Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country Employee Reviews

Great company
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson Hole, WYOctober 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at the company and always felt they appreciated all the work I did. I also enjoyed working around the cities with various customers The supervisors really did try and help whenever I needed it. Overall I liked my job and the company
Pros
benefits and flexible work schedule
Cons
always on call
You get what you give
Sales (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 13, 2018
Fun, fast paced and fulfilling work. If you are willing to work hard (physically and mentally), have patience, and act with integrity, Coca-Cola High Country is a terrific employer. People really care about each other and about customers- you become part of the family. Long hours are required sometimes but it's not without an extra 'Thanks' and sales commission. I really enjoy working at Coca-Cola High Country.
Pros
Best brands, fun products, opportunity to grow & change departments, small business feel
Cons
early mornings
There’s a second side to every story
n/a (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 23, 2018
Coca-cola provides a great company culture for their employees; they embrace the opportunity to help each of their employees grow with the company by providing a team of mangers to help mentor and strengthen each employee for success no matter what the role. Each company has their strenghts and weaknesses sure, but High Country’s strengths far outweight any weaknesses one might see. The company continues in strides to make positive changes for the growth of the company yes, but most importantly for the growth of the employees - without change, growth is impossible.
Pros
culture, feeling of part of a family, benefits
Cons
other people’s lack of ability to embrace change
Terrible pay ,long hours.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson Hole, WYMarch 26, 2018
Long routes and low commission to push unhealthy products on people in an area where people pride themselves in healthy lifestyles. Poor training. I do not recommend
Pros
Free caffeine
Cons
Terrible pay
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 24, 2018
Don't bother with this place... management is terrible and uncaring. All they care about is making money for themselves...they don't listen to employees or.care what they say. They always criticize... never encourage. Pay is average... good benefits. Lots of travel. Expected to work when ever they need you...look elsewhere
Pros
Good hours
Cons
See above
Hostile
Driver (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMarch 19, 2018
Poor Management very rude argumentive and arrogant.long hours, underpaid, Dishonesty, Employees are not treated fairly no raises. Poor benefits. I was told when hire that I would be paid 17.00 dollars and hour plus time and a half and 3 days into the job get smacked in the face with another contract that said no overtime base and commission pay.
Pros
Cons
Management long hours underpaid dishonesty
Good team
Corporate Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMarch 14, 2018
We work together as a team to accomplish a common goal even though each has their own specific duties. I enjoy the work, but miss the diversity of duties as an Administrative Assistant.
Management is terrible
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 22, 2018
The warehouse manager didn't want anyone to get their 40 hours a week because he is salary so he thought as soon as his paperwork was done we were done as well cutting us short of the 40 hours a week.
Horrible work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDFebruary 15, 2018
The management at the Minot facility are a bunch of stuck ups. They look down upon the employees, no one is as good as them. They won't even give you a simple hello or good morning, and you will only be told of what is wrong, not what is right. The work is not that bad, but High Country is a complete joke. It's a poisonous work environment, there's a reason they are continually looking for help.
No benefits and bias
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTFebruary 14, 2018
There was a very large lack of help with a very high demand. No opportunity to move up and better yourself in the company. A very lack of communication.
Not worth it. Extremely low pay, benefits suck, management sucks, and WAY too much to do.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hayden, COFebruary 1, 2018
Summary says it all. Too much stress, doing most of the “warehouse lead’s” job, very long hours, not enough help, too much to do, management wants impossible things, management doesn’t listen to subordinates, merchandisers don’t get their orders in until late afternoon, and pay/benefits suck.

Hayden, CO took over building orders for Vernal, UT and before that happened I was working 12 + hours almost everyday. I wouldn’t get home till 10 or usually later at night. It was a nightmare and expectations were ridiculous.

The company says they are all about “family” and blah blah blah......it’s not true....not one bit.

I wouldn’t have my worst enemy work there.
Mixed bag
Class B Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hayden, COJanuary 31, 2018
High turnover rates leave it as a mixed bag. The crew I was hired into was fantastic; real “team work makes the dream work” mentality, relaxed, some of the best bosses I’ve ever had, great benefits, but super low pay that isn’t competitive to other bottling companies. Then the District Sales Manager retired and it hit the fan. A domino effect of resignations happened leaving the crew in emergency status and skeleton. Over worked and under paid, but fantastic benefits, free product, and fun environment that allows to you grow. They FINALLY fixed the pay issue within January 2018 and now it’s fantastic, just overworked still.
Pros
Free product, benefits, matching 401K
Cons
Can’t take vacations due to low staffing
Not recommended
Worker (Former Employee) –  WyomingJanuary 22, 2018
Honestly, worst company I ever worked for. Highly disorganized, completely uncompetitive pay and always crisis management. The company doesn't respond to issues until they become major problems then sound the alarm. I'd never worked for a company like this where management is so detached from the reality of day to day issues. I don't recommend this company whatsoever. I had zero formal training.
Benefits
Cons
Doesn't provide tools needed to succeed
Unpleasant work environment
Office (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 17, 2017
New management is definately needed in both offices areas. It's not a pleasant work environment when everyday you feel like you are walking into another "Mean Girls" movie. There are a few genuinely good people but most will talk about you the second you leave. The job itself was great but the management plays favorites and the cliques were awful. The newbies are treated like a lepar and like you're stupid if you don't know things run at the end of day 1.
Pros
The job and extremely low count of great people
Cons
High School all over again
Tough but rewarding.
Warehouse Worker, sales (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 15, 2017
I’ve worked in the warehouse and on the sales side. Warehouse can be boring but it’s easy work. Sales is tough because you have memorize pricing and so forth. Easy to advance if you stick around for a while. They like to promote from within.
Pros
Pay, coworkers, local managers
Cons
Some long days, corporate
Get your experience and get out
Sales Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDNovember 8, 2017
Terrible company to work for. Employees are not appreciated and are given more responsibilities and no pay increase. They didn't even do reviews for raises the first year because they essentially forgot or chose not to do them. High Country took over and reallocated pay so the upper management makes even more and the guys out doing the leg work make peanuts. Would much rather have worked for Pepsi.
Pros
Insurance benefits, helped obtain CDL, customers
Cons
Management, pay, hours, other employees
Fast paced
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 27, 2017
Fast paced work environment. Hard and demanding work starting at the bottom but lots of promotion from within for the hard working individual. A great company and a great brand to work for.
Hard work
United States (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 22, 2017
If you are a strong willed person and dont mind hard work come joi. The team. No body stocls the coolers at any of my location s so it makes for an exyra long day some days. Walmart sucks some mornings other than that, its not that bad of a job
Pros
Average pay
Cons
They need more help in all the right places
The corporate office makes it difficult
Salesman/Driver (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTApril 15, 2017
Management in vernal has their hands tied by management at corporate level and it makes work life difficult. The customers were the reason that made working there worth it
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Too many
Look elsewhere for a job!
Not selected (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDOctober 27, 2015
Coca-Cola High Country's motto, "Honor God in all that we do," sounds nice, but it isn't followed. The company treats employees as dispensable; they don't care if they fire you or you quit because they will just hire someone else to do your job. They have a very high employee turn-over rate. Besides the upper-level management, very few employees have actually worked there beyond two years. Employees are either fired within the probationary period or quit before they get to the two-year mark.

Additionally, the culture is sullen and disconnected. Established employees don't engage or welcome new employees. New employees are treated as outsiders to the point of shunning. It's a very weird office atmosphere. The actual job is good, but if you are looking for a fun, engaging work environment and competitive pay and benefits, go elsewhere.

Also, they are not honest about their benefits and pay during the interview. Make sure you get the details about the benefits and pay, including future pay increases, in writing before agreeing to work for them.
Pros
Nice building.
Cons
Pay, benefits, upper management treats employees as dispensable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5