Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, Inc.
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States514 reviews

colacocacolacokeunitedmerchandiserbottledriverpallet

Not a terrible place to work. The work is hard and can be exhausting. You may work long hours just depends on how fast you work.

Team effort, steady workload, routine simple

As a small store delivery driver the compensation for your labor is very good if you become a route driver, staffing issues can really make your day unbearable. Steady work, your day is done when your done with your duty. Time management is very important, the faster you work the faster you go home. If you're not physically strong with a good sense of time, expect 12 -14hr days. This job is very demanding and if you're not understanding the role you work and how important time is, you won't last long.

Pros

No micro management, work at your own pace, great compensation, off weekends, commission based, day rate & overtime. Benefits 5star, purpose and team oriented. Equipment is fair condition, mechanic is amazing. Company phone, Verizon.

Cons

You will work in bad weather conditions, getting wet and working inside coolers, customers are always right, customers support is 50%, labor is mandatory and constant lifting pushing pulling bending stocking. Traffic, long hours. If you make a mistake in the system you can be charged. Unrealistic expectations.

Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

What is the best part of working at the company?Off on weekends. Paid every week. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Almost everything. You work so hard and all you hear is about what you didn't do. They under pay you for your work. THEY WILL TAKE MONEY OUT OF YOUR CHECK IF YOU FORGET TO WRITE DOWN WHAT'S MISSING ON YOUR TRUCK. You pay even when you put it in the system on you hand held. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Everybody is tired. Most old drivers feeled trapped. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Clock in and work yourself to exhaustion.

Productive and fun work place

Great place to work. Some time there is unannounced overtime but other than that it is a pretty good place to be employed. And sometimes they give us free food

horrible job

The first six months was great but the last six months been horrible. No home life 10 plus hours the worst thing about it is the management so horrible. The pay decent but its not worth the stress

Pros

pay

Fun workplace

Just do your job you’ll be OK. I worked there and to be honest it was a really good job. I had to leave for personal reasons but overall I love my job

Was a good place to work before the Laurel takeover.

All work load is forced on the driver’s. No team work. Micro managing supervisor's that send demanding text messages out every day. Supervisor’s riding behind you nit picking. Good luck getting a day off that you want. A whole new good ol boy system. More worried about the stores looking like a picture then selling drinks and making the company money.

Pros

Use to be a really good place to work.

Cons

Micromanaged

Run

Favoritism, good old boy mentality. No growth opportunity overworked underpaid. Unrealistic goals. Don't care about employees. Will work you to you burn out.

Fun

It’s a great place to work for a new driver. Meet great people but will get tired of some of the costumer you deliver too but once you get use to it, it’s a great place

Run

The best thing I ever did was leave that place. They do no care about their employees. Only how much they can profit from you.

It’s okay

Management okay but they are satisfied when you do your job but when you bring up more pay to cover the hours you not getting it’s hush hush pay is decent but could be better but you have to commute long distance to get the pay

You not a human in there eyes

Your treated as a machine and not a human. Your to come to work sick or not! You’ll be told take some medicine and come in! Your gonna do more then the next person while you both get paid the same. If your a temp your gonna do things regular coke employees will not do!

Good workplace and routine

Overall a good job. There are pros and cons like every call center job, but this one does make it possible to have good work-life balance. The pay could be higher.

Solid company, especially in Montgomery

I spent 3 months with Coca-Cola and I can’t say it was a bad experience. Excellent culture, strong leadership, meets most of their employees needs. However, there are some things I wish they did a little differently. 1. Pay is competitive, but slightly below market value. Not enough to turn down an offer though, it’s a great company. I made $19.80/hr. expect around that range starting out as an HR Coordinator, truckers/merchandisers make about $20 or so starting out as well and they tend to go up pretty quickly. 2. Benefits are very good, albeit a little pricey. Lots of options to enroll into. I do wish they didn’t make you wait 90 days until you can activate your benefits, but assuming you make it out of your 90 days (calendar, not work) they’re quite good. They match up to about 6% on 401k, BCBS insurance, etc. The company deals with a lot of turnover, but truthfully I don’t know why. It’s a very good company with leadership you’ll come to love. Quite happy with my time spent there.

What is the best part of working at the company?Paid weekly What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No set time on getting off What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful

Good working environment

Good working environment everyone helps if you have an issue. The manager are very understanding of your situations you may have with work or outside of work

Good pay, horrible hours

Good pay, but the workload and hours required are unreasonable. 60 hour work weeks are the norm. Holidays are a nightmare. Maybe a good job for someone with no friends or family obligations.

The pay does not keep up with the current cost of living

The company does not care about family or paying their employees a fair amount for the work we do. Techs miss out on family time due to being on call after working all day or working all week then being on call all weekend The pay we receive is not enough with the current cost of living. Also they do not value the guys that have been working longer. New hires come in making about the same as guys who have been working for years. Company needs to reevaluate certain policies and they need to pay employees based off of performance and not a small 3% each year.

What is the best part of working at the company?The benefits are the best part. Then sometimes if your a delivery merchandiser you get Chick-fil-A when they feel like being nice. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?As a delivery merchandiser you will be lucky to get a truck with working AC. And if you do happen to bag you a truck with AC it will get snatched if you EVER come in after 5:30. If you get a good operating pallet jack you better find a new place to hide it that nobody will find. And the “cool lifts” are trash too.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?“Bring the truck back empty” even if you are by yourself with 800 cases.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Long if you don’t get in good with the stores and you just drop it and go. Otherwise good luck

Deliver and merchandise product

This job is hard work but has amazing benefits. It would just be nice if all employees helped each other out instead of putting it all on drivers. Other than that it’s a great weight loss plan

Work Experience

Coca-Cola is Good Company to work for. I encounter a lot during my 15 years of employment working @ this company. I met a lot of amazing people, built lifetime friendships, learned different aspects about the company, and l enjoyed my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, Inc. with

Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, Inc. reviews by popular job title

• Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, Inc.