Coca-Cola of Northern New England Employee Reviews

It was a great career opportunity
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 8, 2019
Using my forklift, I would unload pallets of raw materials (empty cans and bottles, pre-forms, etc.) and place them on a conveyor/can depale needed for the product we would run that day. I would load the lines up and continuously feed and service the lines all night. When we changed flavors I would change over the lines taking pallets off and replacing with new flavors. I also worked in the recycle room filling balers up and making bales of recyclable materials.
Not a good place to work at anymore
Employee (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 19, 2018
If have a life outside of work, you don't want to work here. If I was posting this a year ago I would be saying that this is a great place to work. But unfortunately the new ownership has changed everything. 12 -14 hour days are the norm you will be forced to work on your days off. I used to like to get paid out on my unused sick days but now i use them on my forced days in. Do yourself a favor, don't try to start a career here.
Pros
health insurance { teamsters }
Cons
work life balance
Great benefits little to no personal life
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albany nyNovember 12, 2018
I worked for coca-cola Albany NY for over 7 years. I must say it was the most mismanaged place I have ever worked for. I do understand the summers can be stressful, but on the other hand management had a hard time routing merchandisers day. Thus made it to be a 12+ hour day every day.{even non delivery days}. Not sending merchandisers to large stores/ no service on certain days really made it difficult to do the job the next day. If you are sick they do not care, if you want time off they make excuses for why they can't grant the time off requested... in my own opinion the pay sucks. For the amount of work that they give you isn't worth it...
Pros
Meeting new people/ benefits
Cons
Little to no personal life lack of guidance from management
Great pay, terrible culture, management, work\life balance
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 22, 2018
Great pay. But hours are horrible. Be prepared to work OR everyday no excuses. They DO NOT care about anything that pops up in your life, kids, parents, deaths, they do not care and cut NO slack. Kid sick? So. Parents dying? So. Car blew up on the way. So. They DO not care. Supervisor was an idiot, had no background in the field, TERRIBLE communication and no accountability from anyone. Benefits are good but they will question ANY claim and will fight to pay you any dollar. They have totally unrealistic expectations. Not worth it.
Pros
Pay, Benefits?
Cons
Managment, Environment, Life Balance.
Official response from Coca-Cola of Northern New England
August 1, 2018

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We are sorry that you’ve been frustrated by your experience. We care deeply about the well-being of all associates and do our best to encourage a work-life balance. We understand the summer season can get very busy, but we do offer full-time employees who have been with the company for a year or longer a generous amount of vacation and sick time, which can be used at the employee’s discretion. We also understand that unexpected family emergencies come up, and those take priority. CCNNE provides family and medical leave for our employees under the federal Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Under this policy, employees can take intermittent leave in eligible circumstances to care for a spouse, child or parent with a serious health condition. CCNNE also has a bereavement leave policy that allows our associates a leave of absence with pay. We are always striving to improve our workplace culture, so we will make sure to further open our communications with the team in Hartford. We’d also encourage you to speak to your supervisor about your concerns and contact My CCNNE HR if you need further assistance.

Fast paced and safe environment
Quality Control Intern (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHAugust 11, 2018
Almost everyone I worked with were genuinely good people and wanted me to excel at my internship. It is fast paced as it is a production plant, but usually in the beginning they will be patient with you. There is a Union, and a 90 day probation period before there is access to insurance and vacation.
Business never stops
Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAOctober 26, 2018
This is a 24/7 business. Tough with people with families once you move into management, but if you want to move up it goes with the territory. Expect to "work" and be available by phone/email on your days off.
Great pay and benefits but not worth the stress
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 26, 2018
If all you care about is money and nothing else this is the job for you. The work/life balance at this job is terrible.You will not be able to have any life outside of this job since you will be working 10-12 hours most days even in the slower season.Also, if you somehow finding yourself moving on time you can be sure the management will add more stops to your route making you work overtime. Several of these people will then turn around and ask what's taking so long.

Also, there is very little room to move up in seniority in this company because of the large amount of people who have been here ten years or more which means you will never get any of the good selection of off days

Communication was fairly poor as well.

While the benefits and pay are great they don't make up for the the negatives here. Besides, you will be fought on every step for actually trying to use your benefits. Not to mention this job takes an extreme physical toll on your body.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else. Specifically hours, management and the physical toll on your body
Productive and fun workplace
Corporate Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NH 03110August 14, 2018
Loved the environment and the people as well. Management was excellent and very communicative. A very non stressful environment and everyone worked well as a team
Pros
Free beverages
not a lot of communication
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Belmont, NHAugust 30, 2018
a lot of information was not communicated in a timely manner, managers would hold meeting at least once a month up until the summer time, then all meeting stopped
Very little work life balance. However, if you like a lot of OT then this will pay extremely well.
anonymous (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMay 16, 2018
This is a place where you can enter without much in the way of education and make 50-60k and possibly more with OT pretty easily.

However, that comes at a price. Work life balance here gets ugly in the summer and holidays. You can expect to work every Saturday over the summer with potential for 12 hour days 6 days a week. Same goes for holidays. Even in the slow season there isn't a lot of coverage so if someone calls out, that could be a 12 hour day for you. Also you get penalized by a point system if you can't do it due to other commitments.

The job itself is not hard even with the fast pace. So if you need that level of overtime then this is actually a fantastic fit. Just be aware if you are looking for a job with good work/life balance. So three or five star depending on your needs.
Pros
Outstanding benefits. Very good pay.
Cons
Lots of mandatory overtime and little work life balance.
No job security
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 28, 2018
3 months in and a company restructure. If you're looking for long term position. Look elsewhere. Management is very slow to make much needed changes. Unhappy delivery drivers due to overwork and no support.
Pros
.50 sodas
Cons
No job security
Great place to grow personally as well as professionally.
Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 22, 2018
I have enjoyed every year of the 30 Year’s I have been at Coca Cola. Every year brings new and exciting adventures I learn new things every year. No one year is like the other,each year is different and allows me to grow personally and professionally every challenge that’s thrown at me there’s always a way to accomplish your goal or complete the task at hand. The best thing about working here at Coca Cola northern New England is the help and understanding you get from management and your peers. If you don’t know how to handle a situation or task there’s always someone around who has had previous experience and is willing to help and pass on that experience and knowledge to you so that you’re successful each and every day. For anyone looking for a long-term career with a lot of potential growth I would highly recommend Coca Cola northern New England I myself started in the warehouse on nights and was given the opportunity to learn and hold many job functions in the organization to where I am now as a Distribution Manager . I am looking forward to spending many more years learning new and exciting things as well as being a great Brand Ambassador for Coca Cola.
Pros
Learn how to excel in a fast pace exciting environment.
Cons
It’s what you make of it.
coke job review
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 20, 2017
if you have no life outside work and want to make money heres the places some nights i worked 16 hours back to back shifts the managers have no respect for you its none stop lifting and tough work would be better if everyone treat everyone equal but not the case impossible to balance work and your life
Pros
great compensation
Cons
Bad managers long hours 2 days off through out week
Great company to work and grow with
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHNovember 27, 2017
I've worked for Coca-Cola of Northern New England for approximately 10 years in a variety of different roles both part-time and full-time. The majority of CCNNE's employees are dedicated hardworking individuals. I have found that if you are willing to work hard and add value to the organization then you will be presented with opportunities for advancement. The best part about working for CCNNE is the amazing people you get to work along side of. I also love the connection the company has to it's local communities and am proud of the work we all do in the areas of corporate social responsibility. On top of that, we are lucky to have a portfolio of best selling brands to refresh the Northeast with! I've always loved working here and have yet to contemplate a reason to leave.
Pros
Great people and brands
Cons
Stressful at times
One of the top paying warehouse job you will find.
Order Builder (Former Employee) –  Needham Heights, MAOctober 25, 2017
Management does a great job updating everyone on what is going on in the warehouse. The labor is definitely sustainable for anyone who is able and wants to work. You will be working with a variety of people. During the interview the hiring manager will be upfront with you on what to expect and it will be an easy going process. The whole process into Coca Cola is a smooth transition and you will not feel left behind.
Pros
Locker room, shower, renovations throughout
Sales Driven
Employee (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTDecember 3, 2017
Unless you are in sales, don't bother applying for anything else. If you are a hard worker stay away from this place, as you will get used heavily. If you like to brown nose, then this place is for you.
Pros
Good benefits if you enroll into them
Cons
Long hours, stressful work place, no one cares about much unless you are in sales
strange place
Part-Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHOctober 3, 2017
hopefully with growth the nepotism will cease. lots of favoritism. they say only the strong survive but thats not the case here. acct managers complain about quality of work their weekend guy provides yet he gets promoted. watch your back if the person who brought you in doesnt work or is related to someone in that buidling.
Pros
you rarely see your boss
Cons
lack of knowledge for underlings
Very demanding work and not much reward
Assistant Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTSeptember 7, 2017
Many employees lack motivation to do their day-to-day job correctly, creating more work for those who care. Management does not recognize issues within the workforce and do not take much advice from workers. There really aren't many opportunities unless you're willing to give up majority of your time to senseless and monotonous work with little reward.
Pros
Good pay, Great benefits packages
Cons
Unconditionally long hours, poor promotions, weak management
Good pay but it is awful place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHSeptember 8, 2017
Very stressful job.. some supervisor is horrible. Supervisor is lying to get you in terrible and make themselves look good.
Co worker are very nice, but you're just the number to make money for companies.
Management doesn't care ( They might act like they do care about you), They are only care about the number and their supervisor or management. If your shift supervisor doesn't like you, you should be prepare for get picking on. No holidays party for employees. ( that is show how much the company care about their employees) Management got bonus at the end of the year. But worker got nothing. If you want extra money, you need to work over for it. You have to pay for your soda to drink at work. Only thing this company is good for me is pay..
Pros
Pay
Cons
Very Stress ful, bad production supervisor, have to pay for soda at work.
Fast paced but doesnt have to be
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  New HampshireDecember 14, 2017
Worked as Bulk driver ,very fast paced environment job was to much micro management on daily bases ,other employees were very helpful ,management are to pushy for doing your job correctly
Pros
Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola of Northern New England. Our community is ready to answer.