Coca Cola Southwest Beverages Employee Reviews

Fast paced job and very challenging and great learning experience.
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
Day starts at 6 and you are movIng and lifting all day. Very fast paced business with a lot of communication throughout the day with other employees and store personnel.
Average daily assignment
DISTRIBUTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2018
Coca Cola SWB is establishing itself in the beverage industry. This is a newly acquired company with structural flux. The positions and careers are enjoyable, when the opportunities are solid and the company solidifies itself.
Pros
Takes care of employees.
Cons
Work life balance is not adequate for family basis.
Great job- great people
BUSINESS MANAGER II (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 5, 2018
Coca Cola is a fantastic place to work. Work culture is fantastic. Opportunity for advancement. Each day is a new day and full of new adventures. Management watches bottom line.
N/a
Dockworker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2018
Ok place to work just get it done and go home start it all over again until the end of the week manager i had was cool until they fired him but ok place to work at
Fast peace environment, fun, challenging and rewarding
Inventory Control Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 27, 2018
I love to work in CCSWB, overall good benefits, good pay, work-life balance, treat employees fairly, I haven't seen favoritism, definitely recommend this company to other employment seekers.
Pros
Pay, benefits, environment, lots of perks
Tough and grinding workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2018
Hard work and long days. Great pay and benefits but will work your mind and body. Must visit certain amounts of customers each day and make sure certain priorities are met within the customers agreements.
Pros
Incentives for certain sales activities
Cons
Tough to take off certain dates
Horrible... Don't do it! Just go somewhere else.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKJuly 13, 2018
My manager and supervisor was great, and work-life balance. That's the only good thing I can say. Most of the other people you work with are nothing but backstabbers, and drama starters, and lazy...... Very stressful environment when I was there. Company basically lied to everyone and smiled in everyone's face, right when they laid them off. No raises worth getting unless 30cent means a lot to you. Unless you really, really, really, really.......need a job, run!!! Don't waste your time just to be stressed and under appreciated. If this location is still open at the end of the year, I'd be highly surprised.
Pros
Working 6am-2:30pm, kinda laid back
Cons
Everything!!! Everything you don't see in Pros.
Old truck & trailer
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio txJuly 12, 2018
Equipment is old, not enough for all drivers. Trucks always breaking down. San Antonio Has NEVER passed a dot audit, and was there since 2010 till this year 2018
Pros
Pay, vacation
Cons
Vacation is by seniority and 75 plus drivers then you get to pick
Ask in Person
Warehouse and Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
Actions speak louder than words. Please ask in person for the typical day to day, what's learned, about the management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job.
Got to catch it at the right time
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJune 20, 2018
The place is decent to work at but if you get a temp to hire job there at the wrong time you'll either have a short time there or no chance at a full time job there.
Fun and busy!
Food Service On Premise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 20, 2018
It is a fun job, but there is no job security what so ever. Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages has been bought out/partnered with several bottling companies, causing them to let go of current staff and hire new staff. There were people that had been there 10+ years, and were let go when CCSWB was bought by Arca Continental. It really all depends on how you're performing at the time of the change. You can be an amazing rep that is having a bad quarter for reasons beyond your control, and they'll you go when they partner with another company. CCSWB has been bought out/partnered 5 times in the last 17 years, so it just goes to show. But it is a lot of fun and would recommend everyone to apply.
Pros
pay, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
job security
Day on the Job
Driver-Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 18, 2018
Going and delivering the product to the stores and getting to know people and having and good productive day and going home the way that came to work.
Only the warehouse is still operational. I would imagine that it is still a decent place to work.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKMay 29, 2018
Coca Cola Southwest Beverages has owned Great Plains Coca Cola only for a short time. During that time the production plant was shut down. I wasn't with CCSWB for very long. However Great Plains was a good place to work.
if your ok with being a slave
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2018
this job is super hard very stressful and management not only horrible but they micromanage the heck out of you.I hate this place I havent been here long Ive seen 5 people quit already.
Pros
3 days off most of the time
Cons
managers no people skills, micro managed to the tee, cant get the days off you want, go go go lift lift lift move move move etc
Not worth it unless your options are limited
Driver Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2018
You will pretty much know from day 1 whether or not you will plan to stay, as this was the case for myself. My very first "orientation" day I should have known to keep looking..Got there and NOTHING was ready for me. Log in to the computer wasn't set up, no welcome packet, basically I sat down and went over the policies and benefits by myself since she was on a conference call. I basically felt like an inconvience.

Training period is about 2 weeks of riding with someone delivering to stores and restaurants, however if your permanent role will be on sideload delivery, for some reason managers train you with mini-bulk driver, which makes no sense because the way you do things is a little different. This is the part where you will hear a ton of negatives about the job itself and you'll see where there are issues that need fixed between drivers, salesman, and management. No one works together here, and blame gets passed on to one another.

Once you're finally by yourself managers will place you on routes in areas you are not at all familiar with (even though they ask what areas of town you are familiar with during interview.) Along with not having any idea where you are going, they will slam you with some of the larger case counts routes after about a week by yourself I guess to "test" you. This will put you at 10-13 hours per day easily with you being new and slower. This is a VERY physical job and you will be out in the elements. You will want to quit at this stage.

If you stick with it it does get better and you do get a lot faster at stacking and better with the dolly
  more... and figuring out which stores you can drop and go at. You will also learn a lot more areas in the Houston area after awhile. You will HATE family dollar, dollar general, Walgreens, corner stores (some), and CVS's, and a few others with a passion because you have to stock EVERYTHING because their lazy workers won't do it.

Some of my biggest issues with this job:

Junk Equipment-Be warned, this is some of the worst trucks and trailers I've ever seen/driven. Most of the trucks are 10-25 years old; most trailers are almost 20+ years old, except mini bulk trailers. 80% of the trucks either are not equipped with A/C at all, or it has an option for it but it simply doesn't work and fleet REFUSES to fix it. This is Texas...it's freakin' hot here. You will be drenched in sweat by 7am with zero breaks in AC all day. They also have absolutely ZERO extra trucks, so if something is wrong with your truck, too bad it's already loaded for a route so you'll be driving it. This doesn't even make smart business sense and I can't believe a multi-billion dollar company is this cheap and give the people who make most of their money day to day pieces of junk to drive. Unacceptable. If DOT stops you and does an inspection, I'm 90% sure you'd receive a ticket and possibly placed out of service. Not worth it.

No assigned trucks/routes/areas- Supervisors REFUSE to assign trucks, routes, or at least a general area. You WILL be in a different truck and area every single day. Other drivers will smoke and leave trash in trucks for you the next day to clean. Customers always will ask why it's a different driver every week. This should be a simple solution and its one that almost all of the drivers have asked about, yet we get told it's not possible.. how???

No one is held accountable: Salesman constantly over order on accounts which leaves us doing extra work for nothing just to have the customer cut it. It's out of control especially at CVS..will have a full pallet of 12 packs and they'll order more...WHY???? Credits are always a mess and not put together or right at all.
If you take a truck to fleet for just about anything you'll get a jokingly response like "oh it'll be alright, you don't need that" or you'll get told they have to order a part. Next week you'll get the same truck and it still has the same issue. Must be nice to get paid to not do your job...

Low Morale- Every morning you'll get to hear people complain about their route, stops, truck and how much they hate this and that. No one is happy to be there and you feel easily replaced and like a number.

No room to move up- There is drivers that have been doing the same thing for 10-15 years and have not been given the opportunity to move up? It's sad but you have to be close with the higher ups to go anywhere here. They could care less about your years of service.

Forced to deliver to places where trucks don't belong- There will be a lot of stops that are way too tight or don't have enough room to safely maneuver to even get the truck into the parking lot. Whoever sets up new accounts should be making sure trucks can fit and theres plenty of room to get in and out, otherwise, coke should send their order on a regular pickup truck.

Entry pay is pretty good and you can live off of it and pay your bills, but is it enough for the manual labor and stuff you have to deal with? I'm not so sure.
Pros
Cheap soda, you'll lose weight, company iPhone, good pay
Cons
junk trucks, no set schedule, some days can be long, favoritism
Forward-thinking franchise willing to invest in employees and operations
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 7, 2018
Though a majority of my tenure was under the previous ownership group, I was still able to see a lot of the initial improvements that were implemented upon CCSWB's acquisition of the Oklahoma Market last year. Better benefits, investment in better equipment, facility improvements, etc. Had it not been necessary for me to relocate outside of their market area, it is very likely that I would still be with the company.
Pros
Solid benefits, strong leadership culture
Cons
Miscommunication/infighting between departments, high turnover
With the lack
sales /merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2018
with the lack of successful stars given ,there shouldn't be a reason why i have to review such a horrible work place . The job itself isn't bad . Hard manual labor , its the fact its run by not the most understanding an maybe not so smart people.
Pros
work independently
Cons
always someone micro managing or someone managing that doesnt know the job
Disgusting . If you want to have a piece of mind, don’t apply
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2018
Management is bias, nasty and don’t give a rat’s tail about your life/work balance. If you want to have a good career, this dramatic place is not what you are looking for. Stay away from Gulfgate. The new managers are horrible they treat you horrible and threat you every minute they want.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
No breaks/ no work/life balance
Is a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2018
Before they were Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages it was Great Plains Coca-Cola and Great Plains was layed back and the pay is good a very friendly environment but our department was eliminated so that's why I'm no longer with the company but I believe they are still a good paying company to work for.
great for a kid
Refurbish Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 17, 2018
Great place to start if you are an 18 to 20 year old first time in work force. After I started working there, I heard to often that I was in an unskilled labor. Heard lots of promises, from upper management while hearing about their raises and feeling like the hands were beneath their walk path.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Limited OT and not much room for advancement