Cochise County Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Met requirements
CUSTODIAN AND MAILCLERK (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZDecember 5, 2017
worked independently, didn't learn much it was cleaning, never saw management, always by myself, hardest was all the work I had to do, enjoyable part was I did all by self each night.
Pros
peaceful
Cons
too much work for one person
Great Retention
Human Resource Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bisbee, AZAugust 14, 2017
Great atmosphere from the outside with many people working together for 20, 30 years. Once you get in the inside have a totally different true experience. I asked several times but did not recieve any proper training and are expected to know the same amount of information the person that has been there 20 years. You are asked for our opinion and new ideas, but then are told they are no good or will not work because of the way things work in the county, Being that of course we are all new employees and we are not properly trained this will forever be a loosing battle, unless someone with true leadership is elected and there is a break down of tenured people that will accept change.
Pros
Benefits, Laid back atmosphere, Fitness gym membership
Cons
No teamwork, No proper training, No one has time to train you, Employees are asked to tattle on other employees.
Decent place to work
Court room clerk (Former Employee) –  Bisbee, AZFebruary 10, 2017
It was a decent place of employment. Had good benefits. My co-workers were pretty neat, and I enjoyed the actual work I did.
What I learned
DEPUTY COURT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Benson, AZAugust 21, 2014
I learned a lot about the legal system and the importance of being neutral and professional in all situations. Each day was always different, and there were continuing opportunities to learn new aspects of the court system.
Pros
Great Benefits, low cost insurance, great retirement, flex schedule, good starting pay
Cons
Little room for advancement, a lot of negativity, poor management, little feedback, not a lot of employee recognition
laborer (Former Employee) –  Bisbee, AZAugust 19, 2013
Learned to make road and construction signs. As well as chip seal and do repaving of roads and highways.
Wonderful work environment, fun and enformative
Elfrida Library Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Elfrida, AZJuly 23, 2013
The county is a great place to work and has great benefits. It just doesn't give raises. I have been here 10 years and received raises for the first 4, but have not gotten one since. I think that to keep good people and management they need to come up with regular raises so workers don't feel so under appreciated.
Pros
Mainly run all operations without interference
Cons
no raises in 6 years, only part time
Productive workplace
Administrative Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Bisbee, AZApril 26, 2012
A typical day is communicating with purchasing, approval of accounts payable and payroll. Special projects, IGA coordination and grant administration. I have learned communication is the key to management. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people.