CoConstruct

CoConstruct Employee Reviews

United States15 reviews
CoConstruct was the best place I have worked. A very fun environment that fostered continuous learning and growth. Unfortunately for me, I was promoted into a new position 2 weeks prior to Covid shutting down the world. So not only was I tasked with learning my new position from home, I was also now responsible for home schooling my two boys as well as all other activities I relied on my support systems for. Being a single dad, this proved to be too much for me and I failed to meet the expectations CoConstruct had set for me. I do not fault CoConstruct for this as they too have to navigate in the new Covid market and must make decisions that will propel their business forward. If you are looking for a great place to work, definitely check out CoConstruct!
Pros
They provide a great product while fostering an exciting work environment
Cons
amazing place to work with focus on employee happiness. I would recommend anyone interested in applying to do so.the growth prospect is very promising
Overall culture is good. Just make sure you are hitting your sales numbers each month. You will be placed on PIP and it is not designed to save your job. Get help when it is needed because it will not be knocking at your door.
Management hypes the company up to be a great opportunity but it’s not really true. They claim to be on a mission, but it only seems to be one to line their pockets.
CoConstruct used to be a fun place to work, but since its new focus on being the most profitable instead of focusing on growth and success of our customers, things have significantly changed for the worst. If you are able to keep your head down, follow instructions and ask very few questions, it may be the job for you. Ironically, the core values suggest we are able to do otherwise, but it will fall on deaf ears if you provide feedback.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work from home as needed, good transparency surrounding new initiatives
Cons
Lack of reception for feedback, disorganized leadership.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
CoConstruct has offered me the flexibility that I want in a workplace with very understanding management who encourage you not to come into the office when you're sick. Everyone that works here is great! I truly don't dislike anyone. The company itself offers lots of fun activities for employees. The work is fast paced and there is truly a team environment. Everyone is always helping each other and bouncing ideas off each other. The culture of the company is what makes the company. I look forward to coming to work everyday. It isn't a downside for me, but might be for some - changes in this company come fast and you need to go with the flow/not be resistant to change in order to do your job well.
It was a great place to work for a while - then changes to senior management ruined the culture. There has only been 1 internal promotion even though the company makes it seem like they promote from within. There are a lot of fun activities and events sponsored by the company, but it can't mask the fact that senior management does not adhere to the company's core values. The CEO is intelligent and hard working - it's at the VP level where the company struggles.
Pros
activities and events sponsored by the company
Cons
Senior leadership - no internal promotions
My favorite thing about CoConstruct is how engaged everyone is. There are always activities going on here, so employees are very connected socially and professionally. The description of the culture that you see in recruiting videos is accurate. Employees are smart, engaged, and collaborative.

This isn't a clock-in, clock-out place to work. There is good work-life balance, but working here is NOT for spectators. People want to know what you think, and there is always discussion (and action) about how to improve.

CoConstruct is growing company, so things move fast. On the other hand, we're still small so there isn't a huge infrastructure. Departments are small, and everyone chips in. If you are energetic and dynamic, you can have a lot of fun and make a big difference to a lot of builders and their clients all over the world. It's really interesting to work with builders and watch our software bring order to their lives. Everyone here is a part of that process.
Pros
Culture, Values, Product
Cons
Some jobs are very time bound (appointments with customers)
CoConstruct is a successful company by virtue of its commitment to building and continually improving its software product. I've been impressed by that commitment to quality, as well as the team of talented and motivated individuals you'll find here. You won't feel dragged down here by co-workers who don't pull their weight. (In fact, you might need to step up your game a bit to keep pace!)

CoConstruct is an established company, but rapid growth in recent years has resulted in several new roles and departments being created. That means that there's ample room for new employees to make their mark and shape the company's processes. The downside is that there might not be much of an established model for you to follow when you start here.
Pros
Commitment to quality, Smart and motivated co-workers, Ample opportunities to grow your skills, CEO genuinely cares about employees
Cons
Rapid growth means frequent organizational changes
It is enjoyable to be part of a rapidly growing small company. Despite the massive growth, the company holds true to their core values and hires people that reflect them.
Pros
hour long lunches, fun office games, excellent company culture
The teams follow great software development practices.

Plenty of room for growth.

Management listens & addresses feedback.

Workplace culture is very important, lots of company activities both during the workday & outside of work.
Pros
Great work/life balance, Work with hard working individuals, . Boss listens & provides feedback, Good health insurance, Great pay, Retirement
I have been with Co-Construct for over two years. While working here, I have been afforded the opportunity to grow professionally in my skills as well in my position.

The best part of working here is that management hears you. It is refreshing to work in a place where your thoughts and opinions on where the company should grow, as well as areas where you need more support is heard. Not always agreed with, but addressed and discussed! You will not feel like a number!

No day is the same! We consistently have new faces both internal and external. As a customer facing employee, the clients certainly keep the day interesting.

The hardest part is time management. In order to be successful, you need to be able to adapt to change.
Pros
Empowerment, Team Environment, Flexibility, Growing Company
Great team of co-workers across departments, inspiring leadership, modern workspaces, good technology. Like any job, it is what you put into it, but the company is totally committed to the success of their employees and customers.
Pros
Leadership and direction from the top
Cons
Very strict about meeting goals - high expectations
I recently started with the company and I am so happy that I made the career change. The energy from the management team and my co-workers is contagious!! I like that its a smaller company and everyone here is so down to earth. The company is growing fast and its a great time to join!
A good place to work as long as job security is not important to you.

The main problem is the CEO. He is a micro-manager. When anything doesn't go the way he thinks it should he immediately steps in and takes over.

He does not make time for his people either. If you want to talk with him you must schedule a meeting a week or two in advance.

New ideas are greeting with skepticism, so creativity is stifled.

I saw several good people who were effective at their jobs cast aside because their working style wasn't the same as the CEOs or because he just decided he doesn't need a position anymore.

CEO talks about the importance of good people on the team, but in the end he views people as not just replaceable but expendable resources.

Don't be fooled into thinking your job is secure!
Pros
A fun and challenging work environment with high quality team members.
Cons
No job security or loyalty.