CoConstruct Employee Reviews

Growing company with a great team
Product Team (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 7, 2018
CoConstruct is a successful company by virtue of its commitment to building and continually improving its software product. I've been impressed by that commitment to quality, as well as the team of talented and motivated individuals you'll find here. You won't feel dragged down here by co-workers who don't pull their weight. (In fact, you might need to step up your game a bit to keep pace!)

CoConstruct is an established company, but rapid growth in recent years has resulted in several new roles and departments being created. That means that there's ample room for new employees to make their mark and shape the company's processes. The downside is that there might not be much of an established model for you to follow when you start here.
Pros
Commitment to quality, Smart and motivated co-workers, Ample opportunities to grow your skills, CEO genuinely cares about employees
Cons
Rapid growth means frequent organizational changes
Fun and fast paced
Implementation Coach (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 29, 2017
It is enjoyable to be part of a rapidly growing small company. Despite the massive growth, the company holds true to their core values and hires people that reflect them.
Pros
hour long lunches, fun office games, excellent company culture
Great job
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 18, 2017
The teams follow great software development practices.

Plenty of room for growth.

Management listens & addresses feedback.

Workplace culture is very important, lots of company activities both during the workday & outside of work.
Pros
Great work/life balance, Work with hard working individuals, . Boss listens & provides feedback, Good health insurance, Great pay, Retirement
Dynamic environment full of opportunity
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 7, 2016
I have been with Co-Construct for over two years. While working here, I have been afforded the opportunity to grow professionally in my skills as well in my position.

The best part of working here is that management hears you. It is refreshing to work in a place where your thoughts and opinions on where the company should grow, as well as areas where you need more support is heard. Not always agreed with, but addressed and discussed! You will not feel like a number!

No day is the same! We consistently have new faces both internal and external. As a customer facing employee, the clients certainly keep the day interesting.

The hardest part is time management. In order to be successful, you need to be able to adapt to change.
Pros
Empowerment, Team Environment, Flexibility, Growing Company
Great company, awesome culture, smart people, going places
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 3, 2016
Great team of co-workers across departments, inspiring leadership, modern workspaces, good technology. Like any job, it is what you put into it, but the company is totally committed to the success of their employees and customers.
Pros
Leadership and direction from the top
Cons
Very strict about meeting goals - high expectations
Awesome team
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 3, 2016
I recently started with the company and I am so happy that I made the career change. The energy from the management team and my co-workers is contagious!! I like that its a smaller company and everyone here is so down to earth. The company is growing fast and its a great time to join!
Beware! People are an expendable resource.
Product Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 4, 2016
A good place to work as long as job security is not important to you.

The main problem is the CEO. He is a micro-manager. When anything doesn't go the way he thinks it should he immediately steps in and takes over.

He does not make time for his people either. If you want to talk with him you must schedule a meeting a week or two in advance.

New ideas are greeting with skepticism, so creativity is stifled.

I saw several good people who were effective at their jobs cast aside because their working style wasn't the same as the CEOs or because he just decided he doesn't need a position anymore.

CEO talks about the importance of good people on the team, but in the end he views people as not just replaceable but expendable resources.

Don't be fooled into thinking your job is secure!
Pros
A fun and challenging work environment with high quality team members.
Cons
No job security or loyalty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoConstruct. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4