Codac Employee Reviews in Tucson, AZ

An interesting learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 8, 2019
There is no typical day there. Stressful.
I learned that I was not quite prepared for this job, the expectations, the environment or the drama.
Some Managers were better than others. My boss was very nice.
It was a different & interesting workplace culture. Not like any place I've ever worked for before.
Hard keeping up with all the politics, duties, constant changes & competition.
I liked some of the people I worked with.
Pros
free lunches at times
Cons
Constant, rapid changes. Long commute for me. Lots of staff turnover.
Productive and collobration
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 5, 2018
CODAC BHS is much like Cope, La Fronteta and other BHS. Helping people with drug addictions, mental health issues, SI, case management, home visits, Therapy and medication, transportation, and helping members become self sufficient. Working with diverse populations and cultures. Collaborating with different agencies and resources.
Pros
Working with professional people and community
Cons
Sometimes grants would run out
Nurse Practitioner
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2018
This is a good place to begin your career. Supportive staff and work environment. Glad I moved to Arizona. It was the best thing I did professionally.
Productive and great team work
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 9, 2017
While working at Codac I met wonderful people who were so helpfull and encouraging. They were always there when you had questions. They all worked as a team. I was fortunate to work with such a great company.
Pros
Manager always provided tools that were needed in order to succeed.
Cons
Pressure of having to meet metric weekly
N/a
Residential Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. They offer 8 hours of PTO per pay period. The work environment was very good. All in all it was a great plac to work.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2017
love the clients ; working for administration made me sick rather than healthy; they did support my FMLA when I really needed it; they did place me in another position when the director position was "removed"; I was docked pay and told I wouldn't make any more money as a therapist no matter how well i ranked on my performance eval. i never worked there for the company but for the clients
Confusing Management Ideas
Dedicated Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2017
This organizations lays off frequently. Management doesn't show they care about their employees and rarely have anything positive to say about any employees, besides themselves. Management is often unwilling to help any of the members unless the member's escalate to Cenpatico and then they want to appease the member as quickly as possible. The training program doesn't make any sense and for those without experience the training sets you up for failure. If you want to work for an organization that does not value its employees while grossly underpaying you for the mount of work you do? This is the place to work.
Pros
Great group of employees who actually want to help.
Cons
Unappreciative management and constant lay offs
MAT Clinic
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 29, 2017
The management lacks initiative to fix problems. Always quick to assert one's self by making off-color remarks. A lot of time and resources are wasted in this place. It is at best, a job with no room for advancement and low pay for nurses who are interested only in performing tasks for their supervisor.
Pros
Fun at times.
Cons
Not fun at times.
You felt like a you belonged
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 17, 2016
I loved working at CODAC, biggest regret is leaving. I felt like I had a great work family! Great training, good benefits package and great surroundings.
Pros
Everyone is supportive and encouraging
Not much
Peer Support Specialist III, BHT (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2015
I like most of my co-workers. I generally like my boss. However, the culture does not offer a good promote from within policy.
great place to work
Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2014
I love going to work every day, the place is a great place to work and the co-workers are awesome to, I really don't take breaks since I'm there only 4 hours a day. I like pricing the donations that come in and the costumers that come in are nice. I am happy to answer any questions they may have, also help them find what they may be looking for.
Pros
great people
Cons
Fast paced and good benefits with ability to advance.
RECOVERY COACH III (Current Employee) –  Tucson,AZNovember 13, 2012
My days are hectic as are many in this field but our team of Therapists and Supervisors are the driving force of our achievement and success.There are many different in service learning experience as well as our RHBA who conducts ongoing training. There is room to advance and tuition reimbursement as well as other great benefits when employed. Learning is ongoing and management is supportive and understands life and work balance.
Pros
great co workers. knowledgable staff. team approach.
Cons
compensation could be higher.
Not a great place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 25, 2012
the Training is terrible for a case manager as there is an expectations that you will find your own way to learn the position. Caseloads are very high like GMH 400-500 and you have not list to refer from as to who your clients are only the computer to look them up. First Ave was where I worked and the supervisor is demanding and is not supportive of her staff. The co-workers are great, however, there is a high school feeling among co-workers as to those case managers having SMI case loads acting like they are important and competive atmosphere. COdac has huge turn over and their termination rate is just as high. Human Resources Department is useless when having a problem to assisting you address it.
Pros
not very many i can think of
Cons
quite a very listed above