Code Red Safety Employee Reviews

Great Industrial Experience
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAMarch 26, 2018
I really liked the job I had with Code Red. The positions pay very well. It's a good opportunity for anyone who has the time to work 13 12 hour days straight.
I love the environment, labor, and also the atmosphere
Hw/fw (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LAFebruary 22, 2018
I work for code red which is a subcontrator, we contracted through Westlake petrochemical. My position is holewatch firewatch. I have to say I love waking up and going to my job everyday. This job was something I have grown to understand more and love even a Iot more. I love the fact that you can experience and learn other jobs around your workplace. This job can be easy if you make it and it can also be difficult if you let it. I would love a perminate position if applicale, but turnarounds where only availible.
Pros
Frequent breaks
Cons
No per diem
"Corporate Politcs" at their worst
Rescue Technician (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 6, 2017
Zero Accountability amongst management, undertones of racism and discrimination, very cut-throat, favoritism based on color and connection, you name the corruption, it's all in the game there. The workers are hit or miss, depending on their standing with management and their own personalities. My advice: Avoid this place like the plague.
Pros
I don't work there anymore, thank you, God!!
Cons
Too many to list
Sales Manager
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LANovember 28, 2017
My typical day was helping sales representatives meet their goals. I hired and trained them on the culture of Code Red Safety and what was expected of them. Also fielded their calls and was responsible for margins (approving any that were not within Code Red Safety's set standard). Strategic thinking in how to motivate the sales team.
I learned that each team member is different and you have to learn how to manage them separately as well as a team.
I loved my manager/owner. He was a great mentor and taught me everything I know.
The culture was very fast paced and stressful. I LOVED IT
The hardest part of the job was hiring sales reps that actually want to work and managing those who didn't' know how to sell.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the thrill of the fast paced decision making. Managing everything all at once is a high light for me as well.
Pros
Being the boss
Cons
Having to manage people who dont' work to work
It was a job with meaning
Rescue Technician (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INNovember 27, 2017
Working at code red was an amazing time of my life where I had a big boy job that had meaning. I would give anything to be back there again learning the things that I did.
Technician/Driver (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 30, 2017
Good Company good people Fair Management very helpful some of the contractors had a few problems overall the work was easy and gained a lot of experience around the steel industries and chemical plants.
Great Potential but lots of shortcomings
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 10, 2017
This company allows lots of flexibility and earning potential. However, they lacked direction and management. There is a lot of turnover and the compay's culture is not for everyone.
Safety Manager
Site Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INAugust 7, 2017
I start my day with a safety line up meeting talking about the tasks being performed and the hazards associated with them.

The most enjoyable part of being a safety manager is watching a project being completed without any injuries or accidents.
Hole Watch / Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILJune 6, 2017
Good management. Good compensation. Good work environment. Good work hours. Good opportunity overall. Good place to gain experience and make advancements.
Horrible
Rescue Technician (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAMay 22, 2017
Stay Away, pay is absolutely horrible! District Manager will find any reason to take hours from you, change your hours with out your knowledge, then lie to everyone. Will backstab you in a heartbeat.
alright work place
Air tech (Current Employee) –  sluphurMay 15, 2017
ok work place the mangement just make the job more difficult the it have to be by adding stress to a work place where its really not called for the the job you go on are ok
It was a fun, but serious job
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAMay 12, 2017
My job at code red was very important to me. I felt as if it was the most important job in the plant industry. I had to make sure that all the workers, as well as the community was in a safe condition.
Pros
hour lunches, very nice paychecks
Cons
layoffs too long
Great people
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAMay 10, 2017
I have only worked with the company for a brief amount of time and had great contact to get started and finish the job. Communication and easy to get hired.
Horrible place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 16, 2017
This company had the most ridiculous cast of characters working there. The less u did the more u got paid or promoted. People dressed like slobs..I have seen more professional looking people at Walmart. Management , Sales team and Human Resources are a joke. Certain people walked around like they were superior but dumb as a box of rocks. This mickey mouse outfit could pay me $50 bucks an hour and I would them to go kick rocks. Stressful place with many fake people. They get the big thumbs down and the middle finger.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Horrible Management, Unfair treatment
great place
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LADecember 15, 2016
its all about accountability doing your job safely in way that you ensure the work is done properly and effectively so you can return home to your family
great company
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 27, 2016
Great company with great people who provide a great work environment. Great job site with wonderful clients, just a great overall company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is the traveling and the pay. the hardest part of the job is leaving the clents cause they have great and fun environments to work in.
Pros
Paid Travel
Safe is the Place how about You
Site Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INAugust 20, 2016
Safe is the Place how about You, this is my job to be able to work is a safe place! always looking to change the attitude of workers, a smile, a thank you, to make it easier on the sweat of the job.
Great work environment and lots of opportunities
Lead Rescue Technician (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJune 28, 2016
We would arrive on scene and setup rescue system and write out confined space permits. The co-workers made it a great environment and showed new hires a lot of different ways to make the job easier.
Good company to work for
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMay 25, 2016
Everyone is very friendly here and everyone tries to help each other out as much as they can. Will continue to work for them as long as they can provide me with work.
I been applying here and they dont call me 😟 can they just tell me they went over my application
Fire warch (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 25, 2016
Other places sents emails wether they found a strong applicant for that position or they will tell you they will email you if they want to hear from you.