Coding Dojo

Coding Dojo Employee Reviews

Coding Dojo insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

A great place to learn but not a great place to grow

The content and teaching material takes a long time to update. The instructors do not work with the development team to make lessons better. Most instructors stick to the Coding Dojo mantra and have less autonomy in teaching style. Every location only teaches three stacks and instructors become stagnant after a period of time.

Pros

Learning, Teaching

Cons

No Dev opportunities, Stagnation, Poor Management

Out-dated, incomplete curriculum

The platform developers don’t update quickly enough so lessons are contradictory from one to the next, or material is missing when you go to do an assignment. Online classes are basically solitary, with limited lectures and student interaction. Staff turnover seems high.

Pros

Cons

Poor management of the entire program

Great place to work and learn

Place that you can learn a lot of things , people are nice very friendly that you can collaborate with , that you feel like you want to stay longer and work harder each day

Productive with both time, critical thinking and more.

A typical work day is no different from being a cohort student. The difference is that you attend to the students struggling. When time is available, you are typically working on your own project(s). The culture is very fun and friendly, as I am someone who is interested in teaching itself, therefore it provides me the challenge to critical think about what the issue is, as well as show that experience.

Good Working Environment

Completed over 800 hours of web development experience over 14 weeks in a fully immersive coding environment. Productively complete three different projects, each project in one week

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Productive and enabling work environment

Coding Dojo offered the perfect environment to expand my technical knowledge and web development skills. The days were structured around learning algorithm problem-solving methods, experimenting with new language and technologies, and working in collaboration to take on complex projects. I am and will be forever grateful to the the staff for helping me pave a path for a career in tech!

Awesome

Coding Dojo is an awesome place and a great place to study and work! This institution helped me learn many different skill sets and help me create new ways of learning.

Comfortable place to work

Absolutely great place to work. Typical day starts at 9 am. Our team members are friendly and very comfortable to work with. I enjoyed working at coding dojo.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Work schedule

Coding Dojo Technical Training

Coding Dojo is an awesome technical training program. I had the opportunity to take my skills from absolute beginner to Full-Stack Developer in just 5 months.

Sad

Very difficult company to work for. Lot's of leadership difficulties and process confusion. I am an Alumni of the program and being a student was a TON more enjoyable than working for the company.

A productive workplace that supports in leadership qualities

The work place was exciting because you work as a Program Success Manager has responsibilities of recruitment, phone interviews, event planning and sales. You are the bloodline to keep the company afloat. However, because of the multiple hats you wear it can blur the lines of expectations and responsibilities delegated between yourself and the lead instructor so lots of good communication must take place. The Program Success Manager and the lead instructor have equal leverage in ensuring the success of the bootcamp. Most of my communication was with the business team via video and email and to the public via phone call and in-person meetings for the recuitment of new candidates on the. Events done monthly to market the curriculum through open houses and free workshops. The work environment was tough due to the high mass layover rate that happens almost quarterly and the lack of professionalism that is not enforced through out the culture of the company. The hardest part of the job was working in the 4th quarter of the year because not many people want to join during the holiday period.

Welcoming and friendly environment

From being a student here to actually working here, the overall welcoming feeling and friendliness has remained constant. There is always help when you need it and you are never made to feel out of place for asking a question about the work. As a student, the employees were always a huge support and as an employee I am happy that I can also be a support to other students and future alumni.

Relaxed Atmosphere

Working with students was a lot of fun and quite rewarding. Expectations for me as a teaching assistant were very laid-back, and I was able to volunteer demonstrations and breakout sessions.

Changed my life

This experience taught me so many valuable things not with just coding but also helping me recognize and strengthen my characteristics and skills. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. To this day some of the folks I met at the Dojo are now my closest friends!

Challenging and fun boot camp

Coding Dojo was a very helpful boot camp that assisted me in learning new concepts, creating databases, and data structures. It is also where I discovered my interest in algorithms.

Used to be good then they fired everyone

Really loved the culture and the growth that was offered. It was a great team and really allowed a lot of options to make an impact. However, the old owner came back to run the company when the CEO messed up a few times. The owner then proceeded to ax 50% of the employees and focused instead on hitting unattainable numbers with very little staff. Most good employees that were around at the time moved on to other opportunities.

Great People

Coding Dojo is a great place to work for part-timers. They're very good at keeping you in the loop and the culture is laid back and open so I enjoyed my experience a lot!

A great place to learn about computer programming

Coding Dojo was a great place to build a foundation in computer programing. For anyone that is interested in learning how technology works, I would highly recommend this coding bootcamp.

Great learning environment

The culture here is fast-paced for the students, but was slow enough for an on-site instructor to teach and engage students effectively. The staff were very good about promoting fitness and health as part of the curriculum.

Supportive atmosphere, lots of hours

I was not technically employed by the Coding Dojo but stuck around to assist others with their work and develop my own projects and professional portfolio. Those who are employed complain about the culture and work tremendously long, if undemanding, hours.

Continuing Education

This a is a good part time job to continue learning and be immersed in a coding environment. I feel like I provide lots of value to students who are currently going through the curriculum that I recently finished.

Pros

flexible working hours

Cons

most of student load is on TAs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coding Dojo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Coding Dojo