Coffee Beanery Employee Reviews

Love
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJAugust 17, 2019
I worked at the coffee beanery for about 12 years with the owner. After a few years I was promoted to manager. I trained employees I ordered stock made deposit. Learned a lot about customer service. Learned a lot about how to be outgoing. Learned a lot about how to treat a customer right. I learned everything there was to know about coffee. I highly recommend working for the coffee beanery because they are awesome and they have awesome coffee
Mixed Review
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Flushing, MISeptember 12, 2018
Good place to work but priorities always changed. Had to learn a lot of different stuff that you would not use on a regular basis. coffee was good and co-workers were all pretty cool.
Loved it
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Flushing, MIMarch 23, 2018
I loved it wish I could go back but working in a warehouse gets monotonous, also they became reliant on me to be on call always. I also couldn't be innovative and implement new methods and techniques for roasting coffee. I also felt slightly undervalued personally but I wasn't as reliable as I should have been. I also cannot stand busy work so I wasn't in love with my job where there was a lot of that. I knew another person could do better so I left
fun place to work
Barista Cashier (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMarch 22, 2018
enjoyable work load. Fun new drink recipes. making coffees and specialty drinks is relatively easy. At busy times of day it can get overwhelming. Most of the time its very fun.
Pros
free coffee
N/a
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 21, 2018
Okay place to work for , fill the customers request. Sometimes busy sometimes not. Close by yourself everyday and even on weekends. The hours were okay.
Mall Job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 28, 2018
It was a mall job so the pace of the job really depended on the day. Weekends were always busy but during the week it was super slow. If the pay was better I would have stayed longer.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
not busy
loved the coffee beanery
Manager and Barista (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 29, 2017
Great place to work, with great quality coffee. I really enjoyed the customers and the atmosphere. It is a local company that also roasts all the beans locally.
Pros
the customers and coffee
Cons
the owner not keeping full stock
Small Business...What Can You Say?
Barista/Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 17, 2017
Coffee Beanery stores are mostly mom and pop owned. Most positions are entry level and do not require much skill therefore they are not high paying, which is to be expected. Depending on store owner there are many opportunities for raises within the first 6 months of employment.
There is an extreme lack of support from corporate for struggling stores.
Pros
Fun Job, Easy, Entry Level
Cons
No benefits, No Room for Advancement
Hardworking
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2017
Very stressful day at work. Team work wise we understand that its and airport with billions. Of people coming in and out every second of the day. Lately it hasn't been busy but the holidays are coming up. Let the stress begin overall its a very easy job. Just a growing place and lessons learn.
Poor work place all together
Barista (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYDecember 6, 2017
Vary bad management the two bosses were a married couple there very gross they use the food that's fallen on the ground they find any way to save and take money from you I never got a pay raise I worked there for two years and all I got was disrespect
Cons
NO benefits NO 401k NO discounts NO breaks Nothing
Awesome job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Flushing, MINovember 7, 2017
AMAZING place to work. Makes you feel just like family. The production manger is def the best ive ever had. You will get great hours, good pay, alwasy doing lots of different things and having lots of party. GREAT people here. Regret leaving everyday,
Fun and Interesting work place
Barista/Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MDSeptember 28, 2017
Work with some great and hardworking people. The location was perfect as we were overlooking the beach. Always kept busy. Management were keen on hearing ideas from staff to continue improving the business.
I am in my element in this field of work.
Barista/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDSeptember 20, 2017
Opened the coffee shop,Ran the cash register. Baked good for the shop. Put orders away. Ran drive up at times, made sandwiches.
Socialized with the customers at times.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
no benefits
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 7, 2017
This was a good job for me. I really enjoyed the staff I worked with and still keep in contact with one member of the staff to this day. My coworkers were great. I could see this being a stressful job if you did not like the staff you worked with.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMay 20, 2017
Great place to work during high school years . Coworker are very nice. Flexible with school schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is trying the coffee and snacks
Pros
flexiable with schedule
Cons
short break, healthcare
productive very fast pace and fun environment
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 26, 2017
I learned a lot about coffee and espresso that I wasn't aware of . The owner was fabulous I loved this job to death before they closed down I truly enjoyed the environment and I received raises all the time. I also enjoyed making designs on the dessert plates and I like making the lunch for customers they were the best
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
breaks were available
Exciting and a good learning atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 13, 2017
A very fast and quality cafe, had a great work environment, that fostered my great work ethic, It was nice helping people and starting off their day right.
Overall great place to work
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 23, 2017
The hours were flexible and management was understanding. Coworkers were great and days went by quickly. It honestly didn't feel like work because I had fun. It was really rewarding. The hardest part of the job had to be not giving into the temptation of eating everything (I'm kidding). Nothing was really difficult about it and I'd have to say every aspect was enjoyable. 10/10 would recommend!
Very Customer Centered
Barista (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 16, 2017
The Coffee Beanery constantly made changes according to the customers preferences. This was a wonderful place to work. I really don't have any negative comments to say about this place.
Pros
Best coffee in town.
Cons
It closed due to competition.
Loved it!
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 6, 2016
My coworkers were awesome. The shop was always a comfortable working environment. The owners care about their employees. It was a great experience.