Cognizant Technology Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 2,475 reviews matching the search See all 10,626 reviews
consultants were all approachable, while being smes in their own engineering field
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 10, 2018
consultants watched out for one another and supported each other. They stayed in tune with the client, and stuck with the project until the last piece of the assignment was finished.
Good company to start your career
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2018
Good company to start your career. Good work life balance. Lots of learning and usually great management. Exceeding customer expectations is the toughest part of the job.
Good Learning
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work n learn. Good exposure to the work. Lots of training's and coaching for personal growth.

The team, Management and colleagues are very friendly.
Just call it Kludge-izant
Senior Systems Engineer (Service Desk) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2018
This company is a jugaad writ large. This is not the insult it might seem; an inelegant, jury-rigged solution is still a solution and they do get things done. While there may not be any training, job descriptions might be completely deceptive, and there is no tactical plans for how to get things done, they hire people who can figure out to do without training or supervision, making up for all organizational failures. Everything I’ve run into so far is a kludge, but everyone can’t be Apple and prefer elegance to speed.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Doesn’t rise to the level of disorganized
Never will you find a better place to work!
Appeals and Grievances Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2018
Personally I love Cognizant! 2.5 years in nursing position, promoted to team lead just for loving my job! I work with awesome people, management is available constantly and support us! Benefits are beyond the best! I have nothing negative to say... you get back what you put in! Give 100% and you’ll get 100% back.
Pros
Family/work balance
Cons
Could be a great place to work but management is horrible.
Google Adwords Online Specialist (SME) (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 5, 2018
This could be a place to get a great start in the field but management is running the place to the ground. This is a vendor that i honestly dont think cares if the workers have a long term employment. You can advance and there is opportunity but again management only cares if they receive a bonus. Swag is given to only friends of management and there is no respect for adults. You are treated and talked to horribly if you are not liked.
Pros
Free snacks, great hours
High Paced Environment
PROCESS EXECUTIVE DIGITAL OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 4, 2018
The overall job experience could have been better if the training would of been better. I felt like all they cared about was the "numbers" The management team was not open to suggestions.
Pros
Could listen to music while working
Cons
not enough training.
Great Place to Learn & Grow
Associate - Projects (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 3, 2018
Excellent opportunities to gain exposure across domains and cross platform teams. Excellent work culture that encourages members to learn and grow , keeping abreast with new beeakthroughs on IT Services Management.
Great if you love free chips and ping pong
Senior Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 2, 2018
Fairly lax management means you aren't grinding your teeth, but that accountability can sometimes seem to be lacking.

Cognizant took over a previous vendor and totally wiped out bonus program, replaced incentives with, no joke, "candy coupons".
Pros
Free chips
Cons
hands off management
job
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJDecember 1, 2018
too much politics plus not enough opportunity for personal grwth

pro - easy for onsite. and getting out of offshore centers to client facing roles. salary is poor
Good people, great benefits
MAIL SORTER/TRASNACTION PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Mt Sterling KyDecember 1, 2018
Job requires early rise but that means you get off early as well. I enjoyed most of the people I work with. Choice of sitting or standing. Would like the pay to have been a little better.
Pros
Off work by 2:30 pm
Cons
Not enough salary to live
Excellent place to work
SENIOR PROCESSING EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2018
I enjoyed working here the last few years. I wish I was able to find something in healthcare so I would have continued my employment there. The benefits were awesome. I had a very great supervisor but didn't have a chance to work with him directly.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Immediate leadership was not the best
Good Company to work
Manager - Projects (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 26, 2018
Good Company to work and career advancement. But I have to engage in lot of profitability exercise and revenue target calls which are not related to Technical project work
Productive Place, although high turnover
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 26, 2018
Productive Place, although high turnover Easy work, that's pretty straightforward. The management is pretty flexible allowing people to take off time as long as they make it up.
Productive environment
Identity and Access Management Developer (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 26, 2018
Work environment is suitable to learn and grow together.Adapt to new technologies in a swift way and projects always have some new lessons to be learnt.
Contract company +/-
Data Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2018
Cognizant had won the contract over my previous employer. The on-boarding process was simple. When the company's contract was not renewed, they were not able to find me another one. I was told to lie in an interview with a different company, which I did not. The benefits are just okay. The salaries are under average. there is little to no communication with upper management. Each of the managers had multiple contracts to deal with and were always busy. It is a typical staffing agency. Overall it was a sub par experience.
Good place to start career
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 26, 2018
Benefits good!

Multiple opportunities, HR is concerned about employee and overall it is good company to work with.

I had great experience being part of it.
My experience with cognizant was awful
Jr software engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 25, 2018
I was promised after 3 months as a contractor i would be hired full time and earn my full wage, my boss never fulfilled that promise. He asked me to take some time off because there were no contracts at the time again promising that when I came back it would be as a full employee, then when i was brought back 5 months after the promised time, he acted like it was my idea to leave and he was doing me a favor bringing me back as a contractor again.
Pros
They spend a lot of money on food
Cons
Terrible lying management
Garbage!
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDNovember 20, 2018
If you work with this company, have kids or a husband, you may as well say goodbye now. If u have anything planned u better makes sure you have it planned around the hours because if you don’t they WILL punish u for missing work. Every time I turned around I was written up. I called 30 min in advance to let them no I would be late, I got written up for telling them that. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!!!! You are just another number, another slave so managers do not have to do any work. NONE!
Cons
Insurance is garbage. The pay was aweful and they treated you as a number not a person.
Excellent place for learning more at work
Senior Manager - Projects (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 19, 2018
My typical day at work will be at the client site with a lot of meetings organized on my client's calendar. Though most of my times are spent with the client as I'm being represented as a Scrum Master for one of the client's portfolio account, there is a lot of opportunity on learning the project nuances.
The Business Heads and other Leads doesn't take time in taking to know what is happening in the project and will not even dare to take care of the associates, which is the hardest part.
Pros
Job Security.
Cons
Leadership support, Offshore support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cognizant Technology Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K
44.7K
32.1K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

49%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss