Cognizant Technology Solutions Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sr Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2018
To start with, Cognizat is good service based company where we can have balance in both work and personal life.

Learning is dependent on client you work for.

Management is not good.
Enjoyable place to work
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 13, 2018
CTS was a good place to work but I was there during the big ramp up and the pace was very fast. There wasn't a lot of work life balance because there was so much to do driving new business. While I would encourage college grads to get there start there, it's a difficult place to go to if you are mid career seeking a change.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Workload
Not a great work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 13, 2018
No culture, no respect for your time, no transparency with management, treated like a number, random layoffs, empty offices. This company has gone downhill in the last year. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Can work remote
Cons
No education reimbursement, no access to execs
Be cautious
Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
Be careful when thinking of working for this company is all I will say. If you just want to make money no matter what the stresses are then your fine. If you actually want to care about what you do and want structure. Look elsewhere. VERY unorganized to be working for such a huge client. Not worth it AT ALL!!!! This company should be your last choice in the decision making process
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not a good company to work for
Good Company to work
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2018
Nice company to work globally. Having strong work ethics and maintains great corporate culture through out the company. Wide opportunities located globally.
Pros
Great oppurtunities
Cons
less clients in Canada
Good
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 9, 2018
Good organization to work with. This has huge client base and has good spread across USA. So you dont have to worry if your project ends, People are generally of helping nature.
Very demanding and un-inspiring
Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 9, 2018
My company was bought out by Cognizant and at first we were all excited. We told to expect the world and at the moment 500 jobs have been off-shored with more to come. For my daily use I work on a computer that is 8 years old and has trouble loading excel spreadsheets. Everything for them is based on quantity, not quality. My department needs to keep a certain level of work volume completed or people will get removed and redeployed to other departments. This volume is reflected in projects that are weighed the same, something that takes 1 day to complete is counted as the same as something that may take 2 weeks. In the end the quality does not matter as much as quantity.

This cannot be taken for all Cognizant locations as I do not have experience working outside of their new Jessup, PA location.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything else
Alert Environment
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
As far as i have known cognizant is for clans and hereditary. Every one has a God father who can help out. If the God father is out you are in deep trouble. Not sure if its the same in every location. I have been facing the same from every other locations and no changes anywhere. Work at cognizant is respectable, you can just hang on with the tide.
Get to work on multiple projects and clients
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 8, 2018
I have worked on multiple projects and clients. I have worked on on site and offshore model for most of the projects. The clients I have worked for are Merck, Hardford life insurance and Andesa services.
Cons
stressful
good co-workers, work can some times get stressfull
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 7, 2018
it was a job where if you fell behind one day, you would be behind the next few days, and it was often not not even our own fault. benefits where nice, co-workers nice. a gym in the building for employees. most the time if there was over time its optional, but if work falls to far behind and no one volunteers it becomes mandatory.
Fast paced enviroment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOAugust 7, 2018
Great salary. Entirely too much information in a timed environment.
Very nice employees. The hardest part of the job is being timed on the different test.
Cons
Termination after 3 retakes on 5 test
Good
Software Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
Good to work and grow. Lot of onsite and offshore opportunities, and projects readily available in all the metros. Well Defined courses to learn and undergo certifications.
Bad and partial management
Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 6, 2018
Massive regionalism and bad management. Not recommended for long term. Also, not recommended if you are goal oriented. For promotions, you need to be from either Andhra Pradesh or Tamil Nadu
Pros
if you land for a good client or project you can learn
Cons
Management and Organizational Hierarchies and Regionalism.
Diverse community, many advancement oppertunities
Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 6, 2018
Interaction with multiple clients. Assisting them in any issues encountered and providing resolution in a timely manner. Great learning environment and it is very easy to reach out to other teams for assistance.
Possible potential
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 5, 2018
Cognizant is taking on more and more projects so we have been told that that will equal growth. Like most companies, I have heard that they also just interview just to show numbers but already have hand selected candidates who will get the promotions.
I don't like this company
Customer Onboarding Agent (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 5, 2018
I did not sign up to work for this company. But they and my previous company came to an agreement, to essentially sell our branch out. Which honestly killed any potential career growth within my old company, and turned and growth with the new company into a dead end job. So thanks for that.
they are other better ones
Engagement Manager/IT Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 4, 2018
This company cares about one thing and one thing only, profit. Loyalty, tenure, personal dedication only matter when it leads to continued and growing profits.
Productive and lets you expand your knowlege
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2018
Cognizant has a very good learning program. They have a lot of things you can learn in the portal. I do enjoy knowing i can continue learning about new things for free.
Pros
Great Learning
Cons
30 min Lunches seems to be too short
Very good experience
Engagement Lead (Director) (Current Employee) –  Greater Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2018
It is great working here. Still want to continue. I do not have opportunities that match my skill in Atlanta. I am still trying to find some thing in CTS.
Verify and analyze data utilized in processing medical claims.
Senior Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  25th Avenue Dunlap AveAugust 2, 2018
Ensured that claims were keyed with accuracy and processed
accordingly to the health plans guidelines. Audited all lines of business including Medicare, Medicaid and commercial
plans. This includes member and provider claims along with any applicable coordination of benefits. Also, to ensure the
work is completed in a timely manner to ensure any time around requirements are met. This role utilized FACETS and
QNXT.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cognizant Technology Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K
44.5K
32K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

65out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cognizant Technology Solutions.