Cognizant Technology Solutions

Cognizant Technology Solutions Employee Reviews

United States3,778 reviews

Found 3,778 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,964 reviews
projectoffshoretechnologybalanceclientdomainindiahike

Great place to start yoru career

Positive Outlook I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years) Pros lots of opportunities available in many different fields and locations Cons while still working for a company as a cognizant consultant, you are still required to do a bunch of side tasks and shenanigans for cognizant. Luckily if you do a good job the client will treat you very good. Advice to Management make the environment more diverse, i know its a company mainly owned by guys from India, but don't forget that the US is a very diverse country and promotes diversity, meaning employing people from different countries

Pros

work life, cullture

Cons

pay, benefits

Good place to start your consulting career

This was my first job out of college. It gave us good tools and a fair compensation packages. Years into it, it seemed like opportunities for advancement were slow, but overall, happy with my experience there.

Pros

Good initial training

Cons

advancement opportunities are slow

Cognizant Technology Solutions insights

Based on 1,778 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Overall is good

It depends on the project what you get and the manager. the overall experience is good with this company got a great exposure at onsite and fellow team members are also good. But at offshore it works totally different ways.

Good learning

Went there as a fresher, good training and experience building for someone like me with no coding experience.Projects are gradually ramped up. Team is very friendly.

Empowerment | Customer focused | People centric Leadership

Transformational leadership. People centric initiatives. Great company to learn and grow. Internal opportunities to work across different domains and technology stacks. Good benefits package.

Nice People, but low scope of promotion/impactful work

Good - Plenty of opportunities to work with great clients. Scope of learning.Bad - Hierarchial structure makes it difficult to move from one project to another if in case you want to.

Not as much opportunity for advancement as expected

The work environment was outstanding. We worked from the office until COVID hit and then we're sent home. We were often thanked for our versatility and the manner of which we adapted to working from home. The benefits were outstanding and the pay was fair at the time. My only complaint was there was a lot of talk, in the interview, about opportunities for advancement. I did not see much advancement during my time there.

Good

Worked with Nice team. Overall it's good. I advice to you to join if you need work life balance. But pay is not great. And you can get a chance to work on latest technologies.

Ineffective management

Senior management is ineffective and clueless as to how the company is steered to growth. Lacks focus, unable to curtail attrition, very ineffective HR leadership

Low pay, easy job

Job is very easy and repetitive, however, salary is very low and impossible to grow in the project, bad managment and caos is a everyday situation, full remote, good for start only

I wouldn’t recommend

Since my time there the thoroughness of training has declined. Csrs are thrown to the wolves with no help. Stressful days, and a lot of upset callers. When asking for assistance it can take more then 20 minutes to get the help you need to support the valet properly

Opportunities if you know where to look

Company is changing rapidly and primarily for the better. Management has a clear sense of where they want to go but the tools don't yet exist to get there. Lots of training opportunities but the best knowledge still comes from co-workers and leaders directly.

Poor Management

The organisation is too miserable for a senior employee to spend long years in billing roles. 1. Availability is expected for more than 11-12 hours in a day. Even after closing at 10 pm if an urgent work comes , you will receive multiple pings , calls and expected to complete the work on same day instead of providing and working as per sufficient estimates.2. Manager keeps asking to reach to client for any approvals even if it can be resolved internally. Confused managers keep making you sit in long teams calls even if a task can be resolved by one email. 3. Inform them of any leave plan and they are just on there toes how to stop the associate exercise the right of earned leave. They pull in 5 people , client and associate keep asking for leaves and getting frustrated. In the end leave not approved even if informed 1 month ago. 4. No appraisals , promotions for lateral hires for 2-3 years after joining. 5. Hardware sent laptop etc is already used with dust all around. The laptop arrives in 25 days and managers eats brain of associate itself why work is not starting.

Skill set expanded while working for Cognizant

Cognizant is a great place to work for because they have a lot of projects going, so if one project you're assigned to doesn't work out, there's probably another one to apply for somewhere. Also while working for Cognizant, I've been able to learn a lot of new skills which I can carry into a new position.

Good for new Joinees

Good for new joineesTraining is goodLess pressureTechstack mostly old, some new projects have modern techs but most of the project you will find are legacy. Pay is less with not much benefits.

Completely unorganized

For this company to have been around 30 years, you’d think they just started yesterday. First off, there are so many confusing Internal website. Makes it hard to find anything. I’ve been here for months and I have no idea how to contact HR. No work life balance at all. They will keep you in meetings all day and still expect a fast turn around for deliverables. Management expects you to work nights and weekends to get work done because that’s what they do. No clear direction of roles. The benefits are great but they have to be because working here will deteriorate your health. They expect you to hit the ground running with very little to no training. I’m getting on the first train smoking out of here.

Pros

Great benefits, completely remote work

Cons

Unorganized, no work life balance

Good workplace

Alot of team building and great communications, but if you are looking to do different tasks daily, this will not be your ideal job, felt very repetitive

Good company

Proper work life balance Career growth Knowledge upgrade every year Opportunity to work in new technologyPromotion and rating purely based on performance

The work is interesting and the environment is collaborative.

Cognizant provides associates with interesting work and gives you opportunities to grow and develop your skills. The environment is very collaborative.

Stressful

It's not about helping people but just making money. It's like working at a call center when you're not visiting patients that require financial assistance.

Sub contractor to larger companies

Depends what contact you are under each assignment is different. My contract was an insurance company and speed was the highest priority. It was many times luck of the draw if you could resolve the customer issues in the allotted time

Pros

Lot of parties

Cons

Inconsistent management.

Common questions about Cognizant Technology Solutions

Answered by current and former employees at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cognizant Technology Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight