Cognosante, LLC Employee Reviews

Lack of long-term security
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  London, KYApril 19, 2018
Cognosante afforded me the opportunity to move up but there contracts tend to be smaller and short so I didn't have long-term stability. The position I had was very collaborative and I felt my program manager truly cared about my development which isn't typical in contract jobs.
Best place to work
Case Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2018
Great family atmosphere, Training and development with opportunities to grow. The management is open to discussion and every employee gets treated fairly.
Great company with strong growth
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 18, 2018
Growing fast and winning new business everyday. Lots of growth opportunity to move up as the company continues to expand. Meaningful work that truly makes a difference in the healthcare system
Pros
Fast growth, career development, culture, pay
Cons
constantly adapting and changing processes to keep up with growth
Good learning experience
Gc11 (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 17, 2018
Its alot to learn, fast past . People are good to work with, good supporting supervisors. A team job. You call consumers to help them file and get the papers in for the insurance needs. A government healthcare act.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
They take 4.41 hour away for insurance or 401k
Diverse Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 13, 2018
Although I was temp staff, I was treated like a permanent employee by all levels of staff. Salary for Associate positions are high & there are opportunities for advancement for high level performers. For that reason, culture can get very competitive. Cognosante favors diversity and discourages Groupthink. You will be trained adequately but then it will be up to you to build on more skills. Initiative is key in promotions.

Downsides are abrupt changes in policies and procedures that occur very frequently. Also due to competitive nature, it's not uncommon to see people being undercut. Favoritism is shown but typically to high performers.
Pros
Diversity, Compensation for permanent employees, Culture.
Cons
Abrupt changes in policies, language barriers.
analyze cases
LLC Case Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2018
once you catch on the work is easy, review your case, look at the history, make a determination then call the consumer with your findings. The consumer either agrees or disagrees, the satisfaction comes from "you are helping people to get their business done and they are depending upon you to do your job"
Pros
enjoy working with diversity
Cons
contract not permanent
Great company to work for
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOApril 10, 2018
Cognosante is a great company and promotes from within and fosters development and growth. The current workplace is closing but has been very rewarding career wise over the past 4 years,
Team Based
Marketplace Service Represntative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 5, 2018
Cognosante is a very team based atmosphere. We were very much incouraged to perform as a team. Training was also very rigorous. We were encouraged to train during down times.
Company is employee oriented.
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOApril 4, 2018
They are very conscientious of employees needs. During this shut down they have been respectful of all our needs. and requests. I enjoy the way things are team focused.
Case Analyst II
Case Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2018
This job can be challenging and that's what makes it fun. Every case that comes in is a new challenge and I love the satisfaction of helping a consumer.
great place to work
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2018
Compensation is excellent, work pace is moderate and the employees are great! I would recommend this job to someone looking for seasonal work, a quiet environment and great hours.
Great place to work!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 13, 2018
The workload is a bit unpredictable, but everybody works together to get the job done! Management is very easy to get along with. Benefits are offered to TEMP employees which is awesome!
Great support system!
Fun work place
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 6, 2018
While working the company was fair. Tried to treat their employees fairly.. I believe that it would be great company for anyone to work. The company cares about its employees.
A bit stessfull at times
General clerk III (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AR 72756March 3, 2018
In the 3.5 years that I worked at Cognosante, I found the position to have periods of stress, however the position was what I had expected when I accepted it.
Pros
acceptable salary, good perks
Cons
Sometimes overly stressful
Was great
CASE ANALYST Lvl (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2018
I plan on coming back next year for tax season. The co workers were amazing as well. The training was perfect. Best job I have had. I learned a lot there and recommend this job to anyone.
Fun Place To Work
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know I have helped someone resolve a problem that has been very upsetting to them. There is no greater feeling.
Pros
Lunch parties, Contest
Cons
Good place to work, nice atmosphere
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping consumers get health care coverage and tax credits
The hardest part of the job was using interpreters for non English speaking consumers
Pros
Bonuses, group pot luck lunches
Cons
Very repetetive day to day work
Horrible Place to work w/great pay and benefits
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 19, 2018
I hated working here. We went in at odd hours and you do not have your own desk. People steal and lie. The management would barely do anything about it. When a problem arose, it turned into nothing but drama. Half the year there was literally nothing to do and we were allowed to bring in nothing but an ipod shuffle. We would be told that if you went to HR, there would have a no retaliation. Another lie. We were treated like "meat in the seat". It would constantly feel like they cared nothing for us or our families. They preached a good game, but when it came to crunch time, there was always some new excuse, reason, or "policy" that was never provided to us. The only benefit to working here was the pay and benefits. I felt like I was back in high school most of the time. There wasn't even enough microwaves at lunch.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Lunchroom with Self serve and microwaves
Cons
Inconsideration, Management, Policies
Don't take temp jobs here
Issuer Outreach Support Analyst (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 16, 2018
I was a temporary employee and had to miss work due to having the flu and was terminated for violating their leave policy. I was also told prior to starting that there would be great chances to come on permanently instead of in a temp capacity. Day 1 on the job was told Budget would not allow for permanent position for temps.
Professional Atmosphere
ELIGIBILITY SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 14, 2018
The level of professionalism is extraordinary. This company cares about all employees at all levels. Training programs were relevant and helpful. The benefits and pay are great also!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cognosante, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight