Cognosante, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Workplace Culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 15, 2018
Great entry level IT position. Work environment was easy-going but the work day was spent in a cubicle which I don't prefer. Manager were great and easy to get along with.
It was ok
ELEGIBILITY SUPPORT WORKER- GENERAL CLERK I I (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 12, 2018
Limited because of working with the government , change is very slow. Can seem like management doesn't know what they are doing at time it is aa though the constant bidding create's anxiety on site
Ethical Company
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2018
The company seems very ethical but communication is horrible. There is no real leadership or guidance. The good thing is no one ever bothers you from leadership to make sure you are progressing but on the other hand you just feel lost in the firm and totally disconnected. It's a great place to work I believe, it's probably the organization that sets the tone, which I don't believe is the overall tone of the Company. I am very impressed with the CEO
Cognosante
PMO Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 7, 2018
Not a great place to work. Leadership likes to micromanage and provide busy work. Time wasted on too many meetings and rework. As an employee I don't know company's vision or mission.
It's a call center desk job
Office Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 4, 2018
Micro management is a real thing, the job is tedious, and even if you're a top performer you still get blamed and "punished" for others' mistakes. It paid well, for the area. Management had their pow-wows with each other, but did not help employees grow or want to stay. Everything was so negative, and they held our jobs above our heads. No wonder they lost the contract.
Pros
steady hours and pay
Cons
micromanagement, job insecurity, discomfort
Loved helping people with health insurance
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 16, 2018
Great job with great benefits enjoyed working my co-workers were excellent at a wonderful management team unfortunately we were laid off due to government cutbacks
It was a stress free job
CLAIM ANALYST 2 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2018
processing claims for the tax season 2017, making calls to clients who made a claim for their tax forms, correcting errors sent thru portal, updating information
Pros
slow work
Cons
commute is very easy in central phoenix
Steer clear
Case Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 18, 2018
Great work life balance, but a very shady company. They make major life changing changes and only inform their favorites until the last minute such as lay offs and pay increases. Very messy and high school like. The environment is so tense and uncomfortable. You might get picked on for saying "hey" to someone that morning.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the enviroment
Contract Position
Call Center Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2018
This was perhaps the worst professional experience of my entire life. Management completely deferred to local supervisor and was only present to execute discipline, terminations, or lay offs.Worse yet, these activities frequently took place via conference call when jobsite was less than a 30 minute commute from corporate office. Local supervisor was inept at best, dictatorial, an ego maniac, and fostered a cutthroat environment where juvenile antics were rewarded.If I could give a lower rating I would.
Decent Place.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 5, 2018
The pay was decent for Lawton, Ok but their was no job security.
Management was very poor. There was a very diverse place to work which I like. The hours was good and I really enjoyed the type of work that I was doing.
No chance for advancement
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 4, 2018
The job is easy most of the time, except for about 5 to 6 months of the year when workload increases. Job has no chance of advancement, but it also does not demand a lot.
poor
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 2, 2018
will do anything to get a contract with cms to include cutting hours and demoting employees. Insurance is poor and no extra vacation with years of service
Was happy with pay and benefits until downsize happened
Application Processing-ESW 111 (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 2, 2018
I have worked for Cognosante for 3 years and was satisfied with my pay and benefits and loved the people I worked around. It was a Government Contract and the 5 year was up and ready to be renewed and everything changed. Less pay and less hours. I can't pay my bills with this change.
Pros
good people to work with, good hours
Cons
daily changes, not knowing if you have a job due to contract, stressfull
Incredible environment and company.
Issuer Outreach Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 26, 2018
Training and professionalism definitely better than anywhere I have been. The relationships and culture were healthy and professional.
Cognosante is a wonderful company for people who want to learn and grow. They embrace all diversity and offer many options for growth and improvement at work and all areas of life.
Pros
Culture and pay.
Cons
Strict with time but for good reason.
Easy work TERRIBLE management
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 24, 2018
The work itself is not very difficult and I really liked working Monday through Friday and having my weekends off. We also had paid holidays. It is difficult trying to take vacation time especially around holidays and they have a strict attendance policy so you’ll have to be extra careful to “plan” when you get the flu or other sickness or you might be fired even with a doctors note.
My reason for leaving is purely because of the management. Managers are very unprofessional and they do not like to follow company policies but expect only people they do not like to adhere to strict standards of the policies. It’s like high school, managers are the cool kids and they have a group of followers who gets away with everything even low production. If the managers do not like you they will write you up for everything you do and will go as far as lying to Human Resources and upper management in order to give you a bad reputation making it harder to advance.
Pros
Pay is decent, holidays paid
Cons
Management causes unnecessary stress
Very Relaxed Attmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 23, 2018
Cognosante was a dream to work for. The people were great, the job was manageable and the atmosphere was comfortable.

The only downfall were the desk sizes and the paperless atmosphere.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Paperless Atmosphere
Flexible work schedule and great people.
EDI Analyst/SME - Rules Team (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 22, 2018
Cognosante is an excellent company to work for, as the company allows freedom to think individually as well as collaborate within teams for support and team building. Cognosante offers a great work-life balance with flexibility to be with family as much as needed to complete work assignments.
Pros
Remote projects, competitive salary, great colleagues from all over the United States
Cons
Annual bonuses and increases are very skimpy and not based on individual work as it should be.
Follow the Rules and Procedures
contractor for Kelly Services (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 21, 2018
Job Work/Life Balance good

Compensation/Benefits good pay

Job Security/Advancement on temp job

Management very varied

Job Culture competitive

only a temp job and each year you would have to be rehired and the pay was cut almost in half and the environment was very stressful and competitive
Pros
enjoy the job itself
Cons
on temp job
Contract work in healthcare industry
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMay 10, 2018
This contract work provided good benefits, but there was a constant sense of instability. The work had a good sense of challenge and variety, but morale was always a struggle.
Pros
benefits, and immediate team and team supervisors
Cons
uncertain but looming end to job
Cognosante has great potential.
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 8, 2018
Cognosante is a relatively small but innovative company. Cognosante is continuously seeking ways to enhance and increase their service offerings to government Healthcare agencies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cognosante, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight