Cohen-Esrey Employee Reviews

Great company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 9, 2018
I have worked for this company for over 5 years and each year it gets better and better. New opportunities arise and I love the fact that they work with you and make sure your needs are met.

Again, I must say thank you to this great company that is family oriented and growing daily.

Sandra D.
Great location
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 16, 2018
Learning something new everyday, opportunities are endless. I have a great Regional and enjoy the opportunity to come to work and helping others. My benefits are wonderful, my pay is good (of course I would like to make more money, who wouldn't) the CORE values are typical with what I grew up with taught from an early age by my parents, and I shall continue to share and teach others just the same.
Pros
I work at a great location, able to travel to other properties and meet new people. Great Regional to work with.
Cons
N/a
Great Company to work for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 14, 2018
This company is Great! I have had the opportunity to go to other Properties even in other states and help out as needed and more than willing to continue. I treat this property as if it was my own and take pride in making it successful and beautiful. My hard work has always been acknowledged and they care about their employees.
I have a great Regional Manager who goes above and beyond to accommodate my needs and always stands behind me.
Pros
benefits, pto, community family
Cons
trying to get vendors now in a small town
Cohen-Esrey is a wonderful employer!
HRBP (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 8, 2018
I left Cohen-Esrey 10 years ago because my family moved, now that we are back in the KC area I was thrilled to re-join the CE Family! Management genuinely cares about their employees, making it a rewarding environment. They have implemented Core Values that align with my own beliefs and values making it an ideal work place!
Pros
Great culture, caring upper management, room for growth
Don't pay their Bills
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  EverywhereApril 21, 2018
Worst company that I have ever worked for in my life. Don't pay their
bills. H/R is a joke. Was working with a hostile manager and they did not help at all.
Productive easy going
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Cohen Esery. Had my property not sold and there were other assets in Lexington to work for, I would still be an associate. Wonderful company.
Excellant Company To Work For
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Carbon Cliff, ILMarch 15, 2018
This company is always supportive of myself, my staff and my property. The Leadership Team practices our companies Core Values and leads us all by example.
April 11, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time leave us such a great review! Our hope is that everyone will start to see the changes we have been implementing....

Regency park is a joke trust me
Maitenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Regency park Topeka kansasNovember 12, 2017
Regency park is a joke the manager there is a joke everything is so much a secret the place has been run in the ground for the past twenty years siding is falling off the trim is rotten the furnaces are shot most ac units are old and wore out most of the residents belong in nursing homes the core values are a joke I would not recommend my dogs to work here if you want to be a grounds keeper the I suggest that you work there no matter what your education level is good luck I have never seen the rpm on the property since I have been there this is not good business at all
March 1, 2018

Thank you so much for taking some time to leave some feedback on your time at Regency Park. We are sorry to hear your experience wasn't a favorable one but we are thrilled to announce Regency Park has new ownership and they are spending the time and resources to fix all of your concerns and more! Well, except for the older residents; we adore them! We hope you moved on to a position more suited to your liking...

Run as fast as you can!!!
Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 19, 2017
Corporate sits High and looks Low

Regional Managers change like the weather

Property Managers are inexperienced and uneducated

Worst property management company I have EVER seen

They know NOTHING about the core values they want their employees to display. Discrimination on all levels was witnessed while I worked in position. If you got all the residents and staff together you would probably get the exact same story.

POORLY MANAGED COMPANY.
Pros
Ha
Cons
Too many
Never received my reimbursement for traveling expenses.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 24, 2017
Worked for Cohen Early for one week and due to having my car damaged while at work I decided not to work for the property due to safety issues. The company said they would not cover my car and they still owe me expense for traveling for training. It has been almost 2 months and they still owe me for gas and food expenses.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Safety, not getting paid expenses
Horrible Experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 10, 2017
The previous reviews reflect my feelings as well. All of them. When I left the co. they had a 65% turnover. I don't know where they are on that now but, it sounds like nothing has changed. Too bad as I was so excited to be working for them. Until reality sets in and you have to fight to do the job you were hired to do. Sometimes it is best to cut your losses and move on. Disapointing.

When you show up each year for the annual managers retreat everyone would hug each other and say oh yeah, you are here again this year! Glad to see you made it another year.
Pros
the other managers seemed really nice.
Cons
regional property managers and upper management were ruthless and tried to operate like bullies
March 1, 2018

Cohen-Esrey has definitely gone through some growing pains and changes. We are working every day to empower the property managers and give them the tools they need to actually do their jobs. As far as turnover is concerned, the multifamily industry is very fluid right now and property sales, management company changes, and new ownership coming into the market creates a lot of churn. We are sorry your experience wasn't favorable but we wish you the best and hope you landed somewhere you love...

Work Horse
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 27, 2017
Corporate is a joke. They do not pay bills, employee's are constantly changing. They have you do a core value. But do not follow their own rules. They spend allot of money on putting core value stuff together and are so proud of themselves, but leaving a property manager high and dry with nothing to offer you to get the job done. Did not appreciate the employees that worked hard for them. Manager meetings where always a waste of time and energy.
Took a huge breath of relief when I left company.
Pros
Met other great employee's
March 1, 2018

We have heard everyone's concerns about the tools and resources that were lacking in the past. We've taken some big steps to help alleviate some of the stress; starting with a new Managing Director to help guide the ship as well as a new Director of Training to provide our onsite teams with the help they need to be successful in their positions. Our culture is changing, we wish you were still here to experience it!

I would not recommend
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 16, 2017
They don't pay there bills and when jobs don't get done cause of bills you get introuble. You can go to any other property management and make several dollars more a hour.if you like getting introuble for there responsibilities and you want to live where you can't get by this is the perfect place for employment.
Pros
Your always home because you only work 30 hours a week.
Cons
Cant live on the pay and no benifets
March 1, 2018

We have a lot of employees that need (or want) to work part-time and we are so happy we are able to offer that option at many of our communities. It sounds like a part-time position was not what you needed during your time here but we hope you found something more suited to your needs and are loving your career now!

Going to Work on the Titanic
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  everywhereMay 3, 2017
This is the worst company on the face of the planet. All the reviews are accurate. It doesn't matter what property you are at, the result is the same. They don't pay bills, so you better be ready to fend off collection agents as a part of your daily tasks. Don't be surprised if a homeless person tooling around pulls a gun on you. Upper level management is the WORST I have ever experienced. Take a job at McDonalds before you risk yourself with this company.
Pros
My paycheck always cleared the bank.
Cons
Where do I start....
March 1, 2018

The worst company on the planet? Whoa, you really did not enjoy your time at Cohen-Esrey! Unfortunately, we do have some underfunded communities in our portfolio but that is to be expected when we are dealing with a lot of affordable housing. We are always looking for creative property managers that love a challenge as some of our communities can be extremely challenging; we hope you found a position better suited to your needs and expectations.

Horrible
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 29, 2017
Terrible company to work with! Why do you think they have so many positions available? This company will run you thin. No bonuses and no raises. Upper management is not to be trusted and they are a bunch of bullies. You will regret working here. I am looking for another job as we speak.
Pros
Cons
everything
March 1, 2018

Oh, no! We hope you are still with C.E. Have you reached out to our HR department? Bullying will not be tolerated, so please call or email our HR director immediately. If you have already moved on to another position, we are so sorry you felt uncomfortable at work and wish we could have done something to change your experience!

Caring and Capable
Marketing (Former Employee) –  4435 Main St, Kansas City, MO 64111April 4, 2017
They say, "thank you" often, for showing up and doing my job (management and team). The managers and the team were kind, considerate, approachable and highly knowledgeable about their industry.

Many employees have been there 10, 20 and even 30-years because they feel a sense of family there. I felt this as well. I moved on to pursue other endeavors and have worked with them a couple of times over the years when they needed coverage.

If you want professional treatment, a positive culture, good work/life balance, opportunities for development and advancement, I recommend working at Cohen-Esrey.
Pros
Smart, professional people, nice environment and good work/life balance.
I love this company - looking forward to many more years with them
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 4, 2017
I have nothing negative to report. I am a seasoned manager and have found the benefits- compensation- training- corporate support and my regional manager to be great. Every job has its challenges and companies do things differently. I have found them to be nothing but flexible and supportive.
Pros
See below
Run as fast as you can
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 11, 2017
This company is horrible to their employees. Break about every labor law and have several complaints with EEOC. They have unseasoned people in management that are clueless at best. The core values they just implemented are a joke.Nothing is confidential. I personally watched the company fire an employee who had cancer. So sad :(
Pros
they haven't filed bankruptcy yet
Cons
The entire experience working there and the new CFO what a joke
Sad
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2016
I was offered a position it this company, it all seemed fine, until the 2nd day of work, news channel 4 showed up because the residents had called in... 3rd day... I was on my own.. no one was there to help me through anything, all while a new security system is being put in, a very very old bld, housing adult citizens, in the heart Of St. Louis, and I was responsible for the scattered sites of smaller properties as well, I was never even shown these peoperties, I had to find them on my own.. 2nd day all calls about roofs leaking at one of the other locations, and into electrical boxes.. next thing I know the City inspectors walk in... and was trying to violate me, for things that they had been sited for 6 months prior... 5th day, I came in to a note telling me I was going to be r*ped and killed, I called my supervisor, and they did not want me to call the police, because each time the police are called it reflects on their 'hud' and of course their reputation... I called the police, and then I walked out.
The worst part is I am a CAM with the STLAA, and the regional manager is part of the committee, therfore I have not worked in property management since....
Pros
None..
Cons
I could right a book...
Worst company ever!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 20, 2016
The pay is horrible for the size of the properties. Current management is obtuse and uninformed on Fair Housing Policies among other things. New manager actually stated in a meeting to discriminate on certain caliber of tenants, which violate housing policies. I worked in a very hostile work environment, that was very unprofessional at all times. The company does not value their employees or pay their bills. The lights, water and phones were shut off because current management does not know how to process bills. I would not suggest this company as a place of employment or potential place of residence for anyone on this planet!
Pros
Cons
Healthcare is horrid, Pay is below par, Company standards are deplorable