Cohen-Esrey Employee Reviews

Unimaginable
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2018
The core values are used to the benefit of the upper management. However, they do not follow them. It is very sad because it could be a wonderful company to work for if they did not overwork everyone.
Pros
Excellent time off package
Cons
Inability to use the time.
Cut throat company, management loves to bully their employees. Dont work for this place!
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 28, 2018
I was under trained, and thrown full force into this job not knowing what to do. Almost worked here 3 months ..when I could receive benefits, I was fired 4 days before they kicked in. When I asked why, they told me they did not have to give me a reason at all. There were 2 days we sat in 90 plus degree temperatures in our office because they did not pay their electric bill. Corporate was contacted and did nothing to turn on our power. We were not clocked in both days and still forced to stay in a sweltering hot office in the summer time and work with no computers or phones because someone could still walk in. I was told during my time there to lie in order to sell their apartments. There were rats and bed bugs ,sewage coming up into peoples dishwashers and sinks in one of their buildings,but still was told to sell these apartments and just talk about the good things the apartments had to offer. Despite the health hazards here. I dont want to be forced to lie at my place of work. Corporate cyber bullies the managers and leasing agents through emails all day long. I would never recommend this company to anyone ever if you have moral integrity and goals in your life. These people do NOT care about their residents or their employees and will willingly fire you even if you try your best and are loyal to their company. These people will use you.
The worst place ever
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNAugust 4, 2018
Cohen Esrey has such great potential but terrible follow through. Upper management could careless about issues going on at the properties. I don't know how many time we contacted upper management regarding issues / things that needed taken care of that NEVER got done! Such a headache company. Never again!
Great company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 9, 2018
I have worked for this company for over 5 years and each year it gets better and better. New opportunities arise and I love the fact that they work with you and make sure your needs are met.

Again, I must say thank you to this great company that is family oriented and growing daily.

Sandra D.
Great location
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 16, 2018
Learning something new everyday, opportunities are endless. I have a great Regional and enjoy the opportunity to come to work and helping others. My benefits are wonderful, my pay is good (of course I would like to make more money, who wouldn't) the CORE values are typical with what I grew up with taught from an early age by my parents, and I shall continue to share and teach others just the same.
Pros
I work at a great location, able to travel to other properties and meet new people. Great Regional to work with.
Cons
N/a
Great Company to work for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 14, 2018
This company is Great! I have had the opportunity to go to other Properties even in other states and help out as needed and more than willing to continue. I treat this property as if it was my own and take pride in making it successful and beautiful. My hard work has always been acknowledged and they care about their employees.
I have a great Regional Manager who goes above and beyond to accommodate my needs and always stands behind me.
Pros
benefits, pto, community family
Cons
trying to get vendors now in a small town
Cohen-Esrey is a wonderful employer!
HRBP (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 8, 2018
I left Cohen-Esrey 10 years ago because my family moved, now that we are back in the KC area I was thrilled to re-join the CE Family! Management genuinely cares about their employees, making it a rewarding environment. They have implemented Core Values that align with my own beliefs and values making it an ideal work place!
Pros
Great culture, caring upper management, room for growth
Job requirements not supported very well by upper management.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 22, 2018
Worked at two different properties. I did make readies, appliance repair, painting, drywall, electrical, plumping, HVAC, as well as all groundskeeping and cleaning both complexes. It was more difficult than it should have been getting parts and outside repair work done due to their management system.
Don't pay their Bills
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  EverywhereApril 21, 2018
Worst company that I have ever worked for in my life. Don't pay their
bills. H/R is a joke. Was working with a hostile manager and they did not help at all.
Productive easy going
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Cohen Esery. Had my property not sold and there were other assets in Lexington to work for, I would still be an associate. Wonderful company.
Excellant Company To Work For
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Carbon Cliff, ILMarch 15, 2018
This company is always supportive of myself, my staff and my property. The Leadership Team practices our companies Core Values and leads us all by example.
April 11, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time leave us such a great review! Our hope is that everyone will start to see the changes we have been implementing....

Great Management Company to work for - Core Values, Great Customer Service, Beautiful Properties
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 28, 2018
Opening the office, turning on the phones providing customer service for all residents, vendors and contractors.
Able to multi task in a very busy and some times stressful work place. Great team player, provided help in all areas that were needed. Excellent interpersonal skills, emotional stability and maturity. Making certain all team players were on the same page with current tasks and projected needs.
Working with all types of people. Making sure to provide great listening skills as well as communication to provide and build great relationships.
Pros
great office enviorment, fun, happy and organzized
Cons
working weekend
Regency park is a joke trust me
Maitenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Regency park Topeka kansasNovember 12, 2017
Regency park is a joke the manager there is a joke everything is so much a secret the place has been run in the ground for the past twenty years siding is falling off the trim is rotten the furnaces are shot most ac units are old and wore out most of the residents belong in nursing homes the core values are a joke I would not recommend my dogs to work here if you want to be a grounds keeper the I suggest that you work there no matter what your education level is good luck I have never seen the rpm on the property since I have been there this is not good business at all
March 1, 2018

Thank you so much for taking some time to leave some feedback on your time at Regency Park. We are sorry to hear your experience wasn't a favorable one but we are thrilled to announce Regency Park has new ownership and they are spending the time and resources to fix all of your concerns and more! Well, except for the older residents; we adore them! We hope you moved on to a position more suited to your liking...

Run as fast as you can!!!
Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 19, 2017
Corporate sits High and looks Low

Regional Managers change like the weather

Property Managers are inexperienced and uneducated

Worst property management company I have EVER seen

They know NOTHING about the core values they want their employees to display. Discrimination on all levels was witnessed while I worked in position. If you got all the residents and staff together you would probably get the exact same story.

POORLY MANAGED COMPANY.
Pros
Ha
Cons
Too many
Great Team!
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 26, 2017
Great team to work with, had a wonderful manager and felt supported by him and my teammates. Upper management had an open door policy and they were always willing to listen to concerns or suggestions. Hated to leave this position but moved out of state with husband's job.
Pros
Felt supported and part of a great team.
Cons
Pay and benefits could be better, but because of the size of the company can understand their limitations.
Never received my reimbursement for traveling expenses.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 24, 2017
Worked for Cohen Early for one week and due to having my car damaged while at work I decided not to work for the property due to safety issues. The company said they would not cover my car and they still owe me expense for traveling for training. It has been almost 2 months and they still owe me for gas and food expenses.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Safety, not getting paid expenses
Horrible Experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 10, 2017
The previous reviews reflect my feelings as well. All of them. When I left the co. they had a 65% turnover. I don't know where they are on that now but, it sounds like nothing has changed. Too bad as I was so excited to be working for them. Until reality sets in and you have to fight to do the job you were hired to do. Sometimes it is best to cut your losses and move on. Disapointing.

When you show up each year for the annual managers retreat everyone would hug each other and say oh yeah, you are here again this year! Glad to see you made it another year.
Pros
the other managers seemed really nice.
Cons
regional property managers and upper management were ruthless and tried to operate like bullies
March 1, 2018

Cohen-Esrey has definitely gone through some growing pains and changes. We are working every day to empower the property managers and give them the tools they need to actually do their jobs. As far as turnover is concerned, the multifamily industry is very fluid right now and property sales, management company changes, and new ownership coming into the market creates a lot of churn. We are sorry your experience wasn't favorable but we wish you the best and hope you landed somewhere you love...

Work Horse
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 27, 2017
Corporate is a joke. They do not pay bills, employee's are constantly changing. They have you do a core value. But do not follow their own rules. They spend allot of money on putting core value stuff together and are so proud of themselves, but leaving a property manager high and dry with nothing to offer you to get the job done. Did not appreciate the employees that worked hard for them. Manager meetings where always a waste of time and energy.
Took a huge breath of relief when I left company.
Pros
Met other great employee's
March 1, 2018

We have heard everyone's concerns about the tools and resources that were lacking in the past. We've taken some big steps to help alleviate some of the stress; starting with a new Managing Director to help guide the ship as well as a new Director of Training to provide our onsite teams with the help they need to be successful in their positions. Our culture is changing, we wish you were still here to experience it!

I would not recommend
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 16, 2017
They don't pay there bills and when jobs don't get done cause of bills you get introuble. You can go to any other property management and make several dollars more a hour.if you like getting introuble for there responsibilities and you want to live where you can't get by this is the perfect place for employment.
Pros
Your always home because you only work 30 hours a week.
Cons
Cant live on the pay and no benifets
March 1, 2018

We have a lot of employees that need (or want) to work part-time and we are so happy we are able to offer that option at many of our communities. It sounds like a part-time position was not what you needed during your time here but we hope you found something more suited to your needs and are loving your career now!

Going to Work on the Titanic
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  everywhereMay 3, 2017
This is the worst company on the face of the planet. All the reviews are accurate. It doesn't matter what property you are at, the result is the same. They don't pay bills, so you better be ready to fend off collection agents as a part of your daily tasks. Don't be surprised if a homeless person tooling around pulls a gun on you. Upper level management is the WORST I have ever experienced. Take a job at McDonalds before you risk yourself with this company.
Pros
My paycheck always cleared the bank.
Cons
Where do I start....
March 1, 2018

The worst company on the planet? Whoa, you really did not enjoy your time at Cohen-Esrey! Unfortunately, we do have some underfunded communities in our portfolio but that is to be expected when we are dealing with a lot of affordable housing. We are always looking for creative property managers that love a challenge as some of our communities can be extremely challenging; we hope you found a position better suited to your needs and expectations.