Coinstar Employee Reviews

Was good company until it was bought by a investment company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 26, 2018
Had good benefits but after the sale to an investment company, it all went downhill from there. Not a good place to work now. They are only out for the bottom line so they can sell the company.
Pros
Used to be good benefits and work was interesting
Cons
Bad environment benefits going down hill, management is only looking at the bottom line and not wanting to help the employees at all!!
change in culture
Field Tech II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2018
It used to be a great place to work now they only care for is the revenue and micro managing. They stopped caring for the employees and don't promote from within.
Pros
day shift
Cons
no advancement
Very demanding
Transport Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2018
Very physically demanding. If you don't mind tearing your body apart on the job this is a good fit for you. Never had a raise. Starting salary was very low for what is expected of you. Hours are long and very exhausting. No career advancement unless you are willing to relocate. No one to help you when you need it.
Pros
On your own driving
Cons
Low pay, a lot of overtime in summer, physically demanding, no career advancement
You win and Lose as a Team
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2018
This company provides you with a great work life balance in which many people long for in this day and time. I worked from home so instead of wasting hours traveling to to work, I was able to go into my home office earlier and work with little to no distractions. Finally, it also allowed me to pick my kids up in the evening.

We learned to work hard and play harder and that was the most enjoyable part of this job. Working as a team on different projects, minimal travel and management was very supportive.
Productive and fun work place
Senior Database Developer/Data Architect (Former Employee) –  Bellevue,WANovember 4, 2017
He said unemployment was high, farmers were helpless, education was expensive and medical costs were soaring because the government had not set up new hospitals, corruption was very high and a handful of industrialists and corporates could take away land, water and other resources while the BJP government in the State remained a mute spectator.
Executive Team with keen eye for selling.
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 25, 2017
Coinstar has been redesigned to be a place for a short sell and worker bees just executing for the executive team. The company has lost its community culture and it was the people that brought me to work each day and now everyone is exhausted.
Change is the Constant
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 20, 2017
Coinstar is an amazing place to work. Many opportunities to do things you wouldn't have access to at other companies. People really seek to do the right thing. The people are the most enjoyable part of the job in addition to the challenging work.
Pros
Fast paced, challenging, great people
Cons
Private equity owned, so will be selling within a 3-5 year window
Exciting Company
MARKETING PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 7, 2017
The company is a leader in technology with an exciting work culture. With a hands-on management team, employees feel valued and part of the company as a whole.
Great!
ELECTROMECHANICAL TECHNICIAN 3 (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 2, 2017
Fun place to work at. Learned a lot about the manufacturing environment! Management was always fair, but to the point. Never should have left that job!
Family Oriented Place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 14, 2017
Coinstar was a great place to work. They were flexible with my schedule and provided great benefits. In my role however there was little to no opportunity for growth.
Great people to work with!
Customer Service Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 7, 2017
Eager to get to work and accomplish your tasks and work while interacting with great people!

Fun place with folks that have a great sense of humor and believe in one another.
Pros
Believe in what they do.
Cons
Decisions can be a little too slow, but not bad.
Cut throat business
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 5, 2017
Coinstar is without question the most demanding, and difficult job I have ever had. The pay and benefits package was pretty good, no question there, however what they expect from an individual is brutal, and quite frankly ridiculous. The responsibilities they place on you is way more than what one person can physically do. When they tell you that you basically have carte blanche with overtime, while every single other person within your district must ask for OT prior to taking it, then you know that you have it harder than everyone else. I lasted over six years with the company, which was way longer than any other technician before me, in this marketplace. This position is geared for a young, and extremely energetic individual.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
work load
Excellent experience
Corporate Installation Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 15, 2017
In my 17 years at Coinstar, I was always given opportunities to learn and grow both within the company but also with company provided seminars and classes. The culture was one of collaboration and encouragement for one another.
Pros
Excellent opportunities for growth
Cons
Disjointed systems between lines of business
Not the best ending
Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2017
The company underwent a change of management or ownership. Many employees were surplussed. Someone took all keys for the machines and dumped into a box. Need I say anything more.
Pros
Enjoyed working alone and also being in the public
Cons
Very bad at the end
Excellent company, great benefits
District Manager, Service Operations (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 10, 2017
Strong company with values-based culture. Hard work is expected but compensation and benefits are very good. Can be long hours, especially for management.
Pros
Values-based culture, autonomy, encourages independent thinking
Cons
Tough work-life balance for management; constantly looking for ways to reduce cost, resulting in headcount reduction, more work put on remaining employees
good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 9, 2017
Great job with good benefits.
Management was okay, but they are not very flexible with your schedule.
Made it hard to work when other responsibilites popped up.
Also they made it very hard to focus with so much crosstraining
productive
Field Technician Floater (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 7, 2017
as a field service technician you work out of your house and also travel out of state from time to time to assist in other areas for installs repairs and leave of absence needed for other technicians
Pros
fun productive work
Cons
no job security all veterans of more than 5 yrs are let go
decent company
Merchandising, Sales (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILMay 3, 2016
dont really have a review, it was a job, thats about it.
only decent pay, but had to work some holidays and weekends, for just a tad above min wage.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
pressure to force people to gamble more
Work from home
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 16, 2016
Driving from store to store doing repairs and preventative maintenance and upgrades

I learned that excel was more than just adding and subtracting numbers, it was great to do a lot of things- like making a spreadsheet to keep track of who had Capital expenditure and to have them sent back with in 30day.

It was good to see my co-workers since we all worked in different city and towns, but we did communicate every day and we learned from one anther

The hardest part of my job was the day they told me that they were doing a reduction of force and I was on the list after 14 years.

I enjoyed are district annual weekend get together.
Pros
annual get together
Cons
having to leave
Very good place to work.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Long work day's but satisfactory for personable growth. Co-worker were great to work with management is what management is ?
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coinstar. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about