Cold Spring Hills Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Good Internship Experience
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 19, 2018
Created a Program. Communicated with staff and residents. Participated in multidisciplinary meetings. All employees are treated well. Gained project management skills.
I like,it,when i was working there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYAugust 12, 2017
I work at Coldspringhill 6 years a go as a CNA,it was a great place to work they was,helpful in hr,I move out of state now I just move back trying back to get a job there
Pros
Buy lunch
Cons
Half hour
Great staff, Horrible Administrators
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2017
Worked there for 3 years. Found very compassionate staff and the worst administrative team ever, anywhere when new ownership came in. Profit over people! Administration does not care about staff though at first it will seem that they do but don't let them fool you. There was an awesome team of caring and experience employees in place but new admins either fired or seriously down graded hundreds of employees to increase profit. This resulted in less people to do more work which decreased quality if care and quality if life for residents. New admins decided to purchase inferior quality food, while residents already complained about food previously. They got rid of great worker bees and hired 5 or 6 administrators. Not needed. They may at first seem nice but there actions are not. Please if you are a music or recreation therapist considering this job, please look elsewhere. Do not be fooled by competitive sakery. Do not sell your soul to this company who views the SNF industry as a real estate business where they rent rooms to house bodies until they die, only to fill them with other bidies as fast as possible to keep profits high. They actually don't care about residents quality of life. They especially don't care about staff. Run, don't walk away. Please keep looking for other jobs. This isn't worth it. The amount of good you'll do for residents will be far overshadowed by the damage you'll suffer from the life sucking administrators. I warned ya!
Pros
Hard working staff, caring and good people
Cons
Worst, administrators anywhere, ever. Profit over people. Greedy and uncaring.
Alright
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 8, 2017
this job was alright, it was very stressful but the pay was great. You do a lot of walking and you hear a lot of complaints but the money is worth it.
Producitve surrounding
Assisting in bed making (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY 11797March 22, 2017
I loved being apart of this environment. The workers are amazing and so are the residents. The hardest part about working here was when your resident expires. Everyone is very kind here and I will recommend this place to any new CNA looking for a place to work.
great environment
nusisng assistants (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMarch 10, 2017
there is lots of team work.
communicate with staff and patients are very important.
take responsibility for any actions at the work place.
always prepare to work physically and mentally.
always prepare
always on time.
It was a nice work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New York StateDecember 19, 2016
I enjoyed the job. At times it could be stressful but overall it was enjoyable. The scheduling can be drastic at times but they try to be flexible. It all depends
A productive and easy-going workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 19, 2016
A great nursing home to work at. I interacted with many elderly patients and assisted them with their daily activities. My co-workers were like-minded individuals who wanted to offer their help and assist in any way they can just like me.
Cold Spring Hills Is fun Place and friendly environment Place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  378 soyosset-woodbury Rd, Woodbury NYOctober 2, 2015
Cold Spring Hills is a good place to work. It offer you opportunity to learn and achieve your goal as a nurse. At Cold Spring Hills, the staff development is very supportive and help you with any concern about any healthcare issues.
Difficult work environment, great residents
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYOctober 3, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the residents. Co-workers and management is unorganized and unpredictable. I learned to be prepared for whatever comes my way and to always be ready for last minute changes.
Productive, enjoyable environment and high pace
Director of Plant Operations (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 17, 2014
At Cold Spring HIlls, minute to minute anything can happen and normally anything happens. It keeps me on my toe and constantly moving and allowing the creative juices to flow out of me.

Co-workers sometime aid in having a enjoyable day when they pull their resources together.

What I find to be enjoyable is watching my guys work together as a team to solve a problem.
Pros
Great learning experience daily
facility recently renovated clean place to work
Laundry Aide/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJuly 1, 2014
Work environment was substantial and fairly compensated for work performed.
One Big Family
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 23, 2014
Over the last few months I have learned a lot about myself and my residents. Working in Cold Spring Hills has been a wonderful experience and has opened my eyes in a new way. This experience changed my thoughts and opinions of the elderly, I used to think that they would all be ancient and crabby except for a few handful of residents but I was wrong. Many of the residents were pretty young and lively. At cold spring hills I got very close to one resident the first few weeks but drifted onto another one. Ms. A was about 86 years old, she first caught my attention with her infamous “Hello miss!?” that we all would hear regularly on a daily basis. Usually I would just say hello back and move on to a new activity but I decided to drop in one day and I’m glad I did. From then on I would spend every bit of free time I had with Ms. A, talking to her and coaxing her to eat even though she always told me no. My best moment with her was the day she smiled at me for the first time and told me that she loved me; she passed about 3 weeks later, 2 days before my first day back at clinic after a long vacation. The last time I saw her before she passed the 19th of April; I was moved to a different floor temporarily so I never got to say goodbye. When I was told that Ms. A had passed I was heartbroken and it took all my strength to hold back my tears as to not upset the other residents and my classmates. Working with Ms. A improved my patience and gave me a look at death since this was the first time I had someone close to me pass away. I learned to be patient, and to not judge a book by its  more... cover.  less