Cold Stone Creamery Employee Reviews

Found 1,545 reviews matching the search See all 1,591 reviews
I had an awesome time helping customers and decorating cakes as the owner was terrible he did not pay me overtime and shorted my hours
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 13, 2018
It was a great place at first but then out of no where it started to go downhill the owner started being extremely rude and grumpy I had enough of it!
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Short breaks owner was very rude
Fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 13, 2018
We did not really do much so it was a laid back job. Management was poor though. Closer to summer it was really busy, but when its colder there is not much to do.
Pros
Free icecream once a day
Cons
Really fun job with poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COOctober 11, 2018
I really enjoyed most everything about the job. My original manger and the one after that was great but the next one wasn’t my favorite. it is a great job because you get free ice cream and tips, but pay overall isn’t great
Pros
free ice cream and discounts
Cons
management
amazing
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 11, 2018
fun, fast paced, flexible and competitive scheduling, hands on and easy to learn, enjoyable coworkers, good management, relatively easy overall. Very fun job
Good First Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 11, 2018
You first start by clocking in, then you need to wash your hands. After that you normally practice scooping and measuring so you can better your skills. Next, you would check to make sure everything is full and clean. While doing this, customers may walk in so be prepared to help them out. That is a typical shift.

I learned better communication skills. I learned how to properly interact with customers and how to satisfy their needs.

The management was not very good. Scheduling was inconsistent. Did not get enough hours to be able to support myself.

The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with customers.
Pros
Easy, fun, flexible
Cons
no benefits, poor hours
A fast pace but a good environment with amazing co-workers
Server/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 9, 2018
I have learned at Cold Stone Creamery to work with stubborn coustomers and keep a fast pace, the management was very good and understanding, the hardest parts was the busy weekends but I learned how to keep up.
Pros
Half of discount on food.
Cons
Very short breaks
Poor managment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 8, 2018
Manipulation and greed run this company. One my my worst experiences by far, once corporate realized what's was happening they did nothing to help those employees wronged.
Pros
Customer service skills
Cold Stone
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2018
Management and merchandising. Cold Stone t, customer service, janitorial, stock, payroll, scheduling, Management and merchandising. Cold Stone , customer service, roll, scheduling,
good temporary job
Ice Cream Maker (Former Employee) –  Lake in the Hills, ILOctober 8, 2018
Liked the job and the people I worked with but it was only a temporary job at minimum wage dealing with rude customers. The restaurant was clean and a nice place to work in high school.
Don’t work at coldstone
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  IdahoOctober 8, 2018
If you are an opener you will be underpaid and overworked especially if you work at a location that’s understaffed like the one I work at. You will have no social life because you will have to work everyday because all your coworkers are in high school. Management is horrible and or never there. No room for advancement. Very few raises if any, no benefits and extremely hard to get any time off of work. Good for high school students I guess but other than that I would not recommend working here. also there is no such thing as sick days if you can’t find someone to cover you then you have to come in. This is a real downside of being an opener when all your coworkers are in high school no one can cover your shift if you need it.
Pros
Employee discount, great first job for HIGH SCHOOLERS
Cons
Bad management, underplayed, under appreciated, no benefits, working with only high schoolers
Fun and clean
Was in charge of ice cream sales (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAOctober 7, 2018
I had a great time working at coldstone. There is a lot of business during the summer and great tips. I learned how to manage, and clean. Hardest part of the job was making sure the ice cream didn't melt.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
you don't choose your breaks
Working as a survivor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cutler Bay, FLOctober 6, 2018
make sure the shift runs smoothly, work plans for the day, job training hiring, shift manager,making sure the store is clean at all times, store runs, money drops, inventory, making sure that each and every staff member is following food safety.
Pros
meeting new people
Calm but stressful
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 6, 2018
If you are the type of person who enjoys working alone, then you can handle this job no problem. We home make the ice cream and the cakes. The manager is understanding. It's all around a great place to work for people just starting out in life.
Pros
It's not hot
Cons
No benefits
fun work place
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 3, 2018
It was only fun because of the coworkers but the job was in my words, Terrible. The customers were rude over some ice cream and it got ridiculous. The boss didn't renew things and the place wasn't that good overall.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
terrible pay
poor management, unsanitary work conditions
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAOctober 3, 2018
Although Coldstone creamery is a growing dessert establishment, it fails to fairly compensate its employees. Starbucks would be a good example of how a Cold Stone should be. Cold Stone is a hit or miss job. It is run by both franchisee and corporate. This makes every Cold Stone experience different.
Cons
short break, no discounts off of work, poor scheduling
Bad Place to work.
Cashier, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIOctober 2, 2018
Team Leaders get no pay raise.
Employees get no raises.
Bad Employees.
Bad pay and badd hours.
Worked holiday no extra pay.
not the cleanest place.
Pros
Cons
everything
Flexible,
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  UtahOctober 2, 2018
The job is a nice High School job, very flexible hours, fun environment, but the store owner was the absolute angriest man I have every met. I was able to work independently, but micromanagement was a huge issue.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
poor management
Fun Fun Fun
Trustee (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2018
Fun place to work especially if you are looking for a laid back part time job. Hours are never to crucial. Tips are welcomed in this place of business
Friendly, Fun, and Flexible workplace
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDSeptember 28, 2018
Average work day was mainly just organisation and cleaning, as well as preparing food for and helping customers. Though you can't really advance, you'll always have something to learn there.
Pros
Free Ice Cream (1 per work day)
Cons
My manager wasn't my favourite
high school job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 28, 2018
this is a good job for someone just starting out in the work force. Perfect for a high school or college student. Singing after getting a tip was a pain but a great marketing strategy by the management