Cold Stone Creamery Employee Reviews

Found 1,486 reviews matching the search See all 1,531 reviews
A day
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 16, 2018
The hardest part of this job is time management because balancing customers and shift requirements. It is easy to advance in this company if you master multitasking.
Pros
Free/discounted ice cream
Cons
No health benefits
Coldstone
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 16, 2018
Coldstone is easily the best job well first job, it easily introduces you to the work place. you aren't just thrown out into the world like most jobs.
cold stone creamery
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 15, 2018
I learned good customer service skills and how to work well with others, customers were respectful and tipped decently, I would recommend this job to others
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
busy
Fast paced and exciting workplace.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJAugust 14, 2018
Cold Stone Creamery is a fast paced and extremely customer orientated work environment. Right of the bat your customer service skills are honed in on and you learn quickly that working quickly yet remaining efficient are key characteristics to have to remain successful and relatively stress free at Cold Stone.
Pros
Management is great, managers work with your schedule
Cons
No breaks, little room for promotion, minimum wage
productive,overall good job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2018
It was a good job just wasn't enough hours and not much days to work.The most one would work in one week was 30 or 40 hours. It was a great work environment. I learned to work as a team and great customer service.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
not enough hours
Fast paced work environment need strong wrists
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winchester, CAAugust 13, 2018
I did not enjoy my time at ColdStone mainly due to the work environment, the co-workers were not very friendly and did not train me properly leaving me prepared for multiple customers encounters. In addition, your wrists will be sore after just a few hours on constant pulling of the ice cream
fun and exciting
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 13, 2018
It is a fun and exciting place to work at and only thing I wish they had there was insurance benefits. the most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with the people
Unprofessional
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 12, 2018
I enjoyed working there because it was very relaxed but they only give about 3-4 hour shifts and only about 3 shifts a week. Managers there wouldn’t give us all of our tips and were unprofessional at times.
Pros
Very easy
Cons
Unprofessional and few hours
Great coworkers but management was a little difficult sometimes
SHIFT LEADER, CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Cold Stone Creamery but if I had one complaint, the management was brutal at times. Competition to be better than the other employees was enforced and that really was not fair. Management needs to take a look at themselves and realize the worth of their employees. I was way undervalued for what I did at my time with that particular store.
Pros
Great coworkers
Great Manager, And team atmosphere
SHIFT LEADER COLD STONE CREAMERY (Former Employee) –  Axton, VAAugust 10, 2018
I enjoyed this job, it was a great kick off to learning more about the hospitality industry, and to learning a different side to food service, I learned some handy customer service skills with dealing with families on the go and with clients with high expectations.
unsupportive manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CAAugust 9, 2018
Not enough hours schedule change without notice. Manager not supportive. Co workers are funny and helpful. Manager not willing to allow employees to have second job.
overall its a good company depending on the staff
Ice Cream Artist- Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Centereach, NYAugust 9, 2018
Personally i feel like the staff really makes the company stand out. If you have a lazy staff behind you your company may not do as well as a company who has a eager, responsible, hard working staff working behind them.
Work went smoothly when we had less supervision.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTAugust 8, 2018
The manager was not good at his job and made everyone wildly uncomfortable. We were more productive when he wasn’t in the store because we felt like we couldn’t be ourselves when he was around. We worked harder when he was not present.
Pros
Free ice cream/half off everything purchased
Cons
Management.
Stressful and sometimes fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 8, 2018
Despite the longest lines in the history of human lines, sampling the ice cream and serving nice guests made the job bearable. I honestly can't even think of any benefits I received from this job; my manager was quite aloof and strict, making sure the workers were always working. Some days, working 8-hour shifts, I wouldn't even take any breaks. I'd close and open the next day, then school right after. I learned how to not take things so personally, focus on the task at hand, basic social skills, guide conversations from being hit-on to what ice cream the customer wanted, time management, and how to eat ice cream sneakily.
Pros
Ice cream samples, smiles on kids faces
Cons
long hours, long lines, stressful, picky guests
Simple, productive, safe, happy
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 5, 2018
I loved working at Cold Stone, the energy of the space was so happy and fun. And everyone who worked with me was such a genuine and nice person. Everyone at Cold Stone cares about one another, including those we serve.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Low staff
Taught me a lot about social skills and it was relaxed and fun.
Crew Member (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 5, 2018
When I worked at Cold Stone, overall I would say It was a lot of fun. Usually everyday when I got there I would put on my apron and hat and I would ask what needed done. Instantly I was either sweeping, refilling ice cream, or helping customers. It was a fast paced environment usually, you'd always be on your feet doing something. Even when it was snowing or raining there was always more and I loved that. My favorite part of working at Cold Stone would be either getting to sample the ice cream all the time, or just the satisfaction of knowing that just by putting ice cream in a cone I made a kids day so much better. Just the joy of making other people smile when we welcomed them into our store, or telling them to have a nice day after we served them it brought a lot of happiness into my life.
Fun, but won't pay bills
Ice cream Maker (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAAugust 4, 2018
This was a good starter job for someone who just graduated High School or is still in High School. The pay was not very good, but we did get tips. I learned how to interact with people in a fun fast paced environment.
Loved working with the people
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAAugust 3, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of me getting all of the ice cream ready to be served and make sure that the countertops looked cleaned and the restaurant itself looked exceptional for the customers to come in.
overview
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 1, 2018
from day to I would clean and greet customers and take orders. I would also count the money in the register. I would close alone. I would wash the dishes
It was a decent first Job.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed the free ice cream samples, but management was poor. Wages were not split fairly. We had to share our tips with all employees, including those that didn't work on the weekends.