Cold Stone Creamery
68Average

Cold Stone Creamery Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA42 reviews
I think it’s a good place to work for your first job, the crew members are more teens than adults. It has very flexible scheduling and the manager is very nice.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
I’ve enjoyed it so far, I’m glad it got to be my first job because I’ve gotten to learn quite a bit. Though like any job, it is a customer based place, so you need to remind yourself of that.
I enjoy my job at Cold Stone. Staff gets along very well for the first time and we have an overall system that works well. Obviously i would like to be paid more, but i appreciate what i am given.
Cold Stone was my first job at 15 years old and I was trusted to be the weekend manager. I learned a lot of responsibilities working here. The pay was not good but it was a great resume builder.
Pros
Promotion and Responsibility
Cons
Low wages
It is the worst job ever, so cheap and the place was falling apart and it smelled bad. The machines where they make icecream were rarely cleaned properly. No work ethics at all. The owner was extremely rude, no professionalism at all!!!!
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Working at Cold Stone was really fun for the most part - I loved my coworkers and the job is fairly easy. However, the owner is an absolute creep who is always on a power trip. He hires young, attractive women almost exclusively and then would either hit on us or yell at us just for kicks. If you are a young girl - STAY AWAY. If you're not, don't bother applying. You won't get hired.
Pros
Discounted ice cream, fun environment
Cons
Horrendous ownership
I can't express my true opinion in the language allowed. I've worked there for 7 months and saw three different managers and two owners. There was something shady going on.
Pros
Free meal
My time with Coldstone was horrible. The management was terrible, we wouldn't get paid overtime or any time we worked after 12 am. We never had enough workers or enough supplies, we always ran out of food for the customers and would always get complaints because the store smelled bad. We had fly problems and out technology was so ancient.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
no benefits, they didn't even take taxes out of our paychecks
Cold Stone was my first job. The job helped me transition into a hard worker. But at times it became really busy and I feel that the money did not match the work.
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Pay
This was the worst job I had ever had. The manager was somewhat rude; I would make a minor mistake and I was given attitude, even in scenarios where I was actually right. The people there were okay, talked a lot about outside of work scenarios, goofed off, did not care. I was rarely given shifts over people that had "seniority," this was also my fault for applying to an ice cream place in the winter (lol). I was not making any money but on the other hand, I had a lot of free time so that was cool.
A typical day at cold stone involves setting up the store,(frozen stone, ice cream, wet/dry mix ins, immediate cleaning) baking fresh waffles and brownies, ice cream production and ice cream cake/sandwich/cupcakes. Consistent friendly service to usually steady stream of customers. Helping with ordering of custom cakes and pies, and preparing for catering events. Management is poor from experience in last 4 years.Poor judgement on purchasing of products and extreme lack of progressing into a promotions/pay raises. Many things in store consistently need repairs or should be repaired and are not(freezer/fridge leaks, fridge broken, AC leakage etc.). There is an excess of bugs and flies, and mice & snakes in past(resolved). The culture of the job is relaxed customer service until the night, where a large groups walk in which brings the job to a more fast paced environment. Hardest part of the job is subjective. 90% of the employees are in high school and consistently need to call out or cannot work certain hours.The most enjoyable part of the job is the enjoyable camaraderie between employees and friendly customer interactions, as well as easy access to free ice cream products for employees.
Pros
Free ice cream/cakes
Cons
Little to no breaks, rarely any pay raises/promotions, management is poor and often rude/overbearing.
Current owner hires EXCLUSIVELY young females, provides no opportunities for job advancement. Most workers are melodramatic and cause issues. Pay starts at $8/hr but will randomly give people other wages based on past employment.
Pros
1 free icecream per shift, 50% off, 25% off cakes
Cons
Short breaks, short shifts, sketchy management.
At the location I work at everyone is amazing. Everyone is easy to get along with and so kind. My manager is the best manager anyone could really ask for. Easy scheduling
very fun coworkers, fun atmosphere. I learned how to decorate cakes here. Management was a bit annoying but overall very patient and friendly. Customers were the worst, however, sometimes they were really rude or stuck-up.
Pros
discounted ice-cream/ice-cream cakes
Cons
short breaks
The job is extremely easy but not all that fun. Most shifts you can eat any ice cream you want. The two years I was there the AC broke both summers and took forever to fix so we were working in 80 degree temperatures with a store full of customers. The owner/ manager is extremely passive aggressive and borderline rude. It is very obvious he has favorites. The assistant manager there is amazing and was one of the best people I've had the opportunity to work with.
Pros
Ice cream!
Cons
Rude owner
For a summer job it was very fun. I met a lot of people, got discounts on sweet treats, and got paid for it. The management was great especially during the training process.
It usually was slow, we did not get the best benefits and hours weren't the best. Working with my coworkers was amazing and there was a lot of cleaning that needed to be done
A bunch of people rush in and theres not enough employees to work quick enough to meet the customers needs and the manager poorly schedules you. I wouldnt recommend this job.
It's a fast-paced job, but also fun because it was at a baseball stadium. You will always have fun, not matter how bad your day is. The manager is very flexible and fair with everyone. The hardest part is trying to make the lines move as fast as possible because no one wants to miss the game.
Pros
Working with ice cream, but who doesn't like ice cream?
Cons
Not a set schedule.
fast pace fun working place to be. the people where very nice an very help in guiding me around the store and show me how thing work and why the work that way.
Pros
lost of ice cream
Cons
no free lunch
It's 1) hard to get a job there, 2) if you get an injury and you have to take time off, they won't like it. If you are sick, they won't like it. People there also gossip way too much. It's like working in a high school.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cold Stone Creamery. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight