Cold Stone Creamery Employee Reviews

Found 1,608 reviews matching the search See all 1,654 reviews
It was fun at first
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Woodruff, SCDecember 15, 2018
always working with happy family’s and kids was great at first then it started getting colder and people started becoming irritated much easier took away the fun honestly
Pros
fun laid back tips
Cons
minimum pay, no career advancement, no raise
Energetic
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 14, 2018
ColdStone Creamery was a fun place to work at. Making different creations for customers has to be the best part. This is a great entry level job for those in high school looking for a little extra money on the side.
Was a relatively laid back job
Staff (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 14, 2018
Laid back environment if everyone was working together
Did stock and inventory , made the ice cream for 3 seperate locations. Helped the manager open.
Nice coworkers. Great environment.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 13, 2018
It’s a very good job for high schoolers. The hours are flexible. And the work is not overly stressful. All employees treat each other with respect and kindness.
Not a great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 9, 2018
ColdStone Creamery would normally be a fun environment to work in, however, management runs things in a highly unorthodox and strange manner. The owner doesn't have much to do with anything, and the employees have not been adequately trained and have been left to figure things out on their own.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
poor management
Cold Stone
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CADecember 9, 2018
Cold Stone was a great first job while still attending high school. It was relaxed and had flexible shifts and I was able to work with amazing co workers.
Great employees and great customers
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLDecember 7, 2018
I absolutely loved working for Cold Stone. I loved going to work and working with my customers. It’s a great atmosphere for family fun with great music. The only down side is they swapped owners and now the employees are miserable. It’s hard to serve customers with a good attitude when we are getting dogged on by our boss constantly. He’s used very innapropate language about many employees and accuses us of stealing or sitting around all the time. I would always have many employees come to me telling me about the issues and unfortunately it just ended up with them leaving. Soon I couldn’t stand by and watch so I ended up putting in my two weeks then later resigned.
An okay starter job
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  KansasDecember 6, 2018
Only food service place I have worked, and it was fun for the time I was there. During slow times it was hard to stay busy, and the repeat customers were always the most fun to talk to and get to know.
Good experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2018
Pay was low but it was more about the experience I was able to gain while working here. Advance quickly if you work hard but employee moral tends to be low due low pay.
a place where kids and children alike can enjoy
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYDecember 3, 2018
Maintained a steady fast work flow throughout shift
Maintained cleanliness of entire establishment by following cleaning guidelines
Created a balanced form of communication between staff and supervisor to ensure the full potential of crew, while in charge of closing and opening shifts as well as providing inviting customer service
Used knowledge of microsoft excel and office to document and calculate daily flow of income within establishment, including sorting all documents to keep them in order
Initiated and assisted in online, in store, and phone orders
Maintained cooking and sanitary guidelines while creating custom and signature ice cream/waffle creations
work place culture was very open
hardest part was working with half melted ice cream when the machine was broken
most enjoyable part was having a fun and cordial staff and boss
Pros
free meals
Cons
long hours standing
Severe Lack of Hours / Incompetent Management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WADecember 2, 2018
I was working approx 8-10 hours per week and the manager was unwilling to compromise on increasing hours. Always running out of product - manager never ordered/delivered product to the store on time. This resulted in angry customers. That leads to the next point. You're dealing with some annoying customers who are pretty particular about their ice cream.
Pros
Employees are nice - easy & laid back job
Cons
Severe Lack of Hours / Incompetent Management
Worked closely with employees and owners
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 2, 2018
Crew members were usually college and high school students. I scheduled them around their classes and activities. Also loved them like my own. Helped make a wonderful work enviorment. Please no inquiries at Coldstone yet.
Pros
Wonderful owners
Productive work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 1, 2018
Coldstone Creamery is a high volume workplace, always packed with people. I enjoyed the free ice cream as an employee. In the summer its super packed and filled with super rude, annoying customers always trying to get free stuff.
Pros
Ice cream
Cons
Long lines
Fun workplace for students
Assistant Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 1, 2018
Cold Stone is a fun place to work as long as you don't mind being on your feet and moving for your entire shift. The atmosphere depends entirely on coworkers and management as well. High turnover at our franchise made us short staffed often, and employees were not well trained so the more senior employees had to pick up a lot of slack.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Late hours, low pay, lazy coworkers, high turnover
Good first job for high school students
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 29, 2018
In my opinion, Cold Stone was a very good first job that I was fortunate enough to get. Within this Moreno Valley location, the owner was very greedy and make me do shift leader responsibilities without giving me a pay raise and when talked about, he cut my hours yet still made me do these responsibilities. Other Cold Stone location might be different but would not recommend this one.
Fun Workplace
Shift Manager. Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 25, 2018
Everyday you get to make ice cream and sing songs. You get the opportunity to brighten someones day up.You make a very good amount of money and tips. It is a very easy and flexible job.
Amusing work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2018
Working at cold stone was very enjoyable. People loved watching us prepare there ice cream. The smile on there faces when we handed them that delicious goodness was prickly and definitely worth it !
Pros
Free ice cream
I scream for ice cream
Store Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2018
It was a really cool place to work when it was a corporate store, then this woman who won the lottery and had 0 business experience bought it as a franchise. She had no idea what she was doing.
Pros
Ice cream and candy
Cons
Turning into a franchise
i love working at Coldstone the crew is like a big family!
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VANovember 20, 2018
the crew at coldstone is great but most of all i love my manager she does so much that goes unrecognized. getting tips also is a big plus when working somewhere it makes you want to have great customer service which in the end ultimately benefits you and the company.
Pros
free ice cream every shift and tips
Cons
getting fat from ice cream
Cold Stone Review
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 20, 2018
Cold Stone is a great company to work for, especially at my store in particular because I am a college student, and I go away for school, and I was able to keep my position and come back to work during breaks and summer. However, the pay is not a desirable wage for the amount of work we are required to do.