Cole-Parmer Instrument Company Employee Reviews

Stressful environment
Global Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 18, 2018
Work culture was a very stressful environment. I worked at home almost every night, and any accomplishments went un noticed and not acknowledged. The good was the coworkers were supportive of each other.
Pros
good peers
Cons
worked at night all the time
Over worked under appreciated.
iSeries Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 23, 2018
Employees are over worked and under appreciated, no work life balance. Extreme Stress staff is reduced due to restructuring.
CEO states in Town Hall they made a billions dollars and just let 35 people go days before.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Too many takeovers unstable management
Nice place
Group Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 5, 2017
I enjoyed going to work. My direct manager was very smart and was a leader to the team. Honestly, I wish I never left the company. I didn't know how good I had it here.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Pay
Fun
Senior Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 24, 2017
Good place to at but some times lack of communication, but the employee are very polite and respectful helpful and enjoying working with on a everyday.
Pros
Fun sometimes
Cons
Short lunch
A place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 20, 2017
The company has been bought and sold twice in a very short period of time which has led to a great deal of instability. Efforts by management to grow the business organically have not come to fruition so M&A will persist.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low morale
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 18, 2017
Great opportunity. Best part is professional and friendly management. Very flexible schedule. There is alot to learn as wide range of product and work.
good atmosphere horrible communication
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 22, 2017
Opening packages shipped to our company. Using a rf scanner id scan said product and enter data into the w.m.s. to place on delivery cart. I learned how to run a w.m.s. system as well as data entry. Management was one sided in there decision making. The culture was pretty neutral. I enjoyed working with the employees the most.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits and poor communication
Casual environment
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 18, 2017
Process invoices for mail, post AR, post AP, keep track of customer credits/rebates. Print/email invoices to customers. Answer vendor inquiries. Cafeteria on site.
Cole Parmer
Shipping associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 16, 2017
I would receive packages from a shoot. Then proceed to open them and check them in to there proper locations using the w.m.s. My coworkers were pretty nice. The management seemed rushed and unsure of what they were doing. I enjoyed the coworkers the most. A lot of pretty down to earth people. I learned to not be like the management team there who rarely talked to you.
Pros
free lunches and good coworkers
Cons
bad management.
This is an amazing place to work.
Mechanical Engineer- Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILNovember 18, 2016
Great company, supportive management, progressive environment, flexible work arrangement, very accommodating to family time, great work/life balance, diverse teams.This is an amazing place to work.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lake Barrington, ILNovember 5, 2016
The work environment was relaxed and enjoyable. The people and on sight management were professional as well as personable. I was allowed to peruse my responsibilities as I saw fit with little oversight.
Pros
Good pay and compation
Cons
Only has 10% of produst market
fast-paced and productive area
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 27, 2016
I would pack supplies and ship out products. I would load supplies from up to 50 pounds for each box.
Good company but would not consider them to be an employer of choice
Former Finance Department Employee (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILOctober 9, 2015
Company is growing but their technology is not. There are lots of people with tenure there. Decent benefits. But like every company each year the employee contribution goes up. Located in a nice area. Facilities are clean.
Pros
Decent Benefits, Located in a nice area, Competative Pay
Cons
No work/life balance, systems are archaic, lack of appreciation for hard work
Recently purchased from Thermo Fisher by private equity
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILApril 18, 2015
Very busy, able to wear many hats, I am the site leader in Barrington IL. I work across all levels of the organization with 20 direct reports, 15 non-exempt.
Everyday Workplace
distribution specialist (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 1, 2015
Helpful co-workers, but management could be improved. Hardest part would be maintaining productivity as far as meeting self goals for the day, not a huge problem and can be accomplished by staying busy throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the job would be having my own packing station and concentrating on work.
Pros
Bonuses, company picnics.
Cons
Very, very hot in the summer time.
Productive place,cleanning and organized company.
Maintenance Helper/Cargo Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 27, 2015
This company it was a good place for work, friendly people, I trayed to do all the task require for the position. My supervisor was a great persons helping helping to everyone in our crew (MTNCE. GROUP ABOUT 7 MEMBERS). I enjoy making to do whith my co-workwer,
Pros
Company good Benefits, plan vaction, and employment advance
Cons
Company was SOLD TO A NEW CORPORATION.
Interesting job with multiple benifits
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILDecember 30, 2013
Overall this position was ideal. I enjoyed having the opportunity to work with clients across the United States. I was given the authority to make decisions that would benefit not only the customers, but also our own statistics. I was in charge of managing the work that our employees in India did in regards to web billing customers. I also ran weekly reports to give to our accounting department to show them the progress that was being made in billing clients as well as the government.
Pros
Great benifits, excellent salary
Cons
Not enough room for growth
Credit and collections were accounting issues were rectified. We had a great team.
Credit and Collection Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 5, 2013
. Review held orders and used D&B rating to release orders. If there was a poor rating or none, requested credit and bank references. Made every effort to release orders in a timely manor. In addtion, filling requests was main objective. This included proofs of delivery, filling out forms for payment, and getting credit references and giving them.

. I learned how to take the initiative to solve problems.

. Management was very fair.

. We were a good team and performed tasks in a timely manor.

.. Somedays the workload was huge. It was very important to prioritize.

. The enjoyable part was solving problems for the collectors and the customers. It was very satisfying.
Pros
The collectors were good company on and off the job. I made good relations within the company.
Cons
The workload was always demanding.
Good place to work, but had some challenges
DC Supervisor Receiving (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILNovember 7, 2012
Best part of job for me was that I enjoyed my co-workers. Worst part was some of the management were not forthcoming with information and there was always a manager asking who we were going to fire.
Pros
good rapport with my direct reports
Cons
management