Cole Haan Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Busy enviroment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Greenland, NHAugust 9, 2018
Very busy and competitive place to work. On the bright side you are always busy doing something you will never be bored. Lots of work and the staff are amazing. Fun and energetic ready to complete the days work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gretna, NEAugust 2, 2018
I worked at Cole Haan over the summer and it was the best part time job that I had. A typical day consisted of helping customers and organizing the store to maintain an organized appearance. The culture is good and management is very flexible with scheduling. Cole Haan also offers a great discount for their employees. The only downside is dealing with some difficult customers. Fortunately, most customers are respectful and welcome assistance with their shopping.
Pros
Great discount, flexible hours
Cons
Difficult customers
Not the worst, but defintely had better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 31, 2018
I wouldn't recommend Cole Haan to work at unless you are an ASM or a manager, you have no hours and never are able to work a normal 40 hour work week as a sales associate. No benefits if part time and not even any PTO. The managers and ASM's do nothing but talk their entire shift. They look at you and expect you to greet, talk to, and deal with every customer even if you are clearly doing a task they asked you to do or are busy helping another customer. They were not bad people, they were very intelligent about the company and had answers to most of my questions, but they like to talk to each other about random irrelevant non work-related things even if customers just walked in the door. If I was doing a task and they clearly were talking, they will immediately look at me as if I'm the only person that could greet them? While all three are 5 feet from the front door. The pay is horrible and the ASM's and manager are more worried about making money for the company, aka for them. Meaning, higher bonuses for the ASM's and manager. While I work hard for NO incentive, NO commission, and NO higher bonus. It all goes to them. I get nothing while they all talk and waste the day away doing what? Yet they get a larger bonus on top of their hourly rate or salary for meeting the goals that I, the sales associate, the one making the sales... doesn't?! How does this make sense? When the shoes cost $200 surely this company can afford to pay sales associates better if I don't even get commission and a low bonus every three months that's literally the price of ONE of their shoes. I am not about  more... to work hard to try and sell a $200 shoe for the company if I don't even get anything out of it. Also, they say you get a "free shoe" when you first start and then once every 6 months. Keep an eye on your paycheck because they actually tax the shoe out every paycheck. They also like to take out money for random stuff...even the manager wasn't sure what it was for when I asked. Also, I got ripped off when trying to transfer when I was moving. So have a back-up plan. Luckily I was going to find a new job once I moved and had already been looking; I just wanted a transfer so in the meantime I had some money coming in.

If you are in high school I would recommend a job like this, but as someone who is in college or isn't and needs to make a little more cash, there are plenty more options. This is my first retail job and I am never working retail again. Now I see why they're always hiring.
Cons
short breaks, short shifts, no benefits
Fun Working Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2018
For the most part working with Cole Haan was great. Of course they had their up and downs there, but that's pretty much everywhere you go. I really enjoyed being there, the staff was always welcoming and outgoing. The work was never too overwhelming and you always had a one of the team members to help you out. It's a good first job but I couldn't see myself doing retail for much longer. I wanted to be able to experience other fields of work before I get any older.
Pros
Discount on shoes, product was easy to sell, and staff was very laid back.
Cons
Staff was laid back, short breaks, and management team doesn't always treat the associates fairly.
High-end retail company that provides reliable, fashionable products.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 22, 2018
The sales position is fully commission, which means employees are on a draw. If you do not continue to sell, you can have a monster pay period and then lose money by paying it back during the next. The liberal return policy doesn’t help matters much at all. A 14-21 day period should be enough, and would provide more stability for associates. Also, assistants are barely paid more than associates, and their pay structure encourages them to compete with with the same employees they are tasked with training. This creates a cutthroat Commission environment, and many times the cutting is done by a manager who will manipulate the situation tobhis ir her advantage - such as by sending an associate to cashier or put away shoes, while he ir she racks up commissions.
Pros
Undeniably great merchandise that is easy to sell.
Cons
Cutthroat sakes environment fueled by poor pay structure, poor benefits, few perks, little opportunity for advancement.
Fun place to work but not suitable to work and live
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 19, 2018
Cole Haan was a good place to work as a part time to help pay some bills and such during college but outside of that it can't sustain a normal living in New york.
Pros
Good enviorment
productive and professional lifestyle
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 8, 2018
Working for Cole Haan meant making sure you created a lifestyle for every client. Each shoe has a story to tell and gives people a chance to show who they are. I learned about different materials and how technology for shoes are. I managed a team and took on the role of a manager. The hardest part was transitioning from associate to a manager. The most enjoyable part was the people that i met working there such as the staff and clients.
Pros
benefits, flexible hours, 401k
Cons
promotions, work enviornment
Cole Haan
Level Coordinator in January (Former Employee) –  Greenland, NHJune 18, 2018
Customer Service, working with outside vendors, Moderating phones, Coordinating & Scheduling Meetings, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Isaac-Q, distributing mail, learning to support calendars, reserving conference rooms, Other duties as assigned. Learning ID Works and other software like SharePoint and InfoPath.
Positive and Chill Work Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJune 18, 2018
A positive and relaxed work environment. Everyone was helpful and management staff was kind and understanding. Although you are always on your feet, the shifts go by pretty quickly. Pay is around minimum wage, but there are quarterly bonuses.
Stock Associate
STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 11, 2018
It was fun because we were the number 1 store, but bad because the store was so small. Then management started leaving, and things became a bit unorganized with the new managers so I left for a better opportunity.
Good learning experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 10, 2018
I thought it was a good working experience and it helped me learn more about making sales to people directly. I also found that the more you know about the company the better.
Productive & genuine work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 30, 2018
· Delegating effectively with customers
· Providing product knowledge
· Maintaining monthly and weekly sales goals
· Handling from $400-$1000 in cash with managers at closing hours
I learned alot and have grown as a sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 23, 2018
I enjoyed my position, only wish I would have been given more hours. Management was always friendly and very professional. My fellow employees were oh so nice and I loved working with them. I loved working in the coal hot environment I felt it to be very organized clean and professional.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Limited hours
Fun and welcoming work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 15, 2018
Great work environment, really nice people to work with just sometimes felt understaffed due to the lack of a third manager and some employees leaving the store.
Good Company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 4, 2018
Our team was awesome, we hardly had anyone quit because we created a great atmosphere. Store manager was fair and fun. Not only was he great, but the District manager was wonderful. Benefits were great. Hardest part was when floorsets called for shoes to be switched, hard on my knees. Everything else was good.
Pros
Great employee discount, Great benefits
Professional, and stylish place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NC 27302May 3, 2018
It was a professional productive and stylish place to work. I enjoyed being able to express my personality through your work attire as well as advertising what was being sold.
Great job experience over all. Im greatfull for the opprtunity and experience abtained from my employment
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAMay 3, 2018
Colehann waa my fist high end footwear store that i managed and it was a great experiwnce. I learned first hand on the art of measuring a customers show size in order to suggest the right shoe. This experience was completely new to me and a great addition to my knowledge. I am trully lucky for the opportunity
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hard to take a break when busy
Pretty great envirnoment with tons of perks
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2018
Cole haan was a exciting place to worl for at the time . i Learned alot from that environment and it helped me be who i am today . The environment was pretty great and awesome
Pros
awesome discounts on merchandise
Cons
not enough compensation
Great place to work and build skill
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 29, 2018
There has been plenty of opportunity to learn and grow here, with wonderful coworkers always supporting each other in sales, growth, and reaching goals together as a team.
Productive in sales daily. I have learned so much from working for this company.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 26, 2018
A typical day at work is a lot of fun. I love meeting new people and getting that instant connection with them. I learned so many different skills and my manager’s were always eager to help me when needed. We have a really good team and I love team work. I’m competitive so I always tried to exceed my daily goals.
Cons
No benefits