Cole Haan Employee Reviews

I Hated Cole Haan
Assistant Visual Merchandising & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 20, 2019
I hated Cole Haan because I was severely underpaid for the work and hours that I put into beautifying, selling and turning my store into one of the most profitable in the district!

Know your worth!
Always work to be done with little incentive at the management level and zero advancaement opportunity from higher-ups
Visual merchandising/floor layout (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAMay 15, 2019
I spent almost 2 years with Cole Haan as an assistant store manager working full time. The pay is okay, but not nearly enough for the amount of work they put on you. The atmosphere can be fun depending on the environment you create with your team and your customers. You do receive benefits (which come from United Healthcare and are barely better than having no insurance at all) and a fairly generous employee discount. This is about as good as it gets. There is little to no room to move up unless your store manager leaves, and even then the district managers and their managers rarely ever pull from the people they already have and end up hiring outside of the company and finding someone that flops a few months down the road and so on. I was passed up on several promotion opportunities because of this which ultimately led to me leaving. I spent 7 years in retail, and will likely never go back after my final experience with Cole Haan. Retail does not care about you, you are simply there to make money for the big wigs above you.
Pros
Cheap shoes, decent pay, flexible scheduling
Cons
No advancement, poor management
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 9, 2019
Working for cole haan was awsome I enjoyed going to work I worked part time but received a full time paycheck. My manager was amazing still till this day I was I was still working in brickell.
Great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 30, 2019
Cole haan was a great company to work for.. The company taught me a lot about business and how to manage a business productively.. I learned a lot working with the company.
Just ok
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2019
Fun place to work if your a good seller not really flexible if you can’t work weekends. And ridiculous rules about not being able to leave the store during your breaks to grab a coffee.
Pros
Good discount
Workplace
Sales Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 19, 2019
When you walk in you know you can not keep associate wanting to help you, that is the culture we provided, the best treatment and proper style to go with outfits. Style and comfort is key in Cole Haan.
Pros
Discounts, Bonus
Cons
low pay, lack of opportunity
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2019
Really fun coworkers and managers, the work day is great but It can be hard to get customers to buy the expensive shoes. You start with 1% commission.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 10, 2019
Local management at the time I worked there was great. I enjoyed the place and felt it was a productive, welcome place to work. The store was busy which made days feel quicker.
Cole Haan
Sr Womens Inline/Collection Outerwear Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2019
Great team to work along side, with room for creative freedom.
This was a design position with lots of product development.
Worked closely with Design Director, Sales Team, Creative Director, and Production, to carry out all design and all sampling within deadline.
Conducted design meetings with Sales and Creative Director.
Presented new collections to Sales Team.
Worked closely with oversees factories and production team for sample development.
Sourced fabrics and trims.
Worked closely with Tech Designer and Design Director to conduct fittings for production.
Pros
Great team. Design freedom.
high end retail
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Its retail so you get retail hours and holidays. Can be long days. If you like the retail environment you would like Cole Haan. Great Products and fun staff.
Pros
sales
Cons
retail
okay company to work for
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 15, 2019
a good place to start, however, management of the company was lacking at times as the store manager position changed quite often, creating a somewhat unstable workplace.
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 13, 2019
I loved every minute of working here. We were a small family that came together to get a job done on a daily basis. At the time, the company was owned by Nike. Now they have gotten back to their natural state with a slight touch from Nike. This is a great company to work for if you are a college student.
Pros
The flexibility in schedule and people you worked with
Cons
Not enough locations
Work was fun and in a positive environment
Asistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJanuary 10, 2019
I enjoyed being able to work my way from seasonal help to a full time manager. It is very nice to see a company promote from within. I enjoyed the fast paced work.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
There was a lack of holidays and weekends off.
Disgusting place to be involved with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockefeller centre NYJanuary 8, 2019
This place runs as " summer camp/ mid school " environment
Be prepared to be treated likewise
Management is awful, no communication at all just clear favoritism. No progress or professionalism what so ever
Pros
Cons
Much
Productive fun work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Freeport, MEJanuary 3, 2019
A typical work day as an assistant store manager includes setting tills, checking email and staffing appropriately. When checking email we always look to make sure we have completed the daily tasks. In my role I am in charge of floor set. So I am constantly making sure that the store is put together and that new product is set for the monthly visual. We also receive shipment so putting out stock is also part of the daily tasks. The workplace is very calming and inviting. We invite everyone to have there own unique professional style. Management is eager to teach and set up there employees for success. It overall is a great company to work for. The benefits to working for Cole Haan are endless.
Great Core Values and Management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 26, 2018
Cole Haan upholds it's core values in all aspects of business- hiring decisions, training, daily work. The management is excellent. The Store Manager focuses on exceeding expectations and developing employees.
Pros
Great environment, great management, employee perks/discounts
Cons
work hours, schedule, pay
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 12, 2018
My location did not have the best management staff. Over time, I became one of the top sales associates and I have to thank one of the previous managers for guiding me in the beginning when I first started.
N/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 29, 2018
It was a great experience to work for the brand. the coworkers were great as well as the managing staff. I would say that if any one wanted to grow as a sales associate, this is the place to start.
Fun work place with amazing people!
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 7, 2018
Number one priority is customer service. Achieving the sales we need and our goal for the day, week, and quarter. Requirement is standing up all day, communicating and being a big help.
Sent home if slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Napa CANovember 3, 2018
F2f with customers help advance people skills.
Short breaks/ micromanaged.
Push the product .performance stats rule.
No real training.Sink or swim.
Pros
New shoes @ 6 month intervals
Cons
No solidarity