Coleman Professional Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Help people better themselves, but can be high stress
House Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHJune 20, 2018
You work directly with people who have mental disorders, most commonly are psychotic disorders and schizophrenia. Most days you feel as if you have a positive impact on their lives, and other's can be very stressful and not seem positive at all. Management is wonderful and coworkers seem to work together and support each other. The hardest part of the job is adapting to dealing with the clients.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
High stress
Diverse clientele served with a collaborative approach.
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 17, 2018
Coleman is a great place to work and provides opportunity for advancement. The areas for improvement include wages and being understaffed. The CEO is based in Kent, OH, so decisions made about the company are not always best for this community.
Managment issues
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 25, 2018
Support staff was friendly but management was not. Difficulty with establishing what job tasks were because of lack of management. Therapists are very busy.
Collaborative environment
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHApril 12, 2018
Coleman pursues a mission that works to help the individual obtain independence and a healthy balanced life. This mission is obtained through collaborative work on the part of the staff.
challenging
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working with the patients in the crisis unit. At times it was a challenge but the reward of seeing a patient succeed using coping skills obtained while in patient was well worth the struggles
Pros
realxed at times
Cons
hectic at times
Good organization
Case Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHFebruary 11, 2018
Coleman does so work for people who struggle with behavioral issues. I believe they are in 7 or 8 counties in Ohio now. I would love to work here again.
Relaxed atmosphere
Data Processing Analyst/Verifier (Current Employee) –  Lakemore, OHJanuary 21, 2018
I do not have an opinion at this time, other than it is a relaxed atmosphere that I really enjoy, pay compensation could be better than it is however, and better communication between workers and Management
Amazing Agency to Intern For
CLINICAL SOCIAL WORK INTERN (Former Employee) –  Barberton, OHJanuary 3, 2018
My personal experience was able to further advance my own clinical skills and further learn more within the field and its opportunities. Everyone was kind and helpful, even the CEO was willing to speak with you. Great work culture (from my perspective) and it felt like a family. They further give free CEUs and trainings, which is a rare find. Amazing agency to intern for as your skills and knowledge will grow vastly.
Poorly managed mental health clinic
MD (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHDecember 29, 2017
I was hired to do contract work for Coleman. From the start they were poorly managed and my schedule wasn’t full. They had a large staff turnover in all areas. I felt committed to the population they serve and agreed to many changes including cutting my hours, decreasing my appointment times etc. In the end they decided they could no longer pay the hourly rate they agreed to and gave me 30 day’s notice right before the holidays. I would not recommend this place for anyone no matter what field you are in.
Pros
Not really any
Cons
Poor management, large staff turnover
Good company
Mental Health LPN (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 19, 2017
Very good company to work for. This company strives for mental health awareness in the surrounding community. Many people have benefited from this company.
Interniship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 11, 2017
While at Coleman I learned a lot about substance misuse and mental health. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I was able to work at my own pace and independently, with weekly supervision.
Would not recommend Coleman Professional Services
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 25, 2017
Coleman is not the place to work. I was told after I was discharged that Coleman did not have a legitimate reason to discharge me. This came from an government agency.
Good place to work and cares about the community
Vice President Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHOctober 1, 2017
Good place to work and a visionary organization.
Leaders of the industry.
In 8 counties in Ohio.
Good at strategic planning for the organizations growth and mission.
Great place to work and staff was friendly and helpful.
Payee Specialist (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHAugust 22, 2017
Coleman's was a fast paced job, but people truly cared about the clients and worked hard to help them any way possible. Coleman's provided mental health counseling, therapy, case management, and payee services. My days would be scheduling rent for the 1st of the month, electric, cable, phone, personal needs, etc. I made budgets for the clients showing their bill amounts, and whatever money they had left over, was divided for personal needs into 4 or 5 weeks of the month; depending on how many weeks in the month.I had to collect receipts from each client every week so show what they were spending their money on. I loved this job because everyone treated each other equally. The directors truly cared about the clients and staff.
Pros
They had incentives where you could earn gift cards.
Cons
Expensive health care
excellent
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 20, 2017
very professional led organization who cares about their staff and patients. Pleasant work environment with room for advancement. Longstanding and established organization within the community
fun place
SUD case manager/ drug court liason (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 21, 2017
Pay is awful. The place is great starting place fresh out of college.
My current manager is awesome and has taught me so much, but I need much better pay...they are not even comparable to other places salary wise.
Miscommunication
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 21, 2017
I feel I wasn't treated fairly and there was alot of miss communication and I was let go without explanation..I had a lot of emails and text messages to back up my evidence
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Miss communcation
Not a good place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 15, 2017
This place is not client focused, a large majority of the staff talk down about and to the clients. Management is fully aware and does nothing about it. I've had numerous complaints from clients about staff being rude. If the staff are not gossiping about a client, they are talking about each other. I do have to say not everyone is rude, the social workers are great and caring. Schedule is crazy, work 6 days straight with one day off, after putting in 52+ hours.
Pros
Love the clients
Cons
No breaks, low pay, work 6 days straight
Caring people - people who need care
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHMay 12, 2017
My work was in the summer youth program and hence did not take place in Coleman offices but in various employer locations. The Coleman staff provided me information, support and assistance with report preparation, explanation of rules and regulations and so on with tremendous skill and a strong desire to help. These are caring people, totally invested in providing assistance to Ohio residents in need of care. Part of Coleman's pursuit of that goal is to fully equip and support the folks who work for them. I highly recommend Coleman as a concerned and considerate employer that provides worthwhile services to the public.
Adult Guardianship
Adult Guardian (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMay 9, 2017
The group homes appreciate that I do not treat the clients as a money maker; I am more personable and less bureaucratic. Another accomplishment is that the Probate Court, attorneys’, and other community agencies are aware of the high quality service I provide through the guardianship program.
Pros
Dedicated employees, autonomy
Cons
Daily technology setbacks, slow recruiting process