Coleman Professional Services Employee Reviews

Awful!
Business staff (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 20, 2018
This is without a doubt the worst company I ever worked for. Supervisor didn't know my job so she was completely useless if I needed help and the benefits are horrible. The health insurance, if you even want to call it that is useless and a waste of money. It is a high deductible medical savings account and you pay 100% out of pocket until your deductible is met which is 8000.00 for a family. Good luck if you have monthly prescriptions. The management is horrid. Stay away unless you are desperate.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay. Awful benefits, terrible environment
Company has good/focused leadership and is mission driven
Chief Corporate Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHOctober 14, 2018
Position was loosely created and required energy spent in multiple service directions between marketing and operations. Gained enhanced employee management experience. Leadership was mission focused which created a positive workplace culture.
Overworked and under-appreciated
Qualified Mental Health Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHOctober 10, 2018
I was a case manager. Overloaded case loads, expectation for employees to work overtime and cover others. Poor management team and HR team. Very stressful work environment with no opportunity for advancement. Very low job satisfaction.
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
Poor management, overworked employees, unrealistic expectations of employees.
Administrative Assistant to Sr. Clinical Operations Officer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHOctober 2, 2018
Provided guidance of support staff on an intermittent basis; tracked income and expenses; reconciled billing statements, created spreadsheets for budgetary needs; compiled and analyzed statistical information for internal quarterly/annual reports; scheduled and arranged meetings
Expectation to work many different roles
Operations (Current Employee) –  SeveralSeptember 17, 2018
The company hires you on in a job but then expects you to perform many others with no remorse only recourse for not being able to complete assignments
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay, Inability to perform your positional duties
Na
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage County, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Make your own schedule of appointments which is nice, but communications between departments lack at times. Co-workers are supportive and assist each other as needed.
Outpatient Therapist
OUTPATIENT THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 13, 2018
Conducted client intake, assessment, and counseling for caseload of 60-70 adult clients diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness as well as other risk factors including homelessness, unemployment, and substance use/abuse.
Bad!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Canton ohioAugust 12, 2018
Coleman is absolutly the worst company you could ever work for! The pay is super low for what you have to do! Managment is terrible! They get mad at you and treat you like garbage if you cant pick up shifts for other people. They literally are the worst! If you decide to work here you will want to quit soon after!
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Managment, pay, coworkers
The good & bad
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHAugust 8, 2018
The mission of the company is great. What they do for the community is good too. But if it weren't for the good employees, there wouldn't be a company. Management would have already run it into the ground. I've seen the good & the bad here.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, good mission
Cons
Minimum pay raises, bad management
Absolute worst company I have ever worked for.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Summit County, OHAugust 7, 2018
Coleman purchased our facility and turned the place upside down. Had absolutely no idea what was going on, did not train staff on EHR yet expected us to continue working as if nothing happened( with a 6 hour notice). Refused to bring us up to their wages ( LPNs made 16 per hour). Interim CEO was very rude and snarky too me when I couldn't cover a shift with less than 20 minute notice. Made the work environment so toxic 7 people walked out within 48 hours. If you have any self respect, don't work for them!
Pros
Cons
Coworkers, Pay, Benefits, Status, Management, Building
Great mission for the community
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJuly 14, 2018
I worked at Coleman as a therapist. I appreciate the mission of the agency and most really do care about the client's care. Management was good until COO left and things have gone downhill since then. At this time there is poor management. Agency has always had poor communication between services. If they hire a good supervisor for the therapists and a knowledgeable COO it is a pretty good place to work.
Pros
Competitive pay, great clients
Cons
Lack of leadership and communication within the agency.
Help people better themselves, but can be high stress
House Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHJune 20, 2018
You work directly with people who have mental disorders, most commonly are psychotic disorders and schizophrenia. Most days you feel as if you have a positive impact on their lives, and other's can be very stressful and not seem positive at all. Management is wonderful and coworkers seem to work together and support each other. The hardest part of the job is adapting to dealing with the clients.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
High stress
Diverse clientele served with a collaborative approach.
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 17, 2018
Coleman is a great place to work and provides opportunity for advancement. The areas for improvement include wages and being understaffed. The CEO is based in Kent, OH, so decisions made about the company are not always best for this community.
Managment issues
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 25, 2018
Support staff was friendly but management was not. Difficulty with establishing what job tasks were because of lack of management. Therapists are very busy.
Collaborative environment
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHApril 12, 2018
Coleman pursues a mission that works to help the individual obtain independence and a healthy balanced life. This mission is obtained through collaborative work on the part of the staff.
challenging
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working with the patients in the crisis unit. At times it was a challenge but the reward of seeing a patient succeed using coping skills obtained while in patient was well worth the struggles
Pros
realxed at times
Cons
hectic at times
Good organization
Case Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHFebruary 11, 2018
Coleman does so work for people who struggle with behavioral issues. I believe they are in 7 or 8 counties in Ohio now. I would love to work here again.
Relaxed atmosphere
Data Processing Analyst/Verifier (Current Employee) –  Lakemore, OHJanuary 21, 2018
I do not have an opinion at this time, other than it is a relaxed atmosphere that I really enjoy, pay compensation could be better than it is however, and better communication between workers and Management
Amazing Agency to Intern For
CLINICAL SOCIAL WORK INTERN (Former Employee) –  Barberton, OHJanuary 3, 2018
My personal experience was able to further advance my own clinical skills and further learn more within the field and its opportunities. Everyone was kind and helpful, even the CEO was willing to speak with you. Great work culture (from my perspective) and it felt like a family. They further give free CEUs and trainings, which is a rare find. Amazing agency to intern for as your skills and knowledge will grow vastly.
Poorly managed mental health clinic
MD (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHDecember 29, 2017
I was hired to do contract work for Coleman. From the start they were poorly managed and my schedule wasn’t full. They had a large staff turnover in all areas. I felt committed to the population they serve and agreed to many changes including cutting my hours, decreasing my appointment times etc. In the end they decided they could no longer pay the hourly rate they agreed to and gave me 30 day’s notice right before the holidays. I would not recommend this place for anyone no matter what field you are in.
Pros
Not really any
Cons
Poor management, large staff turnover