Coleman Professional Services Employee Reviews

Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHFebruary 10, 2019
I love working for Coleman! The team you work with is aweome and supportive! You get a company car to share but mainly are required to use your own, otherwise awesome
Pros
Awesome supervisors
Cons
Bad gas mileage reimbursement
Great Place to Gain Experience or Start A Career
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHJanuary 22, 2019
Coleman is a very welcoming company that is growing larger every day! It is a great place to gain experience if you are new to the field. Management is stretched too thin the higher up you go.
I loved Coleman Professional Services
Employment Specialist /Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJanuary 15, 2019
I loved everything about the job! The only reason I left was because my husband was in the military and we had to move away. Coleman was a very friendly place. Everyone got along, had good hearts, and made your day better. My supervisor was amazing, she had a lot of trust and faith in us. Sometimes we got to work from home depending on our work load. Paid time off and holidays, LOVED it all and wish I was still working there today!
Pros
Good pay, Good Supervisor, Paid time off, weekends off, trust
Cons
there was none
Great Company
Housing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kent, OhioJanuary 4, 2019
Coleman is a great place to work and offers training, team work, great managers, but not a lot of advancement for those with education lower than a Master's. Medical benefits have a high deductible, but the company offers education reimbursement and discounts on shoes, and gym memberships. Paid time off and sick days also rotates workers, every other weekend.

I really enjoy being being part of this team.
Pros
Great management, training
Cons
Medical/dental benefits, and a lot of work responsibility, low pay entry level.
Ehh
Full Time, Mental Health Prescreener (Current Employee) –  Ravenna, OHNovember 8, 2018
Great job for individuals new to the field of mental health. Benefits package is pretty good for a recently graduated college student. Disconnect between management and service providers.
Awful!
Business staff (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 20, 2018
This is without a doubt the worst company I ever worked for. Supervisor didn't know my job so she was completely useless if I needed help and the benefits are horrible. The health insurance, if you even want to call it that is useless and a waste of money. It is a high deductible medical savings account and you pay 100% out of pocket until your deductible is met which is 8000.00 for a family. Good luck if you have monthly prescriptions. The management is horrid. Stay away unless you are desperate.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay. Awful benefits, terrible environment
Company has good/focused leadership and is mission driven
Chief Corporate Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHOctober 14, 2018
Position was loosely created and required energy spent in multiple service directions between marketing and operations. Gained enhanced employee management experience. Leadership was mission focused which created a positive workplace culture.
Overworked and under-appreciated
Qualified Mental Health Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHOctober 10, 2018
I was a case manager. Overloaded case loads, expectation for employees to work overtime and cover others. Poor management team and HR team. Very stressful work environment with no opportunity for advancement. Very low job satisfaction.
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
Poor management, overworked employees, unrealistic expectations of employees.
Administrative Assistant to Sr. Clinical Operations Officer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHOctober 2, 2018
Provided guidance of support staff on an intermittent basis; tracked income and expenses; reconciled billing statements, created spreadsheets for budgetary needs; compiled and analyzed statistical information for internal quarterly/annual reports; scheduled and arranged meetings
Expectation to work many different roles
Operations (Current Employee) –  SeveralSeptember 17, 2018
The company hires you on in a job but then expects you to perform many others with no remorse only recourse for not being able to complete assignments
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay, Inability to perform your positional duties
Na
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage County, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Make your own schedule of appointments which is nice, but communications between departments lack at times. Co-workers are supportive and assist each other as needed.
Outpatient Therapist
OUTPATIENT THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 13, 2018
Conducted client intake, assessment, and counseling for caseload of 60-70 adult clients diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness as well as other risk factors including homelessness, unemployment, and substance use/abuse.
Bad!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Canton ohioAugust 12, 2018
Coleman is absolutly the worst company you could ever work for! The pay is super low for what you have to do! Managment is terrible! They get mad at you and treat you like garbage if you cant pick up shifts for other people. They literally are the worst! If you decide to work here you will want to quit soon after!
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Managment, pay, coworkers
The good & bad
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHAugust 8, 2018
The mission of the company is great. What they do for the community is good too. But if it weren't for the good employees, there wouldn't be a company. Management would have already run it into the ground. I've seen the good & the bad here.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, good mission
Cons
Minimum pay raises, bad management
Absolute worst company I have ever worked for.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Summit County, OHAugust 7, 2018
Coleman purchased our facility and turned the place upside down. Had absolutely no idea what was going on, did not train staff on EHR yet expected us to continue working as if nothing happened( with a 6 hour notice). Refused to bring us up to their wages ( LPNs made 16 per hour). Interim CEO was very rude and snarky too me when I couldn't cover a shift with less than 20 minute notice. Made the work environment so toxic 7 people walked out within 48 hours. If you have any self respect, don't work for them!
Pros
Cons
Coworkers, Pay, Benefits, Status, Management, Building
Great mission for the community
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJuly 14, 2018
I worked at Coleman as a therapist. I appreciate the mission of the agency and most really do care about the client's care. Management was good until COO left and things have gone downhill since then. At this time there is poor management. Agency has always had poor communication between services. If they hire a good supervisor for the therapists and a knowledgeable COO it is a pretty good place to work.
Pros
Competitive pay, great clients
Cons
Lack of leadership and communication within the agency.
Help people better themselves, but can be high stress
House Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHJune 20, 2018
You work directly with people who have mental disorders, most commonly are psychotic disorders and schizophrenia. Most days you feel as if you have a positive impact on their lives, and other's can be very stressful and not seem positive at all. Management is wonderful and coworkers seem to work together and support each other. The hardest part of the job is adapting to dealing with the clients.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
High stress
Diverse clientele served with a collaborative approach.
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 17, 2018
Coleman is a great place to work and provides opportunity for advancement. The areas for improvement include wages and being understaffed. The CEO is based in Kent, OH, so decisions made about the company are not always best for this community.
Managment issues
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 25, 2018
Support staff was friendly but management was not. Difficulty with establishing what job tasks were because of lack of management. Therapists are very busy.
Collaborative environment
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHApril 12, 2018
Coleman pursues a mission that works to help the individual obtain independence and a healthy balanced life. This mission is obtained through collaborative work on the part of the staff.