Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

Found 366 reviews matching the search See all 1,603 reviews
Happy place to work but not my thing
Marketing Trainee (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo, DNOctober 10, 2018
It was a really proactive environment to work for, the most enjoyable part was the desire to make you learn from the managers, but unluckily, I wasn't really the opportunity I was looking for.
What I learned
Senior Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
I learned a lot while at Colgate. I learned all about NetWare and Servers and routers and communication tools, Lotus Notes Administrative, introduced to SAP, because SME for SAP security.
Pros
Cons
They were going to shut down my location an d move IT positions to New Jersey.
Good
Operations Technician II (Former Employee) –  Hodges, SCOctober 5, 2018
12 hours are rough at times but my co-workers are amazing to work with. You're constantly challenge with work and making product for the people to use.
Very happy to arrive in a building every morning!
Early Research Oral Care Intern (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJOctober 2, 2018
It is a very friendly and collaborative experience working there. You get to meet brilliant workers and participate in innovative research. It is a perfect job for any interns seeking a work.
Great Company, Sluggish Stocks Could Mean Layoffs
Education Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 28, 2018
This company is a great place for people under age 40 to progress in their career. Stock prices have been slowly declining resulting in recent layoffs of more senior employees however. Overall I enjoyed working for this company and felt it's benefit package (PPO) was outstanding and there are no better dental benefits offered anywhere-unbelievable coverage! If a job is available, apply. It's a good place to build relevant skill sets and advance one's career.
Pros
Benefits, flexible time, travel, build relevant skill sets
Cons
layoffs, poor stock prices, siloed management
Going through a rough phase
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
Great company in the past. Going through a rough period during the last few years of restructuring. Hopefully at some point restructuring will be over and company will be able to focus on growth again.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Declining business and advancement opportunities
Great job!
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Hodges, SCSeptember 26, 2018
Great job, loved it but I had got sick and I found another job. I was sick just about everyday and didn't know what was wrong, thought it was the job but it wasn't.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
CP Greenwood
Operations Technician I (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 24, 2018
Great place to work but the culture is not where it should be due to several factors. To begin with, people are not held accountable for their actions. The performance enhancement process is not designed to spark engagement or to rid the bad apples. Colgate-Palmolive believes in coaching and feedback to fix wayward employees but it doesn't work. As a result, people get away with whatever they want to do and nothing happens. Employees are constantly on their phones, not adhering to minimum safe behaviors (such as wearing PPE), excessive breaks, stealing time, and they treat contractors (LandAir, Holman, and RL Associates) terrible. Overall, this is a great place to work if the management would hold people accountable for their actions. Keep in mind that every job will have its ups and downs but I feel like this place has a much higher potential than what they are demonstrating.
Benefits
Cons
great place to work said that it closed.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, IN 47130September 23, 2018
it was a good place to work,most of the people was fun to work with, we put in a lot of hours together. we were a close nit group of people working there, management was good until the last year or so then they started to move people around and things started to change. hardest thing about the job was the long hours,most enjoyable was most of the people.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
it had to close.
Very hands on
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2018
You can’t be scared of heights and u gotta be on point at all times when u on the site. Always be alert, and alway watch what ur co workers are doing for safety reasons.. make sure u always check ur equipment before u start working
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very dangerous
Level 16 people are protected
Research (Former Employee) –  PiscatawaySeptember 20, 2018
people can speak to you however they want in management and above. It’s all legal so don’t bother with the HR ethics route. Mean girl from Highschool is acceptable. You are an at will employee so race , age, sex, religion has to be part of the harassment. Bullying is totally ok !!!
Pros
The new day care looks nice
Cons
Bullying acceptable, Mean girl management still there, Good luck, termination for going to HR
Best Place to work
Sr. Chemist / Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJ 07962September 16, 2018
It is a multi-cultural work place. The company provides lots of benefits to employees. It is a good place to learn new things. Lots of opportunities for growth.
Structured corporate
Global Sales Education Leader (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 14, 2018
Slow to react to competitive influences. Very conservative company, which is not always bad, yet can get in the way of decisions or holding up decisions.
Great People and Company
Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
I loved the culture of the company, its purpose, and the people I work with. The internship program is very well designed and managed, and interns are treated well and respected.
Colgate Palmolive as a contractor
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJSeptember 8, 2018
I worked a contract position at Colgate Palmolive as a contractor in the Analytical group.

The work was really hands on and highly customer based. It really bought this introvert out of her comfort zone to interact with customers on a daily basis.
El Mejor lugar para trabajar
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  ColombaAugust 27, 2018
excelente lugar para trabajar
los mejores beneficios
Nice temp assignment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2018
Great opportunity learning logistics while temporarily employed at this location. I learned a great deal about inventory --pallets --dispatching drivers and filling orders.
I would recommend this job to anyone.
Temporary Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHAugust 16, 2018
It's a fast pace job and you have to be quick with your eyes to spot defective materials and you have to report the defect in a timely manner to the line boss and quality control, other than that every one was nice and the pay was good.
Great Benefits
Virtual Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
Company offered very competitive benefits. Work environment vary by location. Opportunities diminished for promotion as consolidation became a critical part of the re organization
very businesslike
Planner / Analyst / Shipping Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 14, 2018
Decided to leave when my superior asked "What have you done for me lately?" during an annual evaluation. Left about two months later. Went to work for Michelin Tire.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight