Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Found 347 reviews matching the search See all 1,554 reviews
very businesslike
Planner / Analyst / Shipping Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 14, 2018
Decided to leave when my superior asked "What have you done for me lately?" during an annual evaluation. Left about two months later. Went to work for Michelin Tire.
Great benefits! Terrible Managenment! No Advancment!
Raw Tech II (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSAugust 13, 2018
Been with this company for over 5 years. I have a degree which is something that this company lives by as far as advancement. I and several other over qualified technicians have put in for advancment and management roles and all have received the same "speech" from upper management. If you work for this company with passion and accuracy you will NEVER get ahead or move up. If you do your job and do it well they will hold you back for fear that things won't get done or will be done the wrong way. There is no accountability for wrong doings or just flat out not doing your job. If you are lazy and want a for sure job with little to no potential to get fired or move up, this company is the company for you!
Pros
Benefits and company stocks. 40 hour work week. Paid vacation.
Cons
Management is awful! No advancement. No accountability. Stuck on one shift for years at a time.
Conservative atmosphere with demanding workloads
Global Design Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Management is out of touch with the demands and those delivering for the business are not supported with structure to empower the employees.

The workplace culture has evolved to an extremely lean and competitive infrastructure.

Took work home every night, weekend, holiday and vacation.
Pros
stable and conservative corporation
Cons
never could leave work for any reason, worked through lunch and was requred to be available 24/7
Good Company
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 1, 2018
Making batches and batches. I've learned how to make the batches from scratch. Hardest part is you can spend a week or two with not much work then the next week or two you get a bunch of work making you stay late and very tired. Very friendly workplace and friendly people. Management is good, I have not met the CEO yet while it is my first time there so you get no special treatment for being a Lab Technician. you just get treated like a janitor and no recognition for your hard work and effort. with Chemical Engineer bachelors it seems with that treatment I am not getting paid well and being treated like I just graduated Highschool. I will get my masters and get out.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Company
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
Colgate-Palmolive was one of the best employers I worked for. The culture was collaborative and sharing ideas was encouraged. Career advancement was also available as opposed to going outside of the organization for talent.
Pros
Great Benefits
Good Company
Worldwide Director, Global Analytics (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
The people at Colgate are the most enjoyable. Very friendly and people-oriented. Colgate provides opportunities and ability for people to work outside of their departments and work collaboratively across functions. However you must prove yourself, before being promoted. Learned to build networks, work cross-functionally, present to and communicate with senior management. Culture is about Caring, Teamwork and Continuous Improvement. Management has a difficult time making decisions and investing in and supporting new ideas, they are risk adverse.
Pros
Travel opportunities, People, Location in NYC
Cons
Decision-making, Length of Time for Promotions
Stocking/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2018
I love this job best job I ever had, great people and most of all they listen to everything we all had to say. Nobody' was over nobody' the pay was even okay, the owner always showed up with free pizza and some days the benefits was great as well.
Pros
Great people, good food, sit when you like to, line leader act like workers
Cons
Breaks was short, some hours maybe cut some days
SAP and MRP System tools to efficiency
MRP Controller (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOJuly 23, 2018
review of stocks of Raw material and FG, with 100% Accuracy, planning with forecast and PO. Every departments need to work like a real team. Early meetings was productive and support all
Pros
good comunication
Cons
personnel rotation
Great Benefits poor management
Operation Technician I (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 18, 2018
This job has no movement. It's a job that here to pay my bill. I feel that as long as the job get done there's no worries about how the employee feel.The equipment is out of date for the type of quantily and quality that is expected to get a job done
Benefits
Cons
Poor management no advancement
Efficient workplace
Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  LimaJuly 10, 2018
Mainly focused on oral care. Very hard competition from local players which lead to constantly reshape strategy. Focused and determined to win the category.
Pros
Focus and direction
Cons
Not such a big player
amazing workplace
chemist in Colgate-Palmolive (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 8, 2018
Worked as a chemist in Colgate-Palmolive. Assisted the facility and lab manager in setting up the new facility at Morristown. Performed sample analysis to ensure the samples are in accordance with FDA standards. Collected Microbiological samples for raw materials. Assisted lab manager in creating new SOP’s
Extremely long days and ridiculous working hasards
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJuly 2, 2018
You have to really appreciate what we are capable of doing, this job was not the best.. But if its something you need as soon as possible, it would be perfect!
Colgate
Operator Technician level 2 (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 25, 2018
Colgate is a great place to work , very reliable,great people friendly enviroment, money is really good, always good to move up to better jobs, management on point.
Pros
Money
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
Colgate is a great company to work for, it offers great work life balance.Colgate allowed me to grow within my role. Management styles differed by Department. Some colleagues had great managers that aided in their development, some Managers like the ones I reported to were very hands off, which hindered growth. Colgate offered exercise classes 4 days per week which was great, they also had a Nurse Practitioner on staff, which was extremely helpful at times, since it was easy to get a prescription if needed.
The only problem I have with Colgate is its constant restructuring and or outsourcing of jobs. I believe this is counteractive in its believes in that they really don't care about their employees. I believe Colgate could have tried harder to save jobs, by reducing other spending such as company match for annual giving campaign. They could have also saved money with constant floor renovation. Floors were remodeled then decided they were no longer going to use it. This wasted money could have been used to save someone's job. I believe Colgate should become more conscientious with its decision to cut jobs, especially in a time we live in, where people are committing suicide for various reasons.
Pros
Great work life balance, with flexible working hours.
Cons
Constant restructuring
Productive and great place to work in a fun pet industry.
Territory Manager, National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2018
Great company to work for. The people are what makes the company a great place. Code of ethics is highly driven, and promotions are available throughout the company.
Pros
Pet food is a growing industry.
Cons
The ecommerce sector is impacting brick and mortar negatively.
Great place to work, plenty of career opportunities for growth
Global IT Director (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 8, 2018
Dynamic, Global IT Environment, direct contribution to global strategic goals. Multicultural and multi country experience. Plenty of new technology to learn from
Well trained staff with mentoring available. Payroll depends on accuracy and deadlines being met. This is key.
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
Solid company with training available when coming on board. Deadlines and accuracy are the cornerstones but there is help available when certain variables require combining resources.
Pros
Free lunches, company activities, team atmosphere.
Cons
Sometimes due to system issues or other items, one can work weekends and evenings. Not really a con, just a reality of Payroll.
Excellent company
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 5, 2018
Rated in the top 50 companies to work for. Great pay along with great benefits. Best company overall I have ever worked for. Daily meetings to monitor safety, performance and quality issues
Pros
Great benefits
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 2, 2018
Great Benefits, Easy to talk to HR and get feed back. Meetings that keep employees informed on near misses and ask for feedback on the situation. Good on keeping the place clean.
Awesome benefits
Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 27, 2018
Awesome benefits, and knowledgeable employees. Great place to start a career. Very clean work environment, with climate control, and a lingering hint of minty freshness.
Pros
Awesome benefits, and educational opportunities
Cons
Advancement within the company will take a while.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss