Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

Found 394 reviews matching the search See all 1,664 reviews
CP Greenwood
Operations Technician I (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 24, 2018
Great place to work but the culture is not where it should be due to several factors. To begin with, people are not held accountable for their actions. The performance enhancement process is not designed to spark engagement or to rid the bad apples. Colgate-Palmolive believes in coaching and feedback to fix wayward employees but it doesn't work. As a result, people get away with whatever they want to do and nothing happens. Employees are constantly on their phones, not adhering to minimum safe behaviors (such as wearing PPE), excessive breaks, stealing time, and they treat contractors (LandAir, Holman, and RL Associates) terrible. Overall, this is a great place to work if the management would hold people accountable for their actions. Keep in mind that every job will have its ups and downs but I feel like this place has a much higher potential than what they are demonstrating.
Cons
Great benefits! Terrible Managenment! No Advancment!
Raw Tech II (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSAugust 13, 2018
Been with this company for over 5 years. I have a degree which is something that this company lives by as far as advancement. I and several other over qualified technicians have put in for advancment and management roles and all have received the same "speech" from upper management. If you work for this company with passion and accuracy you will NEVER get ahead or move up. If you do your job and do it well they will hold you back for fear that things won't get done or will be done the wrong way. There is no accountability for wrong doings or just flat out not doing your job. If you are lazy and want a for sure job with little to no potential to get fired or move up, this company is the company for you!
Pros
Benefits and company stocks. 40 hour work week. Paid vacation.
Cons
Management is awful! No advancement. No accountability. Stuck on one shift for years at a time.
Great Company, Sluggish Stocks Could Mean Layoffs
Education Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 28, 2018
This company is a great place for people under age 40 to progress in their career. Stock prices have been slowly declining resulting in recent layoffs of more senior employees however. Overall I enjoyed working for this company and felt it's benefit package (PPO) was outstanding and there are no better dental benefits offered anywhere-unbelievable coverage! If a job is available, apply. It's a good place to build relevant skill sets and advance one's career.
Pros
Benefits, flexible time, travel, build relevant skill sets
Cons
layoffs, poor stock prices, siloed management
Good Company
Worldwide Director, Global Analytics (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
The people at Colgate are the most enjoyable. Very friendly and people-oriented. Colgate provides opportunities and ability for people to work outside of their departments and work collaboratively across functions. However you must prove yourself, before being promoted. Learned to build networks, work cross-functionally, present to and communicate with senior management. Culture is about Caring, Teamwork and Continuous Improvement. Management has a difficult time making decisions and investing in and supporting new ideas, they are risk adverse.
Pros
Travel opportunities, People, Location in NYC
Cons
Decision-making, Length of Time for Promotions
great place to work said that it closed.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, IN 47130September 23, 2018
it was a good place to work,most of the people was fun to work with, we put in a lot of hours together. we were a close nit group of people working there, management was good until the last year or so then they started to move people around and things started to change. hardest thing about the job was the long hours,most enjoyable was most of the people.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
it had to close.
good place to work
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 16, 2018
Although speaking to veterinarians and hearing complaints could be stressful the best part were the vets and vet assistants. Their love for the animals and their care. The culture was competitive for numbers and I learned how to manage my time to stay in the top percentile consecutively.
Pros
benefits, salary
Cons
management
Operators are great management is a total loss.
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNNovember 1, 2018
Some of the best workers around are at Colgate, unfortunately the high quality of employees are overahadowed by poor management. Either newly hired directly out of college kids or Colgate robots that are doing what they have to too move up the cooperate ladder. Good benefits and paid time off. If you can keep your head on the floor and avoid the management staff it's a great place to work.
Great Company
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
Colgate-Palmolive was one of the best employers I worked for. The culture was collaborative and sharing ideas was encouraged. Career advancement was also available as opposed to going outside of the organization for talent.
Pros
Great Benefits
Great Benefits
Virtual Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
Company offered very competitive benefits. Work environment vary by location. Opportunities diminished for promotion as consolidation became a critical part of the re organization
Great Benefits poor management
Operation Technician I (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 18, 2018
This job has no movement. It's a job that here to pay my bill. I feel that as long as the job get done there's no worries about how the employee feel.The equipment is out of date for the type of quantily and quality that is expected to get a job done
Benefits
Cons
Poor management no advancement
Conservative atmosphere with demanding workloads
Global Design Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Management is out of touch with the demands and those delivering for the business are not supported with structure to empower the employees.

The workplace culture has evolved to an extremely lean and competitive infrastructure.

Took work home every night, weekend, holiday and vacation.
Pros
stable and conservative corporation
Cons
never could leave work for any reason, worked through lunch and was requred to be available 24/7
Lead Operator
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
As Lead Operator at Colgate-Palmolive, I was the individual who opened the main switchboard for business at the Park Avenue headquarters in NYC everyday, from Monday through Friday, promptly at 8:15a.m.

In addition the answering the main switchboard and dealing with a myriad of inquiries from customers, stakeholders and fellow Colgate colleagues both internally and all over the world, I had the pleasure of being the leader of an amazing team of Operators, and a Receptionist. I was responsible for the day to day management of the team, scheduling vacation time, keeping accurate records of sick days, etc.

The management at Colgate-Palmolive was, in my personal experience, one of the best in the business. Everyone was very personable and helpful, and there was a true feeling of belonging to a team.

I'm glad to have been a member of the Colgate family, and learned a great deal from my manager during my five years of employment.
Good overall
ASSISTANT PUBLIC RELATION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  PAKISTANOctober 27, 2018
Fair work, learned a lot from here include sap erp system. Management was very cooperative , in accounts & dealing with courts, external relationship, work load.
Pros
Free for work. No micro management
Cons
Salary is not standardized
Easy work - Decent Pay - Horrible management and culture
Operator Technician (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 5, 2018
Pay is pretty good considering there isn't much expected other than showing up. Hourly workers are all paid the same (except warehouse, who are paid a few dollars less, and Tech Techs, who are paid a few dollars more). So, a new hire, makes exactly the same as someone who has been there 10 years. Great for the new hire, not so great for the experienced person.

So, you get paid the same, whether you bust your tail, or do nothing all shift. So what kind of culture do you think that breeds?

Management is horrible. Don't worry, they only stick around for a couple of years, then they move on or quit. Colgate Morristown is a revolving door for management trainees. Some come in and try to make a difference, and are promptly shut down. Others come in and simply do their time and try not to make waves.

Everything is an illusion at Colgate. Quality, Safety, Environment, Work-Life balance. All is made out to be top notch, but in reality it is all just lip service. This facility is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. It is laughable that it continues to run and Colgate still makes million$ from this factory.

All that being said, if you can stand to be a part of a mediocre workforce with horrendous management, and do little to no work, for pretty decent pay ($18+/hr) then this is the place for you.
Pros
Pay, benefits, vacation, company store, climate controlled
Cons
management, forced overtime, lazy coworkers, incompetent and uncaring supervisors
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
Colgate is a great company to work for, it offers great work life balance.Colgate allowed me to grow within my role. Management styles differed by Department. Some colleagues had great managers that aided in their development, some Managers like the ones I reported to were very hands off, which hindered growth. Colgate offered exercise classes 4 days per week which was great, they also had a Nurse Practitioner on staff, which was extremely helpful at times, since it was easy to get a prescription if needed.
The only problem I have with Colgate is its constant restructuring and or outsourcing of jobs. I believe this is counteractive in its believes in that they really don't care about their employees. I believe Colgate could have tried harder to save jobs, by reducing other spending such as company match for annual giving campaign. They could have also saved money with constant floor renovation. Floors were remodeled then decided they were no longer going to use it. This wasted money could have been used to save someone's job. I believe Colgate should become more conscientious with its decision to cut jobs, especially in a time we live in, where people are committing suicide for various reasons.
Pros
Great work life balance, with flexible working hours.
Cons
Constant restructuring
Good Company
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 1, 2018
Making batches and batches. I've learned how to make the batches from scratch. Hardest part is you can spend a week or two with not much work then the next week or two you get a bunch of work making you stay late and very tired. Very friendly workplace and friendly people. Management is good, I have not met the CEO yet while it is my first time there so you get no special treatment for being a Lab Technician. you just get treated like a janitor and no recognition for your hard work and effort. with Chemical Engineer bachelors it seems with that treatment I am not getting paid well and being treated like I just graduated Highschool. I will get my masters and get out.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Ok but management is a nightmare
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hodges, SCJanuary 6, 2018
The job itself is not bad but the management sucks. They change things without asking. It appears that they believe everyone is easily replaceable. There is no recognition for those who work hard and do their jobs. When you go to work there you don’t get any compensation for previous experience. The HR manager is horrible. The term that was coined by her was the plant just needed to have “radical acceptance” of changes and it did not matter what the team said basically we were told they would not listen to us. They have run off all the good managers that they had.
Supposedly corporate has been to visit but nothing has changed for the good they keep on coming up with ideas that make it worse. Oh when they were hiring some they told them that the were going to work 8 hrs and they new the plant had switched to 12 hrs. They flat out lied to people.
Best Place to Work
Worldwide Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
Great company values (Caring, Global Teamwork, Continuous Improvement)
Company currently faced with typical headwinds in FMCG
Current top management transition should help progress the company to the next growth stage
Conservative company with an old boys network
Customer Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2018
Colgate is slow to correct, slow to innovate, and slow to communicate. It's a rose-colored glasses company with little tolerance for passion and critical thinking.
Pros
Benefits and work life opprotunites. Great brands
Cons
Conservative to paralysis
Awesome benefits
Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 27, 2018
Awesome benefits, and knowledgeable employees. Great place to start a career. Very clean work environment, with climate control, and a lingering hint of minty freshness.
Pros
Awesome benefits, and educational opportunities
Cons
Advancement within the company will take a while.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight