Colgate-Palmolive
70Above average
4.3

Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

United States542 reviews
A good company to work for. Great benefits flexible work schedule safe work enviroment. Good payrate good management staff. Onsite credit union. Onsite cafeteria with great cafeteria staff.
Pros
Great benefits & great coworkers
Cons
Company relocated to South Carolina.
They make you sign off on SOP which they don’t teach you hands on. They stack finish goods out in the hall where pedistrian people walk. Some emergency doors are blocked with boxes in warehouse. In shipping / reciving don’t get breaks when the other person is out they never come to give you breaks. Sometimes they call you in early or have you to stay over if you don’t show you get a point
No tengo palabras de agradecimiento de haber trabajado en la empresa es por la gente seguridad calidad todo todo
Fue excelente empresa tanto funcional y económicamente facilita mucho la vida del trabajador y familiar
A place to grow, and learn. Team work, and friendly environment is what i can describe. doors for opportunities are always available. Cheering from management and encouragement is the highlight of the company.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
j'ai vraiment u la chance de travailler pour colgate c'est une bonne entreprise m'ai mon contrat était pour un ans vraiment je c'est comment califie l
If you don’t mind working a desk job then this is a great job for you! On the job training, very inclusive, and family friendly. Very quiet and food outlets everywhere.
Work place provide opportunity to learn new skills. I developed new skills on management, project planning, presentation and connecting technology with bussiness
A typical day at work was stressful.
I learned a lot from my interactions with the Consultants than from my upper Regulatory Management.

The workplace culture changed over the years. Team work is virtually nonexistent. Everyone is looking out for themselves.
This job no bueno takes forever to get to first shift to many lick butts. HR is a a bad HR. You have to call the help desk for any little thing you need help with.
all the workers there are extremely friendly, but management doesnt care about the temps. lots of harassment, lots of "voluntary" overtime that's actually mandatory, if you're there, the only people that'll help you in any way are the people out on the floor. there are some pros tho, easy job, decent pay, pretty lax on the sanitary side and ppe aspect which is frankly disgusting (management wont do anything), and great coworkers. some cons are, management very unprofessional, toxic work environment, extremely boring, 3rd shift will just leave the place a mess and have 1st shift clean up after them, and overall just low standards create an environment that discourages people putting in an effort to have standards and just giving into their quantity over quality mindset. it can, and will, drain the life out of you.
I worked at Hills Pet Nutrition which is owned by Colgate. This is not to be confused with working at Colgate. Hills is Kansas culture, Colgate is Park Ave NYC.

I managed two facilities with drivers who delivered pet food to veterinarians clinics. It was a good job, but long long hours and some travel. I was brought in at the lower of two salary levels for that position. The path to the upper level was always nebulous, kinda a wait until next year thing. Although I was training the upper guys on new systems and doing things they were unwilling to do. They value tenure over what you know and what you do. Good midwestern values.

My boss was great. Amazing guy. Worked his way up in the company. Now, when his boss retired, he and his teammates were told not to apply, that they had someone in mind. Want to know how to scare and disillusion a large network of transportation people? Give that role to an HR person who has absolutely zero experience in transportation. Then for good measure decide that you cannot hire drivers for full time positions, but rather for a 6 month contract. Even though there is a huge driver shortage and you are competing for talent and your current drivers are working 55 hours a week.

Back to that pay ... I have on my desk a wonderful handwritten note from the person picked from HR to lead that organization, saying how great I was for working so far beyond the call. I was grateful for the sentiment, but it didn't help pay my student loan, and it is sitting on my desk at another job where I get paid more to work way less.
Working at Colgate on those concrete floors caused my sciatic nerve to get pinched causing me to have to have surgery. Colgate employees are very immature and are always out to sabotage others.
Pros
Money was good, benefits were good
Cons
Management was awful, Team leaders tend to pick favorites and let them get away with doing wrong things, the people they do like can do whatever they want to.
Excelente equipo de trabajo y pendiente de sus trabajadores en todo momento.
Very conservative and risk averse. Slow to react to the changing business environment. Rewards people based on volume sold without consideration of the complexity of the business. Lack of humility about the brands.
After working at CP for more than 19 years I have seen a lot of the ups and downs of the company. There have been at least four major layoffs due to restructuring and I'm happy to have survived them all. However, that has also contributed to the low morale of the company.

In the recent years, there has been a major shift to focus on employing millenials and with that comes a high turnover in employment. Therefore, those of us who do not fit in that demographic have had to constantly shift workload to accommodate the turnover rate.

I do however enjoy working at CP.
Company takes care of its workers unlike any other company I have been with. incredibly caring and wages even starting out are great. Benefits are amazing. overall if given a chance to work for Colgate-Palmolive, take it. you wont regret it.
No support from management and a lot of backstabbing can not trust managers they would lie to cover there own mistakes very sad and no support at all have no respect for employees or there families
I love my job . I see a bunch of comments about $10 hr but these are temps posting that are not core. Colgate’s lowest paying job for operations is like $16.60 so pay is great for the area we have the best benefits hands down and manage ment is improving. We are going in a positive direction glad to be part of a growing team!
Pros
Pay/ benefits/ management
Cons
Forklift fleet / warehouse floors
A company that truly cares about their employees
I was given freedom to grow and allowed to innovate

Women can succeed easily

Good benefits

Opportunity to travel
Great Place to work.Good Work Work culture.helpful managers.
Can have a good work life balance.Managers are transparent.Overall a good place to work.But growth is as not as much.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
1.2K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Colgate-Palmolive.