COLLEGE COMMUNITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

Great work experience for those new to the field
Pre-licensed Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lake Isabella, CAAugust 8, 2018
CCS has proven to provide me with excellent work experience. I've learned a great deal and believe it has done a lot to prepare me for my future as a licensed therapist. Management has provided more training then I've ever received in past jobs and has helped equip me with the skills I need to be the best therapist possible. For the most part, it is a professional setting and good guidance is provided. That being said, all people have their flaws and nothing is ever perfect, but I have always felt respected and treated fairly. They have been very flexible with me when needed. Health care is not the greatest, but it's something and has met my needs thus far.
Pros
Great training, great experience, usually annual raises
Cons
Health care options
Ccs
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJuly 31, 2018
I really enjoyed working at CCS, I got to give back to the community in a way that was valuable to me and those we served. The people I worked with were professional and dedicated to their jobs.
A great group of caring professionals
RECOVERY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAJuly 17, 2018
Great caring staff. Great Office Manager. A great place to learn. You will be immersed in the field rather quickly. Everyone is willing to help. Staff really cares for their clients.
Pros
Caring Staff
Cons
Large caseload
Never a dull moment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJune 23, 2018
The hardest part of the job is "Keeping up with the Kardashians." There are always updates, improvements in the workplace, and training's to attend.

A typical day for me is wearing two or more hats at all times. My keys are even color coordinated. I have been covering a position for the past 6 months and I am glad to say I was given the opportunity to learn and improve my skills.

We work hard as a team!
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Short breaks
Very supportive team.
Recovery Coordinator III/Therapist Trainee (Current Employee) –  Taft, CAMay 19, 2018
The teamwork is amazing at the clinic. They are always there to help, answer questions, or assist with clients and caseloads. You can tell they really want to make your life and job easier, especially when you are learning the ropes.
Pros
Licensing supervision
Cons
retention rates
good employee's
Part Time Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CAMay 14, 2018
very close knit employee environment, high job stability, client's come to you or you can go to see them in community/home, stable influx of clientelle
Pros
consistent influx of clients
Cons
many cancellations
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAMay 4, 2018
This company is a very organized company with great co-workers always willing to lend a helping hand, this company offered room for advancement . Was wonderful making a difference helping our community
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Real Review From Former Employee
Intern (Former Employee) –  krvMarch 1, 2018
Bottom Line: Read ALL the reviews and you will see why the agency has a high turnover rate. Substandard care, they put profits over people and have harmed clients through negligent practices.
Pros
beautiful scenary
Cons
shoddy management, unethical and illegal practices that harm employee and clients
Great place to work and develop skills in the mental health field
Care Manager, College Community Services/CalWorks (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 11, 2017
Workplace culture is great, really feels like a family-oriented office with very supportive staff and clinicians helping each other with the day to day tasks and appointments we have with participants.
Many activities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CASeptember 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company because I believe it was a true stepping stone for me to learn and gain tons of knowledge and experience working with the Mental health community.
I really enjoyed putting together the Toys for Tots event for those in out community in need.
Being a part of an organization that really went above and beyond to see our clients succeed and become active members of society to me was very rewarding.
Pros
helping our clients
Cons
N/a
Stressful enviornment
Child Recovery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CA 93555September 11, 2017
Poor communication in management, high turnover in management. Unrealistic expectations.However, there are many great co workers with a passion for helping people.
Great place to gain experience
Recovery Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Taft, CAAugust 21, 2017
A wonderful place to gain experience, and further advance skills as a case manager. However there is very little room for growth/advancement, health benefits are not great, and pay does not necessarily reflect the amount of work that goes into the job.
Pros
Advancing case management skills, staff, flexible schedule
Cons
Healthcare benefits, little room for growth/advancement
Look before you Leap!
Marriage Family Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAApril 20, 2017
Upper management is only focused on billable hours at almost any cost! HIgh turnover of Program Managers, (immediate supervisors) UNBELIEVABLE! Clinical staff run and work in fear of not reaching target billing goals everyday and being fired. Told to delete critical information about a client's lack of care from previous treatment plan if it sheds a dim unethical light on the company! If you don't meet targeted billing hours for three months, you are fired!

Good place to get your feet wet, but you may drown at any minute. Beware, the water is very cold and deep!~
Pros
Staff and co-workers are compassionat and caring. Program Manager is Stellar!
Cons
Upper Managers are deplorable!
A wonderful position
Recovery coordinator II (temp) (Former Employee) –  Ridgecres, t CaliforniaJanuary 20, 2017
I woke up at 630 every day and was excited to get to work early. If given the opportunity I would return to college community services. The clients were wonderful and so was the staff.
Pros
Submitting progress notes was simple. The work environment was enjoyable.
Enjoyable coworkers but incredible turnover.
PSC (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 26, 2016
I've been with the company for just under a year and the total staff at our program is around 25 and serving nearly 200. This staff count includes medical, management, front office staff, specialists, case managers and part timers. Over the course of my year I have seen more than 10 people leave. Some new and some old. The management turn over is crazy, some staying for less than 3 months. The work load is overwhelming and I have to work at home despite being payed hourly. I really appreciate my coworkers and the comradery and experience I receive. However if this were a job that I wasn't emotionally invested in if be absolutely sick of it.
Pros
Positive work staff/relationships, hands on experience
Cons
Heavy turnover, overwhelming, poor management support
Don't Take My Word For It: Find Out Why Pathways/CCS Has A High Turn Over Rate with Their Staff in Lake Isabella and Camp Owen
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Kern County, CAMay 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job are working with clients who are trying to improve their lives. The worst part of the job is the management and office politics that put productivity and billable hours before helping people or supporting employees. Don't take my word for it--find out why they have had extreme management and employee turnover...find out why people have left...find out why they have been investigated by authorities for harming clients..talk to former employees who left...not the fake testimonies posted here. If you like paper work and prefer doing that over helping people--this job is for you...if you are an intern and believe you need no guidance, direction or support in mental health services, this job is also for you because your supervisor will only meet with you at the most 1x a week---not to discuss helping clients, but to talk about reports, billing, AZ, and productivity.
Pros
The offices are in the beautiful Kern River Valley
Cons
The management does not care about helping clients, so you are on your own.
Co workers are great. They really care for their clients.
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAOctober 20, 2015
Upper manage is very shady. Not trust worthy. Benefits are terrible. If you don't meet productivity 3 times you are fired. Meeting productivity takes away from client care. The only good thing is the coworkers.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
This is what I do on paper, way better in person! :)
SA Counselor Outpatient Program (Current Employee) –  Lake Isabella, CADecember 29, 2014
I am a member of a team of wonderful caring people who are hard working in the mental health field. I start my day by logging onto computer checking email and reviewing my schedule for day after that I use the 1st hour in AM for notes etc. and then I usually start my 1st appointment at 9 am with several others scheduled on intake and individual session day, 2 groups per day 3 days a week including a education class for 1st offenders called PC1000.
I have learned that everyone is individual but recovery needs are similar so I try to guide the client in direction of success and what they are willing to do, witness the moments and provide professional guidance with positiveness and hope with evidenced based practice.
Management is very supportive and available when needed.
Co-workers are awesome, mostly women who are very caring and able to make a great impact.
The hardest part of job is undetermined to date!
I enjoy people, change for good, being able to be a coach and doing my part to make my community a better place.
Knowing My Influences is very important.
Pros
My own office, view of mountains
Cons
Bad hygiene and procrastination
Rewarding place to work
Recovery Coordinator Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJuly 17, 2014
Helping people with their mental health concerns. My coworkers were amazing people who are always willing to help others.
Pros
helping people
Cons
healthcare costs
Ok for starters
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Orange CountyOctober 2, 2013
As usual, all companies have politics involved..Depending on who you know, you'll be good. I learned a lot, that's a positive. As long as you stay positive, you'll be ok.
Pros
Holidays, flexible
Cons
Management knows each other

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COLLEGE COMMUNITY SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about