College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving Employee Reviews

Terrible
Mover (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2019
No hours. Terrible managers, the whole atmosphere was just down right terrible, I would only recommend if you are looking for PT other than that not a FT job
Great culture the employees are awesome.
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 16, 2019
A typical day at work may vary with a range of tasks including loading and unloading, junk removal and labor services. There is room for advancement but you have to work hard.
Blessed
Driver captain (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2019
This job give me a new opportunity for my future! When others company say not College Hunks open the door for me and it’s a blessing for my goals and dreams
Mover (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 12, 2019
This place was a very nice olace to work for they were very supportive and consistent with their job title and their conpanies and im verry satisfyied with the company
Dont work here
Driver/Mover (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 10, 2019
CHHJ is okay for someone fresh out of highschool. Management is very inconsistent with work schedule. At this location they refuse to maintain their company vehicles leaving you stuck with the problems at the end of the day. LOTS of drama, you just cant trust anyone period.
Pros
None really
Cons
Cant trust any management
Best place over worked
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 9, 2019
I love my mangers and the people whom I work with. Very relaxed environment with great values. Definitely room for growth within the company. Accountability.
Great work environment
Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 5, 2019
I loved working there due to the people I worked with, it felt like it was not a job because I liked it so much. My boss gave me freedom to do what I wanted while still holding me accountable.
Under paid/over worked
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCSeptember 3, 2019
Sure working at college hunks hauling junk and moving may sound exciting at first but once you get in and start working and moving furniture and removing people's unwanted items you soon learn that you are not paid well enough to do what you do. Home balance is a joke there is no balance there's either work and have no life or have a life and no work.
Great place to work for just not steady enough for me
Mover and Driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 30, 2019
They are a great company to work for but the hours are not as steady as I would like. It is a manual labor job hard working sometimes you have to go out of state which is a plus and great way to see different states
Great work atmosphere! Overall great company!
Inbound Sales Representative/Outbound(Now) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2019
The interviews are group interviews. The benefits are amazing. It is very competitive in the call center there, but everyone is very friendly. I think the training was the hardest part of it. Very good training, but my weakness was the hot seats speaking in front of everyone. They do contests to get your competitive juices going. The better you do the better the commission. If you don't try then the worse the commission lol. Just get through the hardest part of the training and the 1st-month hump. The rest is smooth sailing and worst the stress because of how good the benefits are. Overall, I think this is a great company to work for.
Incredible opportunity here - hard work but rewarding
Administration Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2019
The culture at the Tampa franchise is unmatched by any previous workplace I have been in. The management staff genuinely cares about their employees, all the way up the ladder. There are actual opportunities for advancement for those employees who perform well, and who are open to accepting coaching and growing as both an employee, and an individual. Overall, this company offers an incredible opportunity, and all that is asked is that you are honest, trustworthy, and dedicated.
Pros
AWESOME culture, rewarding work, team-oriented staff, well-compensated
Cons
Can be hard work, occasional long days, sometimes work in heat
Please find a real job
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2019
Racist people do not care about you. If they don't like you they fire you.

Pros: no dress code and unprofessional [if you like that)
Cons: Racists people.
Horrible that people dress like whatever at work.
SINGLE MOMS DONT APPLY
Great would go back
Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2019
Wonderful good pay great energy at work place. Great manager and co workers good hours had great training. Had good equipment up to dated trucks and good Security
Best company I’ve ever been a part of!!
Sr. Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJAugust 15, 2019
The culture is number one here at College Hunks! It is simply the best company ever!! In order to know exactly how I feel is to join in this amazing business!!
Great place to work with drawbacks
Junk Captain (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYAugust 14, 2019
I worked at the number one franchise. The mission drives the fact that they are number one. Management is really flexible and willing to work with their team, whether there's something that you have to do on a given day or whether you could use help honing your sales and leadership skills. Everyone on management worked their way there. Mainly left because there aren't many (if any) opportunities for advancement. Be aware that you give away a lot of time working here. You miss a lot of your personal life. Sometimes it was worth it though!
Fun work place
Junk removal wingman (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYAugust 9, 2019
Was a nice bonding experience you almost feel like a team working together and freedom to handle jobs your way. The work meetings are exciting and interesting for all employees.
Fast-paced and hard-working
Hauling Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2019
Be ready to push yourself mentally and definitely physically each day. You learn a lot about yourself and build character from doing the manual labor and then hone in on your sales skills while trying to bid for jobs.
Character
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 3, 2019
I was wrongfully fired can I give me a reason I work there for seven and a half years trains almost everyone that came through college hunks even trained the owner and I get fired for no reason it's not fair but now I have my own company and God is great
Majority of the employees that work there are weak and slow
Lead Mover/Driver/Truck Captain (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLJuly 26, 2019
I wouldn't recommend anyone with moving experience to work there. They start you off at $10per hr. There are very racist tension in the atmosphere. There's a manager that love to touch his employees inappropriately.
It was a very unorganized, unsafe, unprepared company
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 25, 2019
The trucks were not maintained regularly and not kept up to DOT safety standards.
Trucks did not have proper moving equipment on them so time would be wasted in the morning trying to locate items needed
. Many times there wasn't the proper equipment.