College Muscle Movers

Working at College Muscle Movers: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Fun place to work

One of the best parts of the job is that you get to pick your own schedule. You work with young adults in a fun and friendly environment. It has its challenges such as dealing with stressed out customers and having the occasional long services, but the tips you make on services makes up for that.

Pros

Great tips, fun coworkers, learn to problem solve

Added to my experience

This work added to my experience and helped me gain the skills necessary to succeed in future jobs. Moving furnitures, chairs and other household goods made me appreciate the importance of helping the ones in need.

College Muscle Movers insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Fast-paced and fun

The people that work at College Muscle Movers are great, and I learned a lot while I worked at College Muscle Movers. I learned how to work fast paced, while being calm and careful with items.

Pros

set your own schedule

Cons

low pay

Quick promotions and fun staff

The other staff and movers were fun to work with and had positive mindsets, which made the difficult days tolerable. Tips were nice and I enjoyed the physical labor and being outside. Promotion process is quick if you work hard and smart.

Good manual labor, consistent hours depend on sales.

A good job to work during college part -time. Hours are only consistent if you have lot of availability and if there are jobs to fill them. There is opportunity for growth, but only if you stay on for multiple seasons.

Great people to work with but with some issues/

Cmm, has wonderful management as well as employees. However, your day can shift at anytime and could be extremely difficult to get out on time. Many different areas of the company need fixing, such as how the movers are paid. They are not compensated based on total time out from the warehouse, but instead are paid with google maps and the customer signing off on the time they had worked for them. All the extra time you sit in traffic you are not paid for.

Pros

Flexible schedules, great employees, tips are amazing

Cons

short breaks, labor intensive, payment is weird

Absolutely Great

College Muscle Movers has an amazing staff and is customer service driven. They do not spend a single dollar on advertisement and every year they are growing. Their customer grow through word of mouth and professional appearance. CMM has been one of the greatest jobs I have been apart of. I highly recommend their service and employment.

Pros

Busy and Growing

Cons

Not enough locations yet

Quick-paced work environment with emphasis on development

College Muscle Movers has seasonal volume, so winters can be slower and a great time to tackle side projects. Summers demand extra focus and attention to detail, but the work load is definitely manageable. While there are no benefits, management focuses a great deal on personal growth and development and employees. Overall, a great place to start out after college or when looking for a place to grow your experience.

Pros

Fair, honest management. Ping Pong table

Cons

No Benefits

Fun environment / Difficult Management

The best part of this job was the people I worked with. Regardless of what management would do, they would always match my effort to complete the job.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Little help from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Muscle Movers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits