College Nannies + Tutors Employee Reviews

Good place.
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 20, 2018
This is a great agency to look into if you are not wanting to put your child in daycare, BUT if a nanny gets sick there usually is not any coverage so you will be left to fend for yourself.
Pros
Management is amazing
Cons
not enough staff
Learning
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MASeptember 14, 2018
I was able to place nannies with families in need and I also met a large diversity of people. I worked with many good families and nanny candidates. It was an enjoyable companyz
Inspiring and motivating work enviroment
Nanny/Role Model (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYSeptember 10, 2018
A typical day at work includes me bonding with the families and their children. I learned how to manage my time efficiently and how to be proactive in impulsive situations. The work culture was very family oriented and for the most part stress free. The hardest part of the job was balancing school work and making sure not to forget to fill out all paperwork necessary after each family visit. The most enjoyable part of the job was having families requesting me to work with them.
Almost guaranteed job
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 3, 2018
The families you work with vary-they can be really great or the opposite. The management is constantly changing and they don't show that they care for their employees. Overall, i loved the families I worked for, but the management and company were awful which is why I left.
Best part were the families
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 30, 2018
Overall, College Nannies and Tutors was there when I needed a job but knowing that they make almost as much per hour as the nanny makes is infuriating. These families are paying $17-20/per hour of care and nannies are making $10/per hour before taxes. There are times where management will call you late the night before an on call family needs care and send you to a place that they have never vetted and into the home of a family that they have never met. After the time spent with the on call families, there is no follow up from CN&T with the nanny to see if this family was pleasant, house was welcoming and clean, kids were okay, etc. I had nanny positions on the side from word of mouth that paid $15-25/hour under the table with the same wonderful types of families.
Pros
Wonderful Families and kids
Cons
Terrible compensation and follow up
Fun place to work with mostly independent work environment
Learning Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at college nannies and tutors for the amount of independence allowed to tutors when it came to deciding how to tutor each student. Management was fine, but it is very challenging to have shifts covered when ill. Workplace culture is positive with encouraging tutors and sufficient encouragement from management.
Pros
Snacks, coffee
Cons
No breaks
had problems with schedule from the start
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 22, 2018
i feel like they hire anyone and i was not given adequate training. also, they lock in availability 2 weeks out so you can’t pull any even for on-call. also, i was called demanding for asking for one day off per week. if you get a good family it’s worth sticking with but other than that i’d look elsewhere.
Pros
good families use the service
Cons
schedule, availability, company attitude
Full of fun activities
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAAugust 19, 2018
It was a fun job where I got to play with the children everyday.
The best part where there families I got to work for everyday.
The hardest part was being on-call. My hours were never the same and I was never guaranteed hours at any given time.
Pros
it was a very fun job
Cons
no healthcare, unsteady hours
great job if you love kids
College Nanny (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 13, 2018
as mentioned, great job if you love kids and taking care of them. compensation is excellent for a job of this type. if you get lucky like i did, the parent(s) may even pay for the expenses of wherever you take the child(ren).
Pros
work pace, pay
Cons
the people sometimes
Fun work place
Sitter (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 10, 2018
I enjoyed how I could create my own schedule. Most of the kids were well behaved and fun to be with. The management was nice and welcoming. The downside is that I only got payed half of what the families were paying for me to be there. Also, I got payed the same amount per hour no matter how many kids I had to take care of. So, I got payed the same for caring for one child as I did for caring for 3 children.
Pros
Fun, build own schedule
Cons
Pay
Great
Full-time Nanny / Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 6, 2018
College Nannies is a wonderful place to work! I have been exposed to multiple cultures and backgrounds of different families, and love to work with new children of all ages.
Underpaid and underappreciated
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2018
No matter how hard you work, you are underpaid and under appreciated. When you earn any sort of bonus that you work very hard for it takes more effort than needed to receive it. Very slow, not many hours. I once showed up to a house where there were 5 kids and I was the only nanny. No warning or anything. And I only receive the same as if there was only 1 child.
Pros
small bonuses
Cons
not a lot of hours
Should Have Quit Before I Started
Sitter/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2018
Would not recommend this job.

#1. Hiring process/training rushed
#2. Flexibility is an illusion when managers are on you for more hrs constantly
#3. All positions have high turnover! From managers on down...

Don't join or you'll find out why quick.
cnt
Childcare provider (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2018
on call job, sometimes you get hours ahead of time but, they do not respond to previous employees that have resigned to verify employment for future employers and do not return general phone calls.
Flexible
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 16, 2018
Flexible with your schedule.
Opportunity to increase your hours if you want.
Convenience of having the company to be able to send a replacement nanny on days you take off.
Fun job with flexible hours!
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 9, 2018
I needed a job that could be flexible with my schedule because I'm a film student who has to go on set and participate in extracurriculurs. College Nannies and Tutors is flexible and fun.
Pros
Fun, great families, nice kids
Great place to work!
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
The families are all really friendly to work with, they are amazing at communicating with the nannies, and they are faithful to the needs of the company.
Cool first job
Nanny and Tutor for kids (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2018
Get job especially for people that are in college looking for a little cash to make during some down time. The kids are always great and fun to be around! The company also understands that we all still have school and makes sure that it will always comes first which also comes with flexible hours .
Pros
Work whenever VERY flexible hours!!
Exciting fun and challenging experience
Nanny (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 27, 2018
College nannies is an exciting company to work for if you are passionate with working with children from ages 1 month to 12 years old of diverse cultures. I have connected with some of the most awesome families throughout the bay area. The hardest part of this job is driving in traffic.
Pros
able to create my own work schedule
Cons
no health care benefits nor paid vacation time, low salary
Very on your own job
SITTER (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 25, 2018
Working with College Nannies + Tutors you make your own availability schedule and you enter your own time but it's all through an app which is very nice. It is a fun place to work, you meet a ton off amazing families and spend time with awesome kids.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Don't have set hours a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Nannies + Tutors. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight