College Nannies + Tutors Employee Reviews

Unreliable hours
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 15, 2019
I loved the environment here and loved working with families. They are all so understanding and sweet! However, this job is super unreliable if you are looking for a set schedule. The app may request you last minute, and almost all of the time families cancel the day before or even the day of. Not good if you are someone like me who needs to work and cannot afford not to. I love this company, but it is too unreliable and I did not get the hours I wanted.
Pros
Free lunches, caring families, flexible schedule
Cons
Families cancel last minute, not guaranteed hours, poor management
Fun and rewarding place to be
Lead Nanny (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 7, 2019
Working with different children and doing all sorts of different activities. I am a nanny with two different families and everyday is a new experience with both of them, we are always doing different activities and trying different games. There are always new things happening and exciting opportunities and always different ways to grow within the company. I have moved up into doing admin work as well as being a nanny and a sitter and doing some event care. I am always excited to go to work and run meetings for new employees and doing events to give back to the community. Management is always there to help and work with you on any issues as long as you reach out.
Pros
Always exciting, flexible schedule, great environment
Cons
no healthcare
Great, but management is the worst
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILFebruary 5, 2019
I LOVE working with these families and children. A typical day of work varies. Longer eight-hour shifts that start in the morning tend to be a day filled playing with the kids, putting them down for naps, and light meal prep. Other shifts can include picking the kids up after school (usually three to four-hour shifts), or date nights. This job is honestly pretty great when you don't include management.

My problem is that managers are not very understanding. I have had issues such as having my car break down or being too sick to come in for care and have been chewed out for it. EVEN when I have had a doctors note and even when I give plenty of notice. As well as this, there have been times where they have been unwilling to work with my schedule. For example, there was another time I tried emailing and explaining to my managers that I cannot work certain evenings due to volunteer work. Even with the notice, I still got put on these shifts and was expected to come in. I tell this story as a warning for others considering this position.

My advice? Working here is worth it, for the most part, however, do not let management walk all over you like this. If you cannot work a shift, stick with it and BE FIRM. Otherwise, they will take advantage of you.
Pros
Free lunches, families are wonderful, plenty of hours
Cons
hostile/unforgiving management, expects you to come in even when you are sick, managers will not compromise with you
low wages. disrespectful managers
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJanuary 30, 2019
the managers were very rude and disrespectful. No vacation days and they were unwilling to work with my class schedule. Not enough hourly pay to survive cost of living
Do not work there
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 27, 2019
If your trying to be a nanny or babysitter do not work here because you have to drive to the locations withoutout gas compensation so, basicly your not going to get paid at all because it all goes to your gas.
Pros
2- 3 hour work days
Cons
no gas copensations
Flexible and great
Sitter/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 25, 2019
You can pick the days you can work and hours. It's great job to have. Everyone is super nice and friendly. Get to have fun with your coworkers as well as meet great families.
Cnet
Nanny/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Klein, TXJanuary 25, 2019
love my Management at the Klein location. They are so nice and helpful, while always keeping in mind the best interest for both staff and families.

Great experience, super flexible
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2019
It was really easy to join this. Great communication and management is very helpful and flexible. You get to choose your own schedule which is always great!
Pros
Choosing your own schedule
Cons
N/a
If you like kids, are cool with super janky hours and low pay-This job is for you
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 23, 2019
This place has fewer benefits than ride-share apps. The kids are the best part of the job, but management is hard to communicate with. They boast about "flexible" schedule, but it harder than it sounds. You basically manage yourself so if you are self-driven it is a great environment.
Pros
Paid to color
Cons
No communication, no benefits, guilt trips over any time off, you pay for your own gas and they send you ALL over, never paid to be on call and you are always on call
Pros and Cons
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 21, 2019
The only true complaint that I have is that I can not get enough hours. I can book myself completely available and not get anything for days. It is stressful when it comes time to pay bills, I just need more hours.
very few hours given
Nanny/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Klein, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I would have to drive 50 plus minutes and work for a few hours and the pay was not covering my expenses. The amount of gas spent doesn't not compare to the poor pay.
Productive and engaging workplace.
Nanny/Tutor at College Nannies Sitters & Tutors (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 10, 2019
I have a passion for working with children, so this job was perfect in allowing me to pursue that. I was able to build strong relationships with not only the children but their parents and my employers as well. I always felt very supported in this job and enjoyed it thoroughly during my time spent within the company.
Pros
Certain ages were very stressful-dealing with babies/infants
Cons
Higher ages were very enjoyable, it was much easier to engage and interact with them
a day as a nanny
In-Home Child Caregiver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2019
many people believe being a caregiver is simple but this job is very hands-on and you have to do the work there is no space for being lazy! you are always busy and barely have time for yourself! management and staff were very helpful outstanding staff by far loved everyone personally! the hardest part is dealing with some of the new families some were harder to deal with than others
Pros
making your own schedule
Cons
they lock in your schedules after you set it which wasnt how it wa
Great families but management lacks in communication
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Overall, the families I have worked for have all been great. You run into some families that may not be suited for your style of nannying but that is all apart of the job. Nannying is stressful, and is certainly not for everyone. It takes a lot of patience and empathy on your end as a caregiver, so make sure this is something you are able to understand. It is great for picking up extra hours during the week, but you are not always guaranteed hours if you are an on-call nanny. You may work thirty hours one week, and ten the next week.

My only complaint is that there is poor communication between managers and families. Families may be kind to you and thankful for you coming in but may say otherwise to management about you. There is no way to avoid this as us nannies all have different ways of handling various situations, just be professional and be yourself! You cannot please everybody so just keep that in mind!
Pros
Families may offer free food to you, pay is decent for a college student, works with your schedule, most families are great to work with
Cons
Management communication, not guaranteed hours, good side job but not enough to pay the bills
Company means well
Sitter/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJanuary 6, 2019
....But I was not happy there. The families pay around $18-20, so most are very wealthy families. However, the sitters only get around $10-11 per hour. I asked for a consistent weekly job several times and was never given one. Instead, I had to rely on occasional jobs from the app to babysit. Wasn't the job for me.
Job
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Tri-Cities, TNDecember 22, 2018
I think they should give people a chance to work for this company. They look for experience but if someone wants this as a career? They need to put their foot in somewhere. I’ve never work for this company but I have tried so many times but they won’t give it to me because all I have is customer service experience.
Pros
Idk
Cons
They need to give people a chance
Rudest Families
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 10, 2018
I thought it would be good to use an agency instead of finding my own position. Never, ever again. The families pay anywhere from $19-25/hr to the company, the nanny only gets $8-11/hr. And for on call jobs you aren’t allowed to drive them anywhere, there’s only so many activities you can do in home and lots of times they grow bored with reading, coloring, even outside play etc quickly. The kids were never much of a problem, however I have never met any families that were more disrespectful in my life. They were so rude and stuck up, and I’ve worked for families that were very well off that were the sweetest families I’ve met. That was not the case with CNT, I maybe met one or two families that were nice and considerate out of over 20+ different ones. Management wants you to have full time availability to get booked for part time hours. Some weeks it’s 40 hrs, others it’s 20 or less. Very inconsistent hours. Most bookings were last minute, less than 24 hrs notice. Got in trouble for outdoor activities such as being out by the pool etc, which was crazy. Only con was the app, and that’s literally it.
Pros
App
Cons
Don’t work there/use their services
Flexiable works hours and left alone to work at your pace
Operations/Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 5, 2018
Job takes a long time to learn the ins and outs. You have to know how to manage yourself and you work alone in the office a lot of the time. Job security is great
I'm always in the wrong
On-Call Nanny (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 27, 2018
They give me penalties for every little mistakes that I've done as a learning curve. It is not beneficial nor productive. It's a waste of time just being a slave to families all around the area. Not a good look.
Good for Learning about Children
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJNovember 21, 2018
This was a good place to be to bond with children and get to learn more about their development through real life experience. Sometimes it could be difficult because there is no one to have actual stimulating conversations with depending on their age.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Nannies + Tutors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight