College Nannies + Tutors Employee Reviews

Fun, interesting, well organized, clean and dynamic office environment. I liked the follow up system with a great app and support.
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Klein, TXNovember 7, 2018
It was a great experience at the office and with the families. I had the American Heart Association First Aid/CPR training and continuous education that was very valuable to me personally and for the job itself. They always payed me on time with direct deposit. The followup system to record the hours and daily work was easy to work with. I used it for planing ahead my availability and make last minute changes too. I got as much hours as I could, materials to create activities, training and great support from the office personnel. The office meetings were informative and interesting to participate as they review the success, how to deal with challenges and situations. I was available around the clock, for assignments from 4 to 12 hours, overnights and extended periods if needed. The experience with the families with special needs children was very educational and rewarding as I had the chance to see the children's progress. The families were able to enjoy activities away from home with their other children and parents night out. We played, made stories, arts & crafts, visit the park, learned and enjoyed being together. I looked forward to visit again with great many of the families that called me back as their preferred sitter. It was really heartwarming to see their reaction to our time together and witnessed the children's progress when I had the chance to go back. I enjoyed their stories to the family and told at school about the good time they had with my visits. During challenging situations I had support and collaboration from my supervisor who shared her  more... wisdom and help. Some families had pets and I worked with them without problem, sadly I'm allergic to cats. Working as a team with other sitters we gave support to the health professionals working during the hurricane Harvey emergency. Some of the hospital personnel had to stay working for a few days and we cared for their children. Another team work I enjoyed was at a church nursery where we had different ages from babies to preteens during special worship activities. I highly recommend College Nannies & Tutors to any and all who'd like to share their life experience to help other families, start a new job or wants to supplement their income.  less
Pros
Training meetings are payed, support by phone and in person if needed, Nannies app to get/report assignments is excellent, I was always paid on time
Cons
Weekly work hours vary with requests then not all weeks were 40 hr, Some cleanliness conditions of family homes were challenging for me, only hourly pay no other benefits
Slow paced and flexible work schedule
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYNovember 5, 2018
I like working here as I am able to choose the days and hours I work. However, I am often placed with different families which makes it difficult to fall into a routine. There is also no guarantee of how many hours you will work/when you will work, it depends on when a family needs you.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Non-guaranteed hours
Okay place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2018
Management basically only links you up with prospective clients. My manager found me one and then did not give any more after working there for a month despite good reviews and promising to do so.
Fun relaxes work place
NANNY (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 24, 2018
It’s a great company and you can set your own schedule. It has flexibility with your work hours and you meet a lot of great people in different job areas.
cn+t review
nanny/sitter/tutor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2018
management can be rude, not ajob for someone with real bills, perfect for college students who are just looking for extra cash butnot for college students who are independant and need a decent check.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours even for 5 star nannies
Best Job I Ever Had
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 23, 2018
If I could go back and work for them I would. Everyone was always so helpful and willing to work with your schedule. Plus I had the greatest Nanny Family.
bad experience
nanny (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 19, 2018
I was hired and met several times with management, did online training with HR, and completed hours of online orientation work/training. I completed all the forms + paperwork and was told I would hear back from the background check company and my manager in a few days- I was given no time frame of how long it would take. I was also aware that my refrences had already been called and everything was ‘perfect’. I waited over a week after I completed my part of the check and then reached out to my manager multiple times over the next week with no response. I contacted the only other number I had which was HR and explained the situation over text & left a voicemail but again recieved no reply. I’ve never dealt with such an unproffesional company and would not recommend applying with them to avoid a similar situation.
Cons
management
Fun job to work if you're looking for an additional or temporary job
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAOctober 4, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with CNST. I had great managers who were always able to work with me on any issues and quick to respond. The families that I worked with and built relationships with in my time with CNST were terrific as well. I am thankful for the opportunities I was given to interact with their children and impact their lives. I was a caregiver for over a year and a half and enjoyed my time with CNST up until the end when I realized it was not a sustainable job for me and I needed more; more hours, more pay, and more interaction with people who were adults.
Pros
Flexible hours, great management, very responsive
Cons
Under payed, not consistent, not enough hours, too far of a commute
Great management communication, meant for someone with an open schedule.
Family Nanny (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 1, 2018
CNS+T was a great company to work with if you love children. Their management and communication with their clients and employees are awesome. It was difficult for me to get a continues schedule with a steady income because I had a school schedule that conflicted with families schedule, but I did get some great hours and met a lot of people.
Good place.
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 20, 2018
This is a great agency to look into if you are not wanting to put your child in daycare, BUT if a nanny gets sick there usually is not any coverage so you will be left to fend for yourself.
Pros
Management is amazing
Cons
not enough staff
Learning
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MASeptember 14, 2018
I was able to place nannies with families in need and I also met a large diversity of people. I worked with many good families and nanny candidates. It was an enjoyable companyz
Inspiring and motivating work enviroment
Nanny/Role Model (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYSeptember 10, 2018
A typical day at work includes me bonding with the families and their children. I learned how to manage my time efficiently and how to be proactive in impulsive situations. The work culture was very family oriented and for the most part stress free. The hardest part of the job was balancing school work and making sure not to forget to fill out all paperwork necessary after each family visit. The most enjoyable part of the job was having families requesting me to work with them.
Almost guaranteed job
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 3, 2018
The families you work with vary-they can be really great or the opposite. The management is constantly changing and they don't show that they care for their employees. Overall, i loved the families I worked for, but the management and company were awful which is why I left.
Best part were the families
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 30, 2018
Overall, College Nannies and Tutors was there when I needed a job but knowing that they make almost as much per hour as the nanny makes is infuriating. These families are paying $17-20/per hour of care and nannies are making $10/per hour before taxes. There are times where management will call you late the night before an on call family needs care and send you to a place that they have never vetted and into the home of a family that they have never met. After the time spent with the on call families, there is no follow up from CN&T with the nanny to see if this family was pleasant, house was welcoming and clean, kids were okay, etc. I had nanny positions on the side from word of mouth that paid $15-25/hour under the table with the same wonderful types of families.
Pros
Wonderful Families and kids
Cons
Terrible compensation and follow up
Fun place to work with mostly independent work environment
Learning Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at college nannies and tutors for the amount of independence allowed to tutors when it came to deciding how to tutor each student. Management was fine, but it is very challenging to have shifts covered when ill. Workplace culture is positive with encouraging tutors and sufficient encouragement from management.
Pros
Snacks, coffee
Cons
No breaks
had problems with schedule from the start
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 22, 2018
i feel like they hire anyone and i was not given adequate training. also, they lock in availability 2 weeks out so you can’t pull any even for on-call. also, i was called demanding for asking for one day off per week. if you get a good family it’s worth sticking with but other than that i’d look elsewhere.
Pros
good families use the service
Cons
schedule, availability, company attitude
Full of fun activities
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAAugust 19, 2018
It was a fun job where I got to play with the children everyday.
The best part where there families I got to work for everyday.
The hardest part was being on-call. My hours were never the same and I was never guaranteed hours at any given time.
Pros
it was a very fun job
Cons
no healthcare, unsteady hours
great job if you love kids
College Nanny (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 13, 2018
as mentioned, great job if you love kids and taking care of them. compensation is excellent for a job of this type. if you get lucky like i did, the parent(s) may even pay for the expenses of wherever you take the child(ren).
Pros
work pace, pay
Cons
the people sometimes
Fun work place
Sitter (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 10, 2018
I enjoyed how I could create my own schedule. Most of the kids were well behaved and fun to be with. The management was nice and welcoming. The downside is that I only got payed half of what the families were paying for me to be there. Also, I got payed the same amount per hour no matter how many kids I had to take care of. So, I got payed the same for caring for one child as I did for caring for 3 children.
Pros
Fun, build own schedule
Cons
Pay
Great
Full-time Nanny / Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 6, 2018
College Nannies is a wonderful place to work! I have been exposed to multiple cultures and backgrounds of different families, and love to work with new children of all ages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Nannies + Tutors. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight