College Nannies + Tutors Employee Reviews

great job if you love kids
College Nanny (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 13, 2018
as mentioned, great job if you love kids and taking care of them. compensation is excellent for a job of this type. if you get lucky like i did, the parent(s) may even pay for the expenses of wherever you take the child(ren).
Pros
work pace, pay
Cons
the people sometimes
Fun work place
Sitter (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 10, 2018
I enjoyed how I could create my own schedule. Most of the kids were well behaved and fun to be with. The management was nice and welcoming. The downside is that I only got payed half of what the families were paying for me to be there. Also, I got payed the same amount per hour no matter how many kids I had to take care of. So, I got payed the same for caring for one child as I did for caring for 3 children.
Pros
Fun, build own schedule
Cons
Pay
Great
Full-time Nanny / Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 6, 2018
College Nannies is a wonderful place to work! I have been exposed to multiple cultures and backgrounds of different families, and love to work with new children of all ages.
Gave my life to this company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  KansasJuly 29, 2018
Worked hard/always available for this company and won awards 4 years in a row only to be laid off 2 months after winning manager of the year. Had bought a new house 2 months prior with the agreement i would still have a job to afford the house. Owner made poor person financial and had to choose between me or her husband divorcing her.
Pros
Flexible schedule, but was also made aware i needed to make up time
Cons
No loyalty after 8 year and winning manager of the year 4 months prior, or respect for giving enough notice so we wouldn’t have moved into new house.
Underpaid and underappreciated
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2018
No matter how hard you work, you are underpaid and under appreciated. When you earn any sort of bonus that you work very hard for it takes more effort than needed to receive it. Very slow, not many hours. I once showed up to a house where there were 5 kids and I was the only nanny. No warning or anything. And I only receive the same as if there was only 1 child.
Pros
small bonuses
Cons
not a lot of hours
Should Have Quit Before I Started
Sitter/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2018
Would not recommend this job.

#1. Hiring process/training rushed
#2. Flexibility is an illusion when managers are on you for more hrs constantly
#3. All positions have high turnover! From managers on down...

Don't join or you'll find out why quick.
cnt
Childcare provider (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2018
on call job, sometimes you get hours ahead of time but, they do not respond to previous employees that have resigned to verify employment for future employers and do not return general phone calls.
Flexible
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 16, 2018
Flexible with your schedule.
Opportunity to increase your hours if you want.
Convenience of having the company to be able to send a replacement nanny on days you take off.
Fun job with flexible hours!
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 9, 2018
I needed a job that could be flexible with my schedule because I'm a film student who has to go on set and participate in extracurriculurs. College Nannies and Tutors is flexible and fun.
Pros
Fun, great families, nice kids
Great place to work!
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
The families are all really friendly to work with, they are amazing at communicating with the nannies, and they are faithful to the needs of the company.
Cool first job
Nanny and Tutor for kids (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2018
Get job especially for people that are in college looking for a little cash to make during some down time. The kids are always great and fun to be around! The company also understands that we all still have school and makes sure that it will always comes first which also comes with flexible hours .
Pros
Work whenever VERY flexible hours!!
Exciting fun and challenging experience
Nanny (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 27, 2018
College nannies is an exciting company to work for if you are passionate with working with children from ages 1 month to 12 years old of diverse cultures. I have connected with some of the most awesome families throughout the bay area. The hardest part of this job is driving in traffic.
Pros
able to create my own work schedule
Cons
no health care benefits nor paid vacation time, low salary
Very on your own job
SITTER (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 25, 2018
Working with College Nannies + Tutors you make your own availability schedule and you enter your own time but it's all through an app which is very nice. It is a fun place to work, you meet a ton off amazing families and spend time with awesome kids.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Don't have set hours a week
Great for a Student who loves Kids
On-Call Nanny (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2018
I started working here when I first moved to AZ. It allowed me to get acquainted with the city. I met a lot of people and got to play with A LOT of kids. It is a great. flexible job
No benefits
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 20, 2018
I loved my job, and could make my own schedule, however they didn’t offer health insurance so I had to find something else. I feel as though nannies are underpaid and the company charged 20$ and hour to families and gave us half.
Job opportunity to work with children
Child Care (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 18, 2018
This job is the best job i have had since working. However there is a lot of traveling. If you get a placement with a family, you have to commute to the designated house. One good thing about it is that they will give you some money back on transportation after the first fifteen miles.
Great one on one
Nanny/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 13, 2018
I like this job because it was hands on. I was able to work with different families and learned new things along the way that would help me in the childcare industry.
Work around your schedule
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 12, 2018
You create your own schedule and tell when you are available to work. Everything is easy and done electronically online or through the app. The overall company is great and so are the families that work with them.
Pros
create your schedule
Cons
long shifts sometimes
Good Temp job or on the side
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 8, 2018
Choose your own hours, but not guaranteed hours. Management works with you pretty well. Get to accept or decline shifts but management doesn't like it if you decline.
Pros
Choose your hours
Cons
Not guaranteed set hours per week
Fun families but bad management
Nanny/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJune 6, 2018
When I interviewed I was under the impression that there were a lot of families located around my area and those would be the families I would nanny for but that wasn't the case. I was constantly working very far from my work and school and the pay for gas wasn't work it. When I asked to be placed closer, management told me that all the work is located far. Every paycheck I received from the company was wrong and I was shorted money..EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Pros
convenient
Cons
bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Nannies + Tutors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight