College Possible Employee Reviews

Service position organized as a corporate structure
High School Coach (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 25, 2018
This nonprofit is staffed by full time AmeriCorps Service members. The overall mission of the company is admirable, but it is managed as a corporate structure and service members are treated as if they were salaried employees with full benefits. Since that is not the case, and we are basically volunteers, it can lead to burnout and dissatisfaction. Despite this, I learned a wide range of skills including teaching, mentoring, counseling, data input and analysis, event planning, community and family outreach, mediation, college admissions and financial aid processes, and high school student motivational tactics. The hardest part was the hours and amount asked of service members with little guidance. The most enjoyable part was the relationships I was able to form with my students and fellow AmeriCorps members.
Pros
Relationships, meaningful work
Cons
Workplace culture, benefits, hours
Not Bad
College Possible Coach (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 11, 2017
Very rewarding work that allows you to gain invaluable experience in education and non-profit work. Hours are long and pay is low, but the service you provide makes it all worth it.
the hardest part of the job
CollegePoint Coach (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 17, 2017
making ends meet on americorps stipend is a big challenge. If you're good at saving money in a normal position, the sacrifice to receive the $6k bonus for education at the end might not be worth your year if you're not passionate for the cause. (especially since that bonus is taxable income)
Makes college possible
Leadership Development (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 12, 2016
College possible is a college program. It isn't a job. It is a healthy environment to be in.
I've been with them since 9th grade. So, they are good at what they do. They help a lot with what I need.
Getting helped with filling out college applications
Student (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed being with a diverse group and surrounded by hard working people. College possible taught me that anything is possible and that I'm not in this alone. My coach is very supportive in the decisions I make and she makes sure I always meet my deadlines and check up on how I'm doing. I'm thankful and grateful for her assistance.
Very fun place to work
Minnesota, Senior Coach (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisMay 9, 2015
At College Possible, you can expect anything from working one on one with students, to teaching, to doing presentation for school administration to recruiting students, to data analysis.
My Co-workers are very supportive, service oriented, and hard working.
Pros
Supportive environment, result oriented, fun place to work
Cons
Productive work with College Possible.
Student (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 20, 2014
College Possible is a program that helps students get into college. My experience with College Possible started when I was a Junior in high school until my first year in college. During my Junior year in high school, we learned to build our resumes, visit colleges, applied for colleges, prepped for the ACT, and volunteered throughout the entire year. Joining this program has been an educational experience. The coaches are always welcoming and so far it's been great.
Positive and life-changing place to work.
Junior Coach, Northwest Magnet High School (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 4, 2014
College Possible has been an incredible first out-of-college job! I really feel that the work I do through this organization is influencing low-income high school students. Management and fellow co-workers really care about the work that I do and provide a great support system.
Pros
Healthcare, free meals, two-week winter vacation
Cons
Extensive work hours, little time off during the school year
very supportive
college possible program  (Former Employee) –  saint paul mnMay 7, 2013
supportive in helping make sure you know your work
gave great info on colleges
enjoyable coaches
happy environment

Changing the lives of 40 high school students sound intruiging? Work for College Possible
High School Coach, Harding Senior High School (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 3, 2013
This is simply a great place to work as a first job out of college. It has changed my career path, and I have made invaluable contacts within the education and nonprofit industries. The hours are long, the pay is low, but the mission is worth it. Find out more at collegepossible.org
This is not a job.
Member (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 10, 2013
College possible is a program which helps high school students prepare for the act and making good college choices. It gears them for the life after high school, constantly having help anytime they need it.