College of American Pathologists Culture reviews

Great Place to Work
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILApril 13, 2019
My supervisor was relaxed and truly cared about his employees, while still meeting and exceeding goals. The CAP is a relaxed worm environment while still meeting KPIs.
Poor job culture
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Northfield, ILJanuary 23, 2019
This company needs to apply efforts on building teams, working together within departments and with other departments. Managers need to get out on the floor and engage with staff. Start developing relationships. Employees are anxious to retire and won't have fond memories here. Stop hiding behind email communications. Start actually managing and investing in staff. Self-serving individuals do not serve well in leadership roles and there are plenty of them at CAP.

This company only looks good in profits, however, quite dysfunctional within the doors. Their leadership type programs and constantly
bombarding employees with surveys are NOT working when managers are not applying what they are learning when they get back to their offices.

Invest in an effective HR team.

Implement projects and new processes when ready and not prematurely. Technology is lacking. Reach out to employees as to what's working well and what's not.
Pros
Close to the city.
Cons
Poor job culture and leaders
Great Work and Helping the Healthcare world.
Administrative Assistant / Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northfield ILMarch 12, 2018
I loved working at CAP. Great people and culture. Very good work life balance. no place is perfect but a wonderful place to work and helping the world of Pathology move into the forefront of the lives of people.
Pros
work life balance - great pay very good benefits
Cons
a few negative Nellies but you just need to push past them and go after what you want!
Wonderful Work/Life Balance
Materials Data Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Northfield, ILNovember 28, 2017
The typical day for my position usually starts with basic production work on product specifications along with vendor reports. Working closely with our Technical/Operations teams to ensure the products are set up correctly. I learned very valuable organizational and workflow skills during my tenure. The importance of process control and management was highly prioritized for the company goals for ISO standards. The culture of the company is very geared toward work/life balance with very flexible scheduling when needed and work from home options for most of the department staff. The hardest part of the job for me would be the reactive nature that occurs at times and the reliance we have for external vendors to provide the materials we specified. There are limited advancement opportunities because there is low staff turnover with the smaller size company and many of those tenured employees compete for the same opportunities when they do arise. The most enjoyable part of my job is the attention to detail one needs to ensure the accuracy of so many data points that affect so many areas of the company. The challenge of maintaining so many products and the quality is very rewarding for a very detail minded person like myself.
Pros
Plenty of Treat days, great insurance, work from home options
Cons
Small company size with many long tenured employees limits career advancement
was a good place
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 17, 2017
Calm, orderly atmosphere. Friendly team members. Many different opportunities in many parts of the organizatiton. Good variety of responsibilities. xx
Productive and very stressful
Infrastructure & Operations Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Northfield, ILSeptember 12, 2016
I have been working at College of American Pathologists for about four years, and I really don't have any commends about this Place..........!
Pros
Healthcare, Benefits
Cons
Excellent place to work with an equally excellent staff.
Member Marketing Coordinator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILAugust 17, 2016
Working for the CAP was an amazing and educational experience. In the year of my contract working with the college, I learned so many different aspects of marketing, including event coordination. Definitely a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Excellent work environment, wonderful team, benefits, great work/life balance
Considerable work independence and focus on customer satisfaction
Executive (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILFebruary 25, 2015
Considerable work independence and focus on customer satisfaction. CAP is undergoing significant change related to culture, information technology and response to the marketplace.
Cons
Work/life balance
Changing Culture
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Northfield, ILJuly 2, 2014
I have been employed with the College of American Pathologists for 12 years now. Overall it is fast past, productive, and comfortable place to work. The company is family oriented and offers flexibility to aid in work-life balance. Most of the employees are friendly however there are number who come off as bullies. The culture has changed and the company has become top heavy with management. In some areas of the company there is no room for growth.
Pros
Teleworking
Cons
No room for growth, management develpment, or coaching/mentoring programs
Great place
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILMay 15, 2013
Awesome place to work. Just like a home away from home. Management worked closely with you to make sure you were comfortable with new programs.
Productive work environment
Clinical Terminology Map Developer (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILApril 11, 2013
Easy going and productive work environment. Collaborative team efforts.
Pros
holiday party at pinstripes
Wonderful place to work...personally and professionally rewarding, great people to work with and for!
Key Events/Executive Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILMarch 26, 2012
The College is devoted to enhancing the professional development of its members and promoting excellence in patient care. A truly wonderful group of co-workers, who exemplify the CAPs values.