College of Coastal Georgia Employee Reviews

Not my best placement
Cashier/Front of House (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 13, 2019
Working with the College of Coastal Georgia was a variety of minimal task pertaining to stocking presentation greeting guest problem solving an initiating other team members mostly to stay busy. Supervisor behaviors are behind the scenes dealing with paperwork phone calls Etc staff members have to stay busy in order to stay on top of things and have task completed by the closing hour. Hourly log sheets for each department is mandatory refusal subjects to a write-up which accumulates rapidly in ANY situation.
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Everyone's personal business
Interesting work environment and fun people to work with
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GADecember 3, 2018
Living at the dorms I was NEVER off the clock officially, at any time if someone were to knock on my door at that moment I am at work. I learned to communicate with college students and teach them life skills. In addition to understanding housing policies and enforcing them when necessary. There were also on-call periods in which everything must be dropped if the phone rings to provide adequate assistance.
Pros
Free housing and meal plan
Cons
poor management and no compassion to life altering events
Great Place for Self-motivated People
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GASeptember 18, 2018
This position gave me the independence to use my skills in a way that best suited the students within the classroom. It provided a sense of self-success to students and to myself.
Programming Board
Member of LGBT Alliance (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 20, 2018
It was fun and provided much experience in planning events and listening to consumers. Very good way to be introduced to the student life and fellow peers.
Pros
Travel
Fast paced environment which challenged workers to multitask and adapt to changes
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 18, 2018
Working as a supplemental instructor was a rewarding experience, which allows one to learn new methods of overcoming challenges and adapting on the fly to student's needs on various subjects. Working part time while going to school full time and attempting to maintain exceptional grade is demanding however if you do not enjoy helping others this job is not for you.
Pros
Helping others, teaching experiance
Cons
High degree of demand on your time.
learned so much
Biological Science Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 30, 2018
Great place to work I really enjoyed the lab atmosphere and learned so much through experience/training. There was alot to do on a daily basis but it was laid back with a list of jobs and just marked off as completed
Excellent college to teach for!
Adjunct Professor, Methods (Current Employee) –  Online ProfessorMay 25, 2018
While I don't get offered enough work to work ONLY at CCGA, the environment is wonderful as are the other professors and administration! I am always supported and encouraged in my teaching assignments and methods.
Public Education
Human Resources Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 14, 2018
Posting jobs and enrolling employees in their selective benefits

The culture is laid back.

Screening applications.

Being able to assist students and citizens with finding a job at the college.
Pros
Cons
Pay and Benefits are costly
Easy and comfortable
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAFebruary 20, 2018
I worked at the school because I was able to get homework done and work at the same time. It made it really easy to get things done. and I was able to learn new things while being there.
Work around your schedule and are very understanding
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 23, 2018
They allow you to work around your school schedule and the management is very understanding as well as being able to freely message them about anything is great. The downside is that you have to be attending the college in order to work there.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant for Student Services (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 23, 2018
I worked in the Student Services department helping with Students with disabilities. This was not only a part time job to me, it was fulfilling. I was able to help students, help with student mental health events.
great place to work
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GADecember 16, 2017
a wonderful job to have as a student while getting your degree. they're flexible and allow you to focus on your school work first and foremost. sad i had to leave, but i enjoyed my time there thoroughly
Pros
almost everything
Cons
20/hr/week cap
Great Job
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 6, 2017
I love working as a computer lab assistant. If you love helping others with their technology problems then this would be a great job for you. On a day to day basis I typically help students with learning how to print and other issues that come along with technology. Most of the students are very friendly and open to learn.
Pros
Helping Others, Breaks, Able to work on school work.
Cons
Rush Hours
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 31, 2017
Take out trash, sweep, mop, clean bathrooms and classrooms. Mainly independent work. Staff is wonderful and very helpful. It's a very easy job ad long as you get your work done.
Excellent place to work
Landscape Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 23, 2017
Good place to work. Fast paced. Close work community. 4 Year institution that is very hands on and student driven. Good communication between all of the faculty, staff, and students
Excellent
Project Director (Current Employee) –  1 College DriveAugust 1, 2017
I felt comfortable, relaxed and happy filing this survey. This is a place to work and people are amazing. Hours are optimum and days are reasonable rewarding.
Awesome place to work
Coordinator of Tutor and Technology Services (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 19, 2017
The College of Coastal Georgia is a great work environment. The salary is not what it should be in comparison to other colleges. This is an area that is need of desperate improvement.
productive, fun, friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 13, 2017
Overall this job was very quick paced, but the people I worked with were very friendly and never hesitated to help me when I was struggling with some of the work.
Amazing group of students and staff with an eagerness to learn and teach
Vice-President of Student Government (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 12, 2017
My leadership skills as a Vice-President of the Student Government Association were honed and developed in a fun-filled yet responsible job that represented thousands of students. I learned as much as possible and felt that I was able to give back to my fellow students. It was a very successful time of my life and I gained many valuable friends.
Great Support from Colleagues
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 23, 2017
Great support from colleagues, but minimal pay for part time faculty with little hope of advancement without a PhD. No benefits, but amazing people to work with and a great place to work long-term if you're okay with unstable income.