College of Healthcare Professions Employee Reviews

Stepping Stool
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2018
This company will prepare you for your next steps and challenges in life. you will need to learn the basics of education and the industry.This company have a way of find your true talents and using it for their gain.
Pros
you will get to practice your craft and grow in the education industry.
Cons
you will work hard for little reconition
Workplace Culture
LMRT Instructor (Former Employee) –  4248 North Fwy, Fort Worth, TX 76106September 14, 2018
The majority of the staff are awesome. There is allot of team work and support. The managers are very fair and will do everything in their power to help as situations arise. The only major fault is is generated by the amount of administrative work and the amount of time you have to complete it. This creates a great deal of stress for the majority of instructors on staff. Speaking for myself, I enjoyed my time at CHCP. The staff and the students are great and the fulfillment of helping students advance their economic opportunities thru training is intrinsically rewarding. The only thing that's a negative is the time structure for some courses and administrative work.
Pros
Great culture in the staff
Cons
Time compression for administrative duties and some courses
Chcp
Senior Student Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2018
Great work place to gain knowledge and experience. Diverse culture, with the potential to grow. I have worked for CHCP for three years and I am very proud to be apart of a company that continues to grow and care about the community and their students.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Awesome place to work if your single, and have no bills
Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2018
5 years required in related field to apply.
Associate instructor for small classes geared toward career training.
Management is good as long as they stay hired.
Campus president was replace 2 times in a year.
day or night classes only if you have the enrollment numbers to keep you working.
Director of education replacement 2 times in a year.
Many of the instructors and faculty have been employed at other schools that have closed due to compliance issues, then get hired and want to revamp the entire operations manual.
Funding did not seem even across the board for supplies and Lab setting equipment. If a course was the hot item, they received all the attention and marketing.
Pros
Class feild trips in related feild, training w/ lunch provided
Cons
restrictions on benifits till hired full time, hours restricted due to course compliance
Something to be Desired
Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2018
The politics at this college are one of the hardest part of the day. Management is not supportive of preventing employees' hostile work environment. Program Directors are given the power of God when it comes to making decisions. The director cannot be bothered by any issues. The hours are excessive, the advancements are non-existant, and the pay is the lowest of any college in the area.
It was a very productive and very educational place of employment
Dental Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2018
It was a great entry level of Dental Instructor and a wonderful experience. Gaining the experience of being an effective dental instructor. I had a great supervisor who was willing to help in time of need and explained how to deal with any issues that would arise. I enjoyed my students and how they became a team and learn to work together as a unit. Grading was not hard just having time to get it done in a workday.
Pros
Experience of being an effective instructor
Truly student-centric
Nursing Faculty (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
This is my third private higher education school to work for. The management and leadership here are truly concerned about student success. Previous schools seemed more concerned about filling seats and revenue. While those are concerns at most private facilities, they are not the priority here at CHCP. The priority is to transform student lives into becoming medical professionals.
Pros
Resources
Cons
Commute!
Fun and Fast Paced
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2018
This is a very rewarding position. This is a fast paced critical thinking environment. Passion, a care for others, and developed communication skills are vital to succeed in this profession.
No Training
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2018
High turn over with no training provided. New management expected to enroll students with cold leads as old as 5 years. Wonderful coworkers very nice people. Too many changes no one is on the same page for rules and polices. everyone is all over the place. No job security.
Pros
co workers large breakroom snacks food
Cons
no training high turn over
Very stressfull
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2018
Management is the ONLY issue!!! They are all on power trips!!! I left on a good note with a letter of recommendation however i left because of the ghetto MA program director ( mind you they go through these like water)
CHCP is a great place to work!
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2018
My average day is very fast paced and data driven. We have been named "Best Place to Work" for the last three years running. It is a very good place to build your career.
Pros
Rewarding work
Great company
Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2018
They really do have a passion for helping students achieve their goal of higher education! Great school and company to work for! They care about work life balance, the tuition is all inclusive, the staff really go out of their way to remain a united team.
Must be adaptable and flexible to change
Senior Director of Career Services (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2018
The opportunity to be a part of the ripple effect of changing lives, while feeling valued in my own passion and hard work ethic is something that has rarely been replicated by other positions I've held. I can't think of a more rewarding career than helping others obtain their own career success while connecting with our community as well as the growing healthcare industry here in Austin.

To be successful when working to help our demographic, you must thrive on being challenged, while being flexible, adaptable, supportive and a consistent positive team player. There is no such thing as "down time" when you're helping to change lives!

Advice to Management
Keep a pulse on the workforce bandwidth to effectively support our growth mindset. At times we feel grossly under staffed, and frequently over worked. The quality of our customer service to our students, our employers, our community and each other suffers when that happens.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Productive and great place to work! We have the ability to transform the lives of students. One student at a time!
Director of Career Services (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2018
I would recommend this job to others. There is room for growth and advancement. Training is available to all!! We are very involved with Community Outreach. When students complete their education, they have the ability to start their Careers. CHCP's core value is based on ICARE!
I - Innovation
C- Commitment
A -Accountability
R - Respect
E - Excellence
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
No cons! Love it at CHCP
Awful
Program Director/Instuctor (Former Employee) –  Ft. WorthMarch 9, 2018
I helped start up the school in Ft. Worth. At first everything was exciting. But then the monster came out... I worked my butt off without any appreciation. I was just given more work, more hours, and more responsibilits, The management was cut throat, played games, and acted like she was in high school. I lost my love for my career due to this place. It was my dream job, until I worked here.
Pros
enjoyed the students
Cons
Enjoyed helping students advance their life and careers
Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2018
This was an enjoyable job. Very busy, but rewarding. I learned about compliance when marketing a school. Open to new advertising ideas. Worked with some great and fun co-workers. Enjoyed helping staff at the campuses reach or excel in their recruiting efforts. I did not enjoy the fact that employment was tied to budget fluctuations.
Pros
Management would listen to new ideas
Terrible program director
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
I loved working with the students, but hated the program director. Micromanaging, condescending, interfered with my ability to work with students. This program director has no people skills and should not be in management.
no one ever stays!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2018
constantly having a turn-over due to the leadership on this campus! only one employee had been with company at this location for longer than 3 years! The campus director was the WORST MANAGER EVER!
Productive Work place
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2018
Competitive job culture but lots of fun
Good management
Long work days but students often have needs
Great students
Devoted faculty members
Fair management team
Pros
Salary
Cons
Annual raises
There is no room for growth and advancement
Accounting Specialist/ Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2018
Great working environment with low pay and there is no room for growth and advancement plus too much politics at work. Executives only for themselves.
Pros
students, coworkers
Cons
low pay, poor mamgement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of Healthcare Professions. Our community is ready to answer.

College of Healthcare Professions Reviews by Location