College of Healthcare Professions Employee Reviews

It was a very productive and very educational place of employment
Dental Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2018
It was a great entry level of Dental Instructor and a wonderful experience. Gaining the experience of being an effective dental instructor. I had a great supervisor who was willing to help in time of need and explained how to deal with any issues that would arise. I enjoyed my students and how they became a team and learn to work together as a unit. Grading was not hard just having time to get it done in a workday.
Pros
Experience of being an effective instructor
Truly student-centric
Nursing Faculty (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
This is my third private higher education school to work for. The management and leadership here are truly concerned about student success. Previous schools seemed more concerned about filling seats and revenue. While those are concerns at most private facilities, they are not the priority here at CHCP. The priority is to transform student lives into becoming medical professionals.
Pros
Resources
Cons
Commute!
No Training
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2018
High turn over with no training provided. New management expected to enroll students with cold leads as old as 5 years. Wonderful coworkers very nice people. Too many changes no one is on the same page for rules and polices. everyone is all over the place. No job security.
Pros
co workers large breakroom snacks food
Cons
no training high turn over
Great company
Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2018
They really do have a passion for helping students achieve their goal of higher education! Great school and company to work for! They care about work life balance, the tuition is all inclusive, the staff really go out of their way to remain a united team.
no one ever stays!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2018
constantly having a turn-over due to the leadership on this campus! only one employee had been with company at this location for longer than 3 years! The campus director was the WORST MANAGER EVER!
Terrible program director
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
I loved working with the students, but hated the program director. Micromanaging, condescending, interfered with my ability to work with students. This program director has no people skills and should not be in management.
Productive Work place
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2018
Competitive job culture but lots of fun
Good management
Long work days but students often have needs
Great students
Devoted faculty members
Fair management team
Pros
Salary
Cons
Annual raises
Horrible
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  HOUSTONMarch 11, 2018
They are terrible to their staff. More concerned about the money. They fire at anytime and you are constantly worried about losing your job. Look somewhere else
Pros
helping students
Cons
Everything else
There is no room for growth and advancement
Accounting Specialist/ Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2018
Great working environment with low pay and there is no room for growth and advancement plus too much politics at work. Executives only for themselves.
Pros
students, coworkers
Cons
low pay, poor mamgement
Awful
Program Director/Instuctor (Former Employee) –  Ft. WorthMarch 9, 2018
I helped start up the school in Ft. Worth. At first everything was exciting. But then the monster came out... I worked my butt off without any appreciation. I was just given more work, more hours, and more responsibilits, The management was cut throat, played games, and acted like she was in high school. I lost my love for my career due to this place. It was my dream job, until I worked here.
Pros
enjoyed the students
Cons
Productive and great place to work! We have the ability to transform the lives of students. One student at a time!
Director of Career Services (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2018
I would recommend this job to others. There is room for growth and advancement. Training is available to all!! We are very involved with Community Outreach. When students complete their education, they have the ability to start their Careers. CHCP's core value is based on ICARE!
I - Innovation
C- Commitment
A -Accountability
R - Respect
E - Excellence
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
No cons! Love it at CHCP
Enjoyed helping students advance their life and careers
Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2018
This was an enjoyable job. Very busy, but rewarding. I learned about compliance when marketing a school. Open to new advertising ideas. Worked with some great and fun co-workers. Enjoyed helping staff at the campuses reach or excel in their recruiting efforts. I did not enjoy the fact that employment was tied to budget fluctuations.
Pros
Management would listen to new ideas
The worst
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Do not waste your time here, their retention is embarrassing and they don’t treat you fairly. Management sucks and no room for growth. They lie and scam not only you but the students.
Excellent team of folks!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2018
This company’s is very growth mindset oriented and conscious. I’ve worked in many environments and I find this one to be one most rewarding. I really enjoy the ongoing personal development classes. There is flexibility and accountability.
Pros
Fair pay and flexible
Cons
Can’t think of any off hand.
Receptionist/Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Good Place to work , but the split working hours are not working for me. I need to be on a consistant schedule Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm. The pay is ok, but with my many years of experience I should be making more. Time off is measured by hrs accrued every pay period.
Pros
1 hours luch
If I could rate no stars I would.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Long, tedious hours with micromanaging supervisors forcing you to scam people into going to school and taking their money. If you don’t make the cut and get enough students, you’re out. Turn over rate is ridiculous, ten people gone within one month. They’ll fire you without warning and throw your stuff away. Thank goodness I got out of there in time.
Pros
One hour lunch and a few coworkers were beautiful people
Cons
Everything else
Low pay, do not care about the students enough to keep or get qualified staff.
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2017
Low pay, do not care about the students enough to keep or get qualified staff. Low moral of staff. Management does not do anything to keep adjunct staff motivated. Adjunct staff seems to be nonessential.
Pros
students, coworkers
Cons
low pay, poor mamgement
Review
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2017
Daily work was awesome!!!
I got to work with amazing people, and my manager was excellent. Teaching was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better place to work, and the people made it very special.
Wonderful place to work
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2017
I worked for CHCP for almost 8 years. Very student oriented and very ethical place to work. The students leave CHCP with the skills necessary to land an entry level position in the health care field. As an Admissions Advisor, I was able to watch them every step of the way. No job is perfect but certain jobs are worth any challenge you face. This is one of them. Keep your eye on the reason you do what you do and you will succeed.
Pros
Student success and co-workers
Needs much improvement
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2017
I was informed shortly after I began working there that they had been through 2 presidents, 3 ST program directors, and 5 instructors within the last year. That should say it all. There was no orientation, I was given a class to teach with no materials to teach it. Lack of leadership, training and Pay. Too bad these students pay such a high price for low quality education. Diploma mill and assessment for students to see if they should even be in a program. Need to set these students up for success ~ not a large student loan debt and not adequately preparing them for the real world.
Cons
No breaks, no leadership, lack of necessary tools to teach students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of Healthcare Professions. Our community is ready to answer.

College of Healthcare Professions Reviews by Location