College of Southern Nevada Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
ADJUNCT FACULTY AND LAB INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2018
I believe that the CSN is one of the best places where I have worked and it is a place of intellectual growth and a pleasant environment to work, it is super equipped with new technology and as a teacher I am satisfied in this company.
Fun place to work
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2018
This is a great place to work. Fun environment. You work with a lot of students helping them to understand the things they stress out about the most. Job is a great a place to be and you will learn a lot
Collaborative teaching setting
Nursing Faculty (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2018
A good place to start as an educator, but faculty do not get compensated adequately for the work they put in.

Faculty get to know their students and genuinely make efforts to help students succeed.

Much collaboration occurs between faculty.
Pros
Collaboration between faculty and students
Cons
Not adequately compensated
A great work place with lots of perk!
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2018
Challenging work environment, an environment that allows a team member to operate at their most productive level, amiable workplace, with a satisfying jobs for years. A great brand, culture, and positive work attitude. A working environment where questions are encourage and answers are provided to the questions as every member of the community moves the college forward.

This is a working environment that does not observe walls or closed doors or enclosed cubicles; that foster team building events, inspire cooperation and mutual corporation.
Pros
Lots of perks.
Cons
Healthcare, Amiable workplace.
I was a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2018
Loved my classes, I had great professors. I was a single mom as well so I did have to juggle life and school but it was worth it. i even was able to make life long friends.
Pros
great school
Cons
Nice place to work for I learned how and what students go through and how they want to succeed
Administrative Assistant, (Student Worker) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2018
Although I've worked in the medical field for years, It was a pleasure working and assisting the students. My passion is helping people. I worked in the student government department and I had to do a lot of multitasking.
Excellent Part-Time Job
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2018
Overall I enjoyed my experience teaching with CSN. The students made the work fulfilling. My one complaint was that the schedule had long breaks between sessions.
Excellent Company and Coworkers
Writing, English, and History Tutor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2017
This is just one of the best places to work. Can it be hard and stressful? Sure, at times, but most of the time things are so great that you often have to ask if you are working or just hanging out with friends.
Pros
Easy Schedule, Set Schedule
Cons
No full time positions
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2017
Management was very uplifting and you learn something new everyday.

I worked well with others and I liked the idea of helping students register for school and to navigate through the CSN system. Upon helping other students, I helped myself with the ability to register for classes.
Rewarding work
Adjunct Instructor ESL (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2017
I teach 3 to 6 hours per week in a department that is very supportive and organized. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is the interaction with students from around the world, and the salary is competitive with similar institutions. The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to the students at the end of the semester.
Pros
Good support for students
Cons
None to think of
Good job for those in school
Testing Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2017
Everyone is great to work with and the majority of management is more than happy to work around your schedule as long as you give them notice. However, you are limited in upward mobility and total working time.
Writing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2017
A great place to work but the hr per week weren't enough. It was a part time position but the budget was cut during the semester and hrs were reduced.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Not enough hours
working for CSN
its called a LOA (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89102September 12, 2017
I love working at CSN. I have gotten to stretch my abilities in places I had no idea I could go. For that I will be forever grateful to my boss . My only negative is this is not a full time position and because of that I have no benefits or vacation or ill days. That and the system only pays monthly not bi weekly as I am used to . Other than that I truly enjoy being there and appreciate the subjects and students that have enriched my life so much.
Pros
able to teach a wide variety of subjects
Cons
no benefits and pay is monthly
I am student at College of Southern Nevada
Student (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2017
I do not work at this place. I am student at College of Southern Nevada. I'm not sure why it keeps asking me about my "employment" here because I am not employed there.
Great supervisor, laid back work environment
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
I don't know about all the supervisors at CSN, but mine was awesome. She was understanding and helpful, always willing to assist me balance my personal and work life.
Pros
Easy work, good supervisors
Cons
Less than optimal pay.
Productive and Occupational Growth
Academic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2017
This is a great institution for occupational growth and training for professional advancement. I have been working at this institution for the past 9 years, as I have had much support from my supervisors and colleagues. I would highly recommend this institution to work for in cases of advancing professional, support, and job secruity.
Diverse student body made teaching exciting. I was able to teach English, ESL, German and Latin
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2017
The diverse student body made teaching exciting and fun. College administrators were often difficult to deal with. Works was often assigned or cancelled last minute. I was able to teach college level English to non-resident students, ESL, German and Latin which made teaching challenging but very enjoyable as well.
It was college not a job
Student (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2017
I was a full time student attempting to for a degree in the education field so could then become a teacher for high school students. I would have also liked to coach wrestling
Productive work place.
Basic Life Support Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2017
A very productive place to work. All faculty are very professional and courteous. The staff are a very diversified group of people from all backgrounds and discipline.
Disorganized
Part-Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2017
101 semester staff was not very friendly to a newbie. The program was disorganized. Not the program I graduated from but I loved teaching and the students! Pay was terrible for the amount of work. The experience for a new teacher was excellent!