College of Southern Nevada

College of Southern Nevada Employee Reviews

United States231 reviews
Great place to start higher education and can lead to many opportunities and growth. Learned a great a deal about myself and about the world from going to school.
Pros
Inexpensive, good staff
Cons
N/a
Great job and it was so fun and you work on computers and talk to teachers. I think its a great experience for anyone who likes IT and needs experience.
Pros
free
The institution has a lot farther to go in terms of ensuring equitable outcomes for the faculty staff and students in all areas including tenure track promotion and student success. There are a lot of certain voices that are deemed to be outcast when they expressed the truth about the toxic culture of the institution. A lot of department chairs should not be in their positions. The nepotistic practices in terms of hiring and promotion is so toxic it is a swap at the institution. The lack of real engagement and policy initiative to close the achievement gap for African-American students is a social justice nightmare at the College of Southern Nevada.
Pros
Needs improvement
Cons
Already stated
This job would be great if there were more professional people working there. There is a lot of workplace bullying going on here unfortunately. Be strong.
Pros
Chance to advance and if your a student your able to pick up skills and work full time.
Cons
Workplace bullying, rude, not only to coworkers but students as well.
I taught as an Adjunct there twice. There is no job security whatsoever and your classes will be taken away from you if you mention that they messed up your schedule. There is no seniority and there are no pay raises for adjuncts. Unless you kiss the butt of whomever is the one scheduling your classes (they have a different one for each main campus which is a serious problem!), you will get nothing.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Working at eFollet Bookstore was an interesting experience for me. The work environment, as well as the employees were relaxed and approachable. I adapted well to my job as a cashier, and also made new friends. The job did become fast-paced at times, but it wasn't too much of an issue for me.
Pros
Discounts on Text Books
Cons
No Discounts on Beauty products
I worked a normal day, it was a great place to work people are kind and helpful, very considerate and giving, many of them help you when you need help they work well with you when you need time off
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no cons
Great place to be if you love to teach. The best part of the job is the freedom to conduct the classroom as seen fit by professor. The bad part is not much room for advancement.
Great way to give back to the community; many students would not be able to attain a degree without this community college. Students are motivated learners.
The first job I ever had, the professional skills I developed while working for the College of Southern Nevada established my work ethic foundation. A typical day at work composed of insuring drawers were stocked with the necessary supplies and information booklets about the college, returning voicemails, emails, administering tours, and answering calls regarding general information about enrollment into the college. Management was led by the Administrative Assistant as well as the Recruitment Coordinator, and was a very inviting and welcoming place to work. From personal presentation to dress code, many lessons were learned and there was a very professional yet open work environment. The job was phenomenal, fun, and informative; this job provided me with real life experience into locating to schools to talk to students about their coming to college and how the process would work both in and out of the recruitment office. No part of the job was too difficult to overcome, and the team of ambassadors and recruiters were happily there to assist and help one another in a team-working, friendly environment.
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) is a public community college in Clark County, Nevada. The college has more than 2,500 teaching and non teaching staff and is the largest public college or university in Nevada. It is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education.
The students are great and the facilities are well equipped for teaching at the college level. There are full time and part-time instructors at the College but all are treated equally and that makes a big difference for us part-time instructors.
I worked 25 hrs a week at $12/hr and it was fantastic. The supervisors were very flexible and encouraging plus the other tutors were great too. It was a great environment to be in.
from the time I started i was made to feel a part of the team. everyone there was always checking on me and making sure that i was okay with what i was doing. asking me if i needed help. our boss even took us to lunch a few times.
Pros
Lovely environment to work
I attend classes at CSN. Never miss a day or you will fall behind. this is not a job its school classes homework and exams.
The class is fast and you will miss important information if you don't go to class.
I would think that this is a typical start off type job for a student just trying to get some hours while being able to complete their school work so that they can get good grades and succeed at the college but that's not the case.

When hired we were told that we could work on school work at our desk but couldn't be on our phones or have headphones in our ears which makes sense because of the fact that your working, but just a few weeks later everyone is constantly on their phones and eating food at the desks while not being called out on it. I was working on my school work and was told that this was inappropriate, which I then asked for clarification because they said that we could, and of course I was told not to do it because it sets a bad example, while everyone else was able to continue to do what they want. Being the only white person I realized I was being signaled out.

I later noticed that when I was given a compliment from a co-worker or student my own managers would instantly chime in saying how someone else a person of color or other ethnicity deserved to be complimented instead of me making me feel completely left out of the group even though the others hadn't even assisted the student or preformed the task that I had completed.

In my opinion, there are better opportunities out there so just keep looking and you'll find the right place for you.
When you work in a learning environment you are usually surrounded by patients and encouraging. However when you question authority you will be met with either deaf ears or retribution.
Working for a community college can be very rewarding and will assist you to grow in your career goals. They offer paid tuition along with all of the other benefits.
A fun place to work but little chance, if any for advancement. Being an adjunct instructor, I only had about 12 hours a week. That was then cut to 10.5 due to budget cuts. Not a lot of money but quite a bit of benchmark expectation.
Pros
Students are great to work with.
Cons
Very few hours. Not a lot of communication between admin and staff.
The team that I'm assigned to are very nice professional but genuine and very nice people which make the work environment pleasant. As a team we all are operating with the one goal which is to assist our customers with finding fulltime IT opportunities.
I love teaching students skills they can use to better their lives. I did not take this job for the pay. It's the email from former students about getting a new or better job that drives me.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of Southern Nevada. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
4.3
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
2.0Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight