College of Southern Nevada Employee Reviews for Instructor

Very difficult to get classes to teach
Part time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2019
As a part time Adjunct faculty It is very difficult to get more than one per semester at CSN..Also, the pay for Adjunct faculty is extremely low in comparison to other states such as California where the compensation is nearly two and a half times more..
Pros
nice campuses
Cons
low pay
Great School
HSE Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2019
Great school at College of Southern Nevada. The school and courses are overall great. The program is truly intense (the most challenging thing as far as academics that I have ever endured.
Pros
Great School
Great Exprerience
Part-Time Instructor, Veterinary Technology (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 15, 2019
I was able to learn, gain and strengthen my skills, and I enjoyed working with the students. The full-time staff was very knowledgeable and helpful with anything I needed.
Pros
Great Working environment
Cons
Wonderful, collaborative employees and students
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2019
As an adjunct (part-time) instructor, there is a great deal of freedom with scheduling courses that you will teach (this depends on which department you work for) and you are contracted by semester, so flexibility of your schedule is one of the best aspects of working at CSN. Faculty and administration are kind, helpful, collaborative, and there are many professional development opportunities. The students at CSN are serious about their academic careers and for the most part are focused on their studies and achieving their goals. Helping students to gain confidence in themselves is very rewarding.

The only negative to being a part-time, adjunct instructor is the pay. The pay is very low compared to the advanced degrees and experience that are required for this position. There are also no benefits for part-time employees.
Pros
Collaborative, supportive environment, strong professional development, good communication for such a large institution
Cons
Low pay, competition for open positions, no benefits for part-time workers.
Great place to start working as a professor in your field
Part-Time Instructor, Mariachi Ensemble Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2018
Great place to start working as a professor in your field. Pay is a bit low to start off but many opportunities to move up pay scale. Relaxed work environment.
Flexible Scheduling
Instructor, CSN Engineering Technologies (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 27, 2018
Classes are usually at night and on weekends. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is all the take home work. Class ends but a teachers work continues for hours. Most enjoyable part is getting students to understand what is being taught.
Productive work place.
Basic Life Support Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2017
A very productive place to work. All faculty are very professional and courteous. The staff are a very diversified group of people from all backgrounds and discipline.
Disorganized
Part-Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2017
101 semester staff was not very friendly to a newbie. The program was disorganized. Not the program I graduated from but I loved teaching and the students! Pay was terrible for the amount of work. The experience for a new teacher was excellent!
excellent place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 21, 2017
Pleasant working conditions and excellent staff. I was there for 14 years and enjoyed every minute.Students are willing to work with me and are self motivated.
Great work place.
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2017
Great place to work. Easy going and nice environment. The people are there to learn so that makes it a good job to have as well. Would be nice if they made more copies or allowed us to use the copy machines. That's the only part difficult about the job.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Can't work more than 19 hours a week, copy own papers
Great place for everyone
Chinese Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2017
The college is a pleasant place to work at, and I had plenty of freedom to teach the way I enjoy. Students give honest and fair assessment at the end of school year and I was told I had always received amazing compliments.
Excellent Place to Work
Communications Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2016
Very respectful staff. Friendly environment and offered flexibility for employees. Seemed to care about personal life demands.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Strange problems with executive level management
Professional recruitment process
Part Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2016
I liked the recruitment staff at the CSN who were very professional and fast in providing information. Teaching at CSN is fun, too!
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
N/a
Review
Part-Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las vegasSeptember 9, 2015
This company is having a very positive environment, every day I have a challenge and I learn something new. I do have such a nice co-workers. The hardest part of this job is I have to deal with a lot of students in daily bases
Lecturing is a great skill to perfect as a project manager
Part-time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2014
Helping construction management students grasp concepts and core knowledge of the complete process of participating in a building project. Grading exams and using power point and sample documents to help enforce weekly reading requirements. Meeting actively working construction personnel was great.
Pros
Two days per week lectures
Cons
Teacher's pay
Susan Ward, CCMA
Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2013
Arrive at work, change clothing if necessary.. Perform triage. Weigh and take patient to patient room. Perform TPR and Blood Pressure.
Ask patient about family history medications they are taking, pleasent chatting, see if they are compfortable, then the doctor will be with you soon .
Pros
meet lots of people
Cons
maybe money. but I dont know that for sure
productive and fun workplace to share ideas and lean new things
BLS INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2013
My most enjoyable part was teaching people and explaining something they routinely do and make it interesting and new.
Pros
good schedule