College of Southern Nevada Management reviews

Ok job wouldn't stay long term
Technician (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2019
Work with a lot of incompetent co-workers, Learned most people just going through motions, management does not know their field enough, culture a little negative, Pay is below average, was able to learn a lot of different equipment and systems
Pros
Learned new equipment and systems
Cons
Pay below average
Productive and fun place to work most of the time.
Professor of art (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2019
Job was fabulous for 14 years until new management arrived and let adjunct teachers go without specific reason.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the students and making a difference in their lives. Doing what I am best at and being in an art culture was fabulous!
Pros
Working hours and days as asked for.
Cons
No healthcare and no job security. Can be dismissed without reason
Dont Go
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2019
Horrible work/life balance. I was given an ultimatum between leaving my sick wife to physically show up at work (when I had the means to work remotely) or quit.
Doesn't seem a college for advancement!
None (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2019
Poor management. The manager doesn't know how to interview, seem more like a recreational than rather just studying, students doesn't seem to learn anything, when they actually graduate they don't know anything when they actually get a job.
Not a good place to be
Financial services (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2018
In my department, management is inflexible about scheduling. They don’t care if you have children/grandchildren/or families that you care for. Supervisors seem to be more flexible, but the Controller wants everyone working 8-5 except for very few exceptions, and you have to have a disability to be permitted a permanent alternative schedule. During down times, which are often, you are expected to sit at your desk and do nothing, just stare at your blank computer screen. Non-work related activities are not permitted even when all your work duties are complete and you have asked management for additional tasks, but there are none. Most employees use computer privacy screens to hide what they are doing from management constantly walking by to check on what you are doing. It’s like being in elementary school all over again. If all your work is done then why shouldn’t employees be allowed to do personal activities to keep yourself from dying of boredom?

Coworkers are polite but most are not very friendly or interested in getting to know you, and they don’t like being at work. Monday’s start with the usual, “Ugh, back here again. 5 more days to go...” or “it’s not even 10 am and I want to leave....”. Employees arrive to work and announce the count down of days/hours until they can leave again. It creates quite a depressing and negative work culture when clearly people don’t want to be here. I hear other departments are different, as in, relaxed and have positive work culture; but I would not recommend working here unless you enjoy an uptight, dull, unfriendly environment; immense
  more... boredom at work; and feeling like you’re back in grade school being watched by your teacher.  less
Pros
Job security
Cons
No career advancement, uptight Controller, no work/life balance, keeping on dead weight (employees that do very little work and have bad attitudes), unfriendly work environment
I was teaching for students and the industry this is not the alignment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2018
the Student was not the focus in my department - the manager was well intentioned and underqualified and not comfortable addressing issues or needs - sadly I am about making things better for all involved and treated students as customers and clients - I was not good fit for this department -
Pros
great opportunities to impact students lives for the better
Cons
restrictive management with out a connection to the industry or the students needs
The College was a very nice place to be employed.
Receptionist, Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2018
A typical day at work was always interesting there was always something to do different. You would always meet different people and there was always some kind of event going on where you could get free lunch.I learned how to help people solved their problems I also learned how to work different machine such as Xerox, Computers.fax machines and also different type of shampoo machine. I learned how to do inventory and order supplies. Management was very nice a little firm at times.The hardest part of the was working graveyard and the most fun was the big events and appreciation day.
Admin Assistant/Payroll Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2018
Amazing place to work. Management is very forthcoming. Very supportive for employee's growth, and offers great benefits. Employees can expect for advancement.
Productive and fun place to work
High School Equivalency (HSE) Instructor - (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2018
I enjoy working at CSN. The management is very helpful and insightful. The environment is productive and enjoyable. It is not a taxing job. It is a relaxed atmosphere and fun to work at.
Calm place to work
Testing Proctor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 13, 2018
I worked for a few years as a testing proctor for csn's work study program and it was a calm place to work with good people. I have no complaints about the management.
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
can become boring
Fantastic work environment to exand student's potential
Teacher on Special Assignment (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2018
Community presentations, grant writing, working with students & expanding curriculum were all rewarding. The staff was supportive & worked collectively with management to create a very productive office. I learned how important life skills are for the future of our children and our great nation.
Pros
Working with community businesses and students
Outstanding place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Henderson NevadaFebruary 14, 2018
Outstanding place to work. Department is professionally run without micromanagement. Administration is outstanding in its capacity to assist all in their questions and general administration duties.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2017
Management was very uplifting and you learn something new everyday.

I worked well with others and I liked the idea of helping students register for school and to navigate through the CSN system. Upon helping other students, I helped myself with the ability to register for classes.
Good job for those in school
Testing Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2017
Everyone is great to work with and the majority of management is more than happy to work around your schedule as long as you give them notice. However, you are limited in upward mobility and total working time.
great
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is being with the books. love the management and we deal with college students who need to check out or check in books
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89002May 8, 2017
Enjoyed working here as a student who was attending CCSN. The management of my department was well organized and helpful in any situation that arose. Fast paced and fun.
Great college for a booming area in the western United States.
WebCampus (WebCT) administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2017
Great school that moved from a two-year junior college to a four year college with degrees in nursing. Great coverage for Las Vegas and the surrounding area with excellent faculty. Moved IT management to an outsourced company with few initial negative effects. If you're looking for a job just out of college, this is a fine place to start.
Excellent work experience
English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor, (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2017
CSN is a great place to work. The management and staff are friendly and professional. I recommend it. It's worth looking at their website to get more information about working for CSN.
Great place to work. Beneftis and salary depending on experience was fair
Student Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2016
I would love to work for this company today. Management cared about their employees and we were compensated well. Bonuses were often, as well as free lunches.
Pros
Hour lunches, compensation. Management was Great
Cons
They are no longer in business
Excellent Place to Work
Communications Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2016
Very respectful staff. Friendly environment and offered flexibility for employees. Seemed to care about personal life demands.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Strange problems with executive level management