College of Southern Nevada Management reviews

Great place to work. Beneftis and salary depending on experience was fair
Student Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2016
I would love to work for this company today. Management cared about their employees and we were compensated well. Bonuses were often, as well as free lunches.
Pros
Hour lunches, compensation. Management was Great
Cons
They are no longer in business
Excellent Place to Work
Communications Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2016
Very respectful staff. Friendly environment and offered flexibility for employees. Seemed to care about personal life demands.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Strange problems with executive level management
Great place to work!
Teacher andInstructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
The job is incredibly rewarding. Students and management recognize the hard work and personal passion for the job.
Cons
no benefits
Fun and exciting
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 5, 2016
The typical day at work was to file papers, create packets, streamline reports on a day to day basis, scheduling students for appointments with the tutors, collecting feedback, etc...

As this is my first job, I learned a lot about customer service, maintaining patience when students are stressed. I also learned to create open and close signs, including holidays. I also learned how to be a little bit more organized with paperwork.

The management was amazing. My supervisor always helped me in the time of need and I learned how to work without her when she was sick. The co-workers were amazing people to work with, because we would work together to get the job done accurately.

The hardest part of the job was to maintain the patience when students did not like when the tutors are unavailable. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see my supervisor and I feel the warmth from the students when they made an accomplishment through the services.
Good times
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work was assisting students with any technical problems with the computers. This includes assisting them with program issues, teaching them where the icons are in some of the programs, providing excellent customer service when students are stressed out. The position has taught me numerous objectives. For example, there are times during the semester where students are stressed out to finish their assignments last minute. I have learned to stay calm, even though I was continuing my education as well. The management was superb. I would help my immediate supervisor with projects that need to be completed. It was a huge learning experience working on numerous projects to expand my learning.

Working with others has been a positive experience, because I got to know different personalities and how others react to certain situations. I felt that I could rely on a couple co-workers during my shift, because I know they like their job and stress on the policy as well.

The hardest part of the job was to maintain patience when students are attempting to blame me on what they did wrong. For example, a student yelled at me when the printer went offline due to an outage. I handled the situation in a calm and professional manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the students attempt to understand what they need to do when a technical problem arises. Another enjoyable part of the job was that I always received a smile after helping students. That lightens up my day when I know that I can help someone.
I love teaching for CSN
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2015
I teach an online course in Concierge Management. The Students are very nice and the team in the Travel and Tourism Department is very supportive. I enjoy the opportunity to pass on my knowledge.
Pros
Excellent Support Team
Cons
End of Semester can be time consuming
Good and Bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NevadaJuly 16, 2015
Overall this company is average. It was somewhat difficult for me to balance both my job and school, but they did their best to schedule my hours appropriately and were very open to making sure I attended all classes. The compensation is average, nothing special. I was paid minimum wage for a worker in Nevada, but it was also my first job. There was little room for advancement from what I saw. I was a temp worker and the management maid it seem like they would give a part time position to the best temp worker they hired. No one was promoted, but then again nothing was set in stone, it was just the impression given. I suppose they are careful about that. There was one woman I met on the job who had worked as a temp worker for 2-3 years and then was finally given a part time position. All other employees had been there for years, too. The assistant manager seemed to do much more (and more efficiently, I might add) than the manager, but she was never promoted. Job security is not good. If you make a mistake that's bad enough or if you make two small mistakes twice you're out and they find someone else. The job culture is good and bad. There were some nice employees and there were some extremely rude employees. The manager was the worst. She yelled at me in front of customers for doing something the assistant manager told me to do. Later that day the assistant manager explained that she had instructed me to do that. It was literally so bad that the customer I was talking to right before I got chastised called and complained the management for treating me that way. The assistant  more... manager asked if I wanted to file a complaint, but I didn't because I was worried the manager would treat me even worse if I did. The company policy stated that employees don't get lunch breaks unless they work for six hours. So they scheduled us temps for 5 hours a day so we didn't get a paid lunch. I also NEVER got a break the entire time I worked there.  less
Pros
Will hire someone for a first job, not many places willing to do that anymore
Cons
Shaky management
Fun and entertaining
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas,NevadaJune 11, 2015
The typical day would be setting students up for the tests, and communication with faculty and staff. One of the things I learned there is the ability to communicate and deal with angry, upset, or disoriented people, who faced a problem and could not manage it. The relationship with management plays a huge role the comfort at the work and the condition you face at work. My communication skills, ability to learn quickly helped me gain good standing at CSN.
Working for the College
Custodial Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2014
I enjoyed my time at this facility. However, there was too much Managment drama, when I was hired on. And it effected job security. I was never really certain how long I would have a position.
Supervisor's were great. Co-workers were great, some lacky's. Managment out of control and very threatening.
Lecturing is a great skill to perfect as a project manager
Part-time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2014
Helping construction management students grasp concepts and core knowledge of the complete process of participating in a building project. Grading exams and using power point and sample documents to help enforce weekly reading requirements. Meeting actively working construction personnel was great.
Pros
Two days per week lectures
Cons
Teacher's pay
They fleece adjuncts
Teaching Associate, English (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2013
and they are afraid of those who perform better than they do.
Pros
It was a job, I enjoyed teaching.
Cons
Workplace politics are insane and you sink, unless you belong to a strong clique. Low compensation.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2013
I work for an awesome group of people. I have learned about working in Facilities Management. I never knew the depth of what goes into maintaining a company.
Fun and Easy Going Work Environment
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2013
The days at work are usually pretty eventful. I learned a lot about Nevada's higher education system. Management was usually on top of everything. The hardest part was sitting all day. The most enjoyable part was meeting so many unique and interesting individuals every day.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment
Cons
Can sometimes be very slow
Coordinator for the College of Southern Nevada Sports Center
Intramural Sports and Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2013
Responsibilities within my current position include administrative and operational activities of the CSN Sports Center facility that servers over 32,000 students, faculty, and staff members, with intramural and extramural sports, club sports, membership sales, and fitness and wellness programs. As the Coordinator I develop, enhance, and implement policies, procedures, objectives, and goals for the CSN Sports Center, including directing safety, security, and risk management. I evaluate and measure the effectiveness of current services and programs offered, maintain current knowledge of facility operations, Intramural Sports rules and policies, Fitness and Wellness industry trends, and membership sales goals pursuant to the mission of the department. I oversee operating budgets, and gift accounts for the CSN Sports Center. I report expenses and projected needs, evaluate financial performance, program quality, and ensure a high level of customer service. I actively recruit, hire, train, schedule, supervise and provide leadership to Administrative Assistants, a team of student workers, and several volunteers. I collectively work with staff to define short and long term goals, monitor progress of assigned tasks, and ensure programs are consistent with policy. As a professional at CSN, I capitalize on opportunities to collaborate with a multitude of Faculty, Staff and student employees. I am proud to have been a co-presenter at the Student Affairs Customer Service Training's offered to Faculty, Staff and student employees this past year in which I received an award as a trainer  more... and I have been asked to participate again this year in the Customer Service Training's.  less
Fun workplace, good first job.
Financial aid student worker/scanner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2013
Scan paperwork, basic office work.
You meet many new people everyday.
Management always help.
A rewarding experience
Instructor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 27, 2013
I really enjoyed working at CSN it was my pleasure to assist the students, faculty, and the staff. By working in the Math Department, I learned The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act guidelines which is very similar the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 guidelines in healthcare. The management team very organized and structured.

All of my coworkers were friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was departing because it was only a contracted position. The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving student registration issues diplomatically and expediently to ensure satisfaction.
Pros
A great place to work
Cons
Only a temporary position
Receptionist for a Semester
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2013
This school is barely hanging on and I think the students are tired of getting so many budget cuts. Cool place to work right after college for me.
Negative review
CUSTODIAN Graveyard Shift (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2012
The shift supervisor was very good. It was the supervisor above her was extremely negative and his management skills were less than zero.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing