College of St. Rose Employee Reviews

A good job.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 16, 2018
Love a college environment! Fast paced and deadline driven job is also what I like and I was able to continue my education too. Came when they weren't paying very well but they have since gone up in salary. Would have stayed there forever but had to leave for health reasons. My supervisor and office managers who, along with me, made up the Graduation Division of Admission both died and I had to take over their duties and train folk in Undergrad Division to do the work. Very stressful. I had a stroke.
Pros
A good job.
Comfortable Environment and High Quality Mental Health Care
Counseling Intern (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 28, 2017
The College of St. Rose Counseling Center provides top-notch, short term mental health care to full-time students. Professional staff, as well as doctoral-level and masters-level student interns, take every care to ensure that students needs are met and that students receive the best possible care. When students needs are beyond the capabilities of the counseling center, the staff ensure that the students receive a smooth referral to a local community resource.
great place to work
stir fry chef (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 7, 2017
good upstanding union ,great work environment, room for advancement, great management, transportation was sufficient, free breakfast, lunch and dinner .
Bad Culture
Head Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 28, 2017
Increasing debt of school made it impossible for advancement in salary and a negative work environment each day. Management was agenda driven to secure their own needs, instead of building a culture where each coach felt they were doing enough for their kids.
Pros
The players of my team
Cons
Negative work environment
Very easy job
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 15, 2016
Most of my time spent during work study was checking out test for grad students and speech pathology professionals in the Winkler Center.
great place
Janitor and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  EAC buildingSeptember 4, 2016
I was awarded employee of the year on after my first year, know with over 4000 students and staff we'll liked but ready to leave cant handle shoveling acres of snow great place to work, staff are willing to help and friendly. time off is great with holidays also. pay is okay thou
Pros
great place
Cons
snow
unfair practices. people are treated very poorly, emplyees are quiting everyday
Janitor/ custodian (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 26, 2016
terrible work place, employee's have not seen a raise in 4 years not expecting a raise till 2019 pending. employees are leaving daily
Pros
Cons
its a job
Office Assistant in Community Service Office (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working with the community and helping out the less fortunate. Working with Habitat for Humanity was a great experience.
supportive colleagues
adjunct professor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 15, 2016
My job as an adjunct professor was to teach one class per semester as needed.

My co-workers were supportive and excellent role models for the students.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions and interest of the students.
Pros
professional and supportive atmosphere
Amazing work environment!
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 10, 2014
We would meet with clients and I personally held a caseloads up to 7 during a twenty hour work week. I experienced clients with many different clinical displays and created personalized treatment plans for each. I conducted screenings as well as intakes. I wrote clinical assessments and SOAP notes. I created flyers and participated in college outreach events. I also created and facilitated a successful knitting and crochet group for stress and anxiety relief. My coworkers were very informative and a pleasure to work with. I only wish they had open positions available because I know I would have been working there still!
good workplace with overall kind staff
Financial Aid Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 3, 2014
I would receive tasks as I finished them. Tasks could include scanning various documents, filing documents, mail drop off and pick up, or folding letters. More unusual tasks include putting folders in boxes and checking student enrollment status using software programs.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
work study position - limited by government and institutional regulations