College of Staten Island Employee Reviews

potential to be a good program, still new
Academic Peer Mentor; Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 7, 2019
This was a new program that the college was trying to start up. It was a good idea however I think it had a lot of bumps since it was so new. The students signing up for a mentor thought it was something different than what it was. Just a few more clarifications and I think this could be a beneficial program.
Review
PHOTOLAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2019
It was work-study. I worked there part time, approximately 12 hours per week. It was a nice environment. The staff is really helpful there. Good place to work for a full time student
I enjoyed working with disadvantaged students, and learned how to Direct and Manage Grant funded projects for NYSED.
Director - Office for Access and Success Programs (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 3, 2019
Students graduated with great confidence on achieving life long goals. Several were accepted into graduate programs and pursued PhD'S in desired fields
Nice
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 26, 2019
I had many areas of work at college of Staten Island as a college assistant. Different positions that showed me how to be an administrator. One of the best jobs I have ever had.
Everyone was a part of our learning experience
Acted as a liaison (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 22, 2019
Go to Morning Classes and then the Psy Lab afterwards. I was assigned to a Psy Adjunct who was in her last year of her doctrine program.We was working on her Thesis. Time management was of the utmost matter. We worked with so many cultures.The Hardest part was presenting our findings in front of professors in a competition. The most enjoyable part was when We Won First Place for our findings.
Pros
Lisltening to children answering our questions from ages 5 to 10
Cons
Getting certain Data for our Research
Great and friendly environment
College Assistant/Tutor/Student (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 5, 2019
As a student of the College of Staten Island, I applied for numerous student jobs and along the way, there were also internships that I was interested in. I enjoy studying and working at the College of Staten Island, however, it is time for me to move on to other better opportunities.
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 18, 2018
Working as a IT member (information technologist) I was responsible for fixing computer and printer issues for college professors and students. I also had the responsibility to reset college computer login passwords.
It is a good place to practice your skill
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 18, 2018
I just did a part time job during the club hour, because i am a full time student in college of staten island. Teach student make me happy and learn a lot. I can review some basic skill of computer science.
Assistant Supervisor
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  staten island new yorkNovember 20, 2018
Since working at the college of Staten Island Athletics and also being a former softball athlete it has been my honor to be part of this program due to helping athletes and assisting people that need help in the building and working at the membership desk as well.
Nice and entertaining atmosphere
Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 7, 2018
Friendly and professional staff. The boss is extremely friendly and is a family friend through the job. She always welcomed me warmly and made the workplace a fun place to come to.
Productive and communal work place
Editor, College of Staten Island Writing Workshops (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 30, 2018
Students and faculty alike urge their colleagues to pursue their careers and better their futures. Though the work is not always exciting the pay-off is hard to beat.
good place to work
Game Room/Operations assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 13, 2018
if you are a student going to the college of staten island this is a great part time job that is hosted through the office of student life it is also a great way to make friends on the campus
Pros
relaxed
part time
Veteran Mentor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 10, 2018
I worked part time as mentor. I worked between classes and whenever i had free time. It was great to add a few extra buck in my pocket but could only work there if you were a student so once i graduated i had to move on.
Pros
worked well with my schedule
Cons
no benefits
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 30, 2018
Loved doing my work study there. Great working environment for students and working professionals. Schedules are always flexible with class schedule. Learned a lot during my time there.
It was simple but difficult to find time
Independent Study/ College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
I did research on campus grounds and sometimes I did hours at home, another colleague and I were working together but we also worked separately. We had to have meetings once a week at least or on video calls to have our professors control and drive the whole project.
Pros
hours were flexible, researching
Cons
managing the project was pretty tight
Friendly and inviting atmosphere
Campus center associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 14, 2018
A very good place to work while you are studying. Staff and managers are excellent and supportive. I’ve made friends here and I’m glad I was here as part of my college experience.
Great learning experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 8, 2018
I went from deli to cashier to a party host to doing all three at the college of Staten Island. It was a good learning experience for all three trades.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
None.
Productive and fun workspace
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 30, 2018
It’s basically a job that takes nothing to learn and a lot of patience. Just do as your told and everything will run smoothly. Most of the time there are slow days, which is usually during the summer but it’s pretty laid back for the most part. Nice little job to have if your working more than one job.
Pros
Employees are so much fun to work with
Cons
Slow days during the summer
Pays ok and works with your schedule
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 16, 2018
I like my job as a note taker. I was able to help a bunch of students who were dealing with disabilities. I took notes for other college students in their classes I was able to choose the class I'd take notes for, which worked my own class schedule. The students were always nice and it's like taking a college course for free..
Pros
Complete control of schedule
Excellent work environment!
Adjunct/Lecturer for the Department of English (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 9, 2018
The College of Staten Island is a wonderful place to teach. Administration is very helpful, which is a big plus. There is flexibility in scheduling and fairness in assignments.