College of William and Mary Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work
Research Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 8, 2019
I enjoyed it -- good work while you have it.... The experience was wonderful, the people are competent and great. I would encourage anyone to move to Williamsburg as it's a great small city to raise a family.
Loved the school :)
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 7, 2019
Campus is beautiful and the area has a lot to do while still being a quaint town. School had many good resources available to its students and the cost of living is very low. Would recommend applying here if any of the graduate programs here interests you.
Working at William and mary
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 13, 2018
Working at william and mary was fast paced. I was in charge of prep cool, making orders, sending out orders, fulfilling orders. The workplace is connected to a college so there was always someone in the cafe.Janitorial purposes were required when mandatory.
Pros
everything
i was a student worker
Inside Out Theatre Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 10, 2018
i am not qualified to answer this.i worked while going to class. this is not a company that i worked for. this was my college. please don't count my answer
Great college but...
Student (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 9, 2018
I was an international student at w&m and was heavily involved at the reeves international center. Although the staff was pretty helpful most of the times, I felt that the center lacked the ethnic diversity that is necessary for an international center. I felt that I could not connect with any staff members on a personal level and many of the international students felt the same way. Diversity is essential especially for a place like the reeves center where students from different cultures, faith, frequently visit the center. International students would be able to closely relate to someone with a similar background as themselves. More diversity of staff is a must at the reeves center and this change could definitely help students like myself in the future.
Relatively easy, fulfilling part time student work
Caller, Office of University Advancement (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 8, 2018
I worked for the Wren Ringers/Phonathon under the Office of University Advancement. I have to say that it was a marvelous experience. We were paid well for the work we did, the hours were flexible, and the work culture was wonderful.
Pros
Flexible schedules, regular pay increases
Cons
Scheduling policy
Highly Respected Institution of Higher Education
Director Level (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 4, 2018
Institutions of higher education offer ample time off, educational benefits (usually), and stimulating environments. William & Mary is no different. Great history--second oldest institution of higher education in the country, remarkable list of alumni, beautiful campus and town (Williamsburg).
Pros
College campus atmosphere
Cons
Pay scale is typically lower than market value, no real career path management for employees
Great Opportunity
Prospect Development & Information Strategy Intern (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 10, 2018
Working as a Prospect Development Information Strategy Intern opened my eyes to the world of University Advancement. My supervisor was an inspiring and helpful mentor who helped broaden my understanding of fundraising and donor relation management.
I enjoyed working at the College. Beautiful campus.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 29, 2018
Typical work day was 8 to 5. Opportunity for advancement. Knowledgeable and positive leadership. Room for growth. Commonweath of Virginia state benefits.
Fast paced and exciting.
Director of Special Events (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 19, 2018
Working here was a team effort. We worked long hours but the people and events made it fun. Great people to work with, but low pay for the many hours.
Met great people.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 9, 2018
Very nice co workers, not much opportunity to get raises. Spent 5 years with the company. Decided to move on for myself, furthermore I am just looking for more in life than what they were offering.
Pros
Something different to eat everyday.
Cons
Hardly get raises.
Open and engaging work environment
Assistant to the Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 24, 2018
The organization was friendly and engaged. My director was open to new ideas for improvement and advancement which made the experience very enjoyable and provided the feeling of being valued as a critical member of the organization.
Pros
Great work life balance
Ok supplemental jobs for students
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 6, 2018
The jobs offered at William and Mary are good jobs for students who need supplemental income to work toward paying college expenses. Working in Residence Life is especially good for benefits. However, promotion is not guaranteed, and job security is not necessarily guaranteed. Most of the bosses are reasonable, so most work environments are not too much stress on top of academics.
Pros
Housing benefits
Cons
Low wages, lack of advancement
great work environment.
residents life (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 6, 2018
hard work sometime, all in all great job for beginning workers.
nice place to interact with socially aware college kids.
great supervisor support, down time is a plus also
Pros
outside alot
Cons
outside all day thru any weather
College of William & Mary
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 10, 2018
W&M is a large and diverse employer for the local community. Your experience will vary based upon your specific job and organizational management, and how they change over time. I'm sure that it can be whatever you choose to make of it.
Ra is always a great job.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 1, 2018
Being an RA at the College is one of the best jobs on campus. Major financial benefits and a great resume booster. If you love community building this job is for you.
Great place to Work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 30, 2018
A typical day at William and Mary was at a very good pace and time went by very quick. I learned how to buff, wax, and strip floors. Management was great very professional. Workplace culture was wonderful. I got to meet people all over the world. The hardest part of my job was that I had to be to work at 5 am. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we all were family and enjoyed being a team.
Supportive place to work
Project Manager/Historian (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 18, 2018
The College is a stimulating work environment. The work force is generally diverse and the administration supports the staff by providing training opportunities (especially in the last decade) and setting a high standard for collaborative workplace behavior. Benefits are good, but salary growth opportunities are somewhat limited.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Limited salary growth opportunity
Great atmosphere
Utility Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 15, 2018
Wonderful place to work and grow. Benefit are amazing and affordable. A learning culture above and beyond expectations.
The compensation could be a little closer to private market.
Pros
Excellent leave program
Cons
Sometimes to little to do
Great working environment
ACCOUNTANT FOR EXECUTIVE AND CORPORATE PROGRAMS (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 10, 2018
Working with at the College of William and Mary Business School was a great learning experience in a wonderful environment. The team members were very easy to work with and helpful and the management was very supportive.