College of William and Mary Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity
Prospect Development & Information Strategy Intern (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 10, 2018
Working as a Prospect Development Information Strategy Intern opened my eyes to the world of University Advancement. My supervisor was an inspiring and helpful mentor who helped broaden my understanding of fundraising and donor relation management.
I enjoyed working at the College. Beautiful campus.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 29, 2018
Typical work day was 8 to 5. Opportunity for advancement. Knowledgeable and positive leadership. Room for growth. Commonweath of Virginia state benefits.
Fast paced and exciting.
Director of Special Events (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 19, 2018
Working here was a team effort. We worked long hours but the people and events made it fun. Great people to work with, but low pay for the many hours.
Met great people.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 9, 2018
Very nice co workers, not much opportunity to get raises. Spent 5 years with the company. Decided to move on for myself, furthermore I am just looking for more in life than what they were offering.
Pros
Something different to eat everyday.
Cons
Hardly get raises.
Open and engaging work environment
Assistant to the Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 24, 2018
The organization was friendly and engaged. My director was open to new ideas for improvement and advancement which made the experience very enjoyable and provided the feeling of being valued as a critical member of the organization.
Pros
Great work life balance
Ok supplemental jobs for students
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 6, 2018
The jobs offered at William and Mary are good jobs for students who need supplemental income to work toward paying college expenses. Working in Residence Life is especially good for benefits. However, promotion is not guaranteed, and job security is not necessarily guaranteed. Most of the bosses are reasonable, so most work environments are not too much stress on top of academics.
Pros
Housing benefits
Cons
Low wages, lack of advancement
great work environment.
residents life (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 6, 2018
hard work sometime, all in all great job for beginning workers.
nice place to interact with socially aware college kids.
great supervisor support, down time is a plus also
Pros
outside alot
Cons
outside all day thru any weather
College of William & Mary
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 10, 2018
W&M is a large and diverse employer for the local community. Your experience will vary based upon your specific job and organizational management, and how they change over time. I'm sure that it can be whatever you choose to make of it.
Ra is always a great job.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 1, 2018
Being an RA at the College is one of the best jobs on campus. Major financial benefits and a great resume booster. If you love community building this job is for you.
Great place to Work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 30, 2018
A typical day at William and Mary was at a very good pace and time went by very quick. I learned how to buff, wax, and strip floors. Management was great very professional. Workplace culture was wonderful. I got to meet people all over the world. The hardest part of my job was that I had to be to work at 5 am. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we all were family and enjoyed being a team.
Supportive place to work
Project Manager/Historian (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 18, 2018
The College is a stimulating work environment. The work force is generally diverse and the administration supports the staff by providing training opportunities (especially in the last decade) and setting a high standard for collaborative workplace behavior. Benefits are good, but salary growth opportunities are somewhat limited.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Limited salary growth opportunity
Great atmosphere
Utility Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 15, 2018
Wonderful place to work and grow. Benefit are amazing and affordable. A learning culture above and beyond expectations.
The compensation could be a little closer to private market.
Pros
Excellent leave program
Cons
Sometimes to little to do
Great working environment
ACCOUNTANT FOR EXECUTIVE AND CORPORATE PROGRAMS (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 10, 2018
Working with at the College of William and Mary Business School was a great learning experience in a wonderful environment. The team members were very easy to work with and helpful and the management was very supportive.
Admin & Office Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 7, 2018
Its impossible to give a review on an organization so large when you've only experienced a small part. Also one persons experience may be totally different from another in the exact same position.
benefits
Cons
management
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 24, 2018
I had to clean and serve the food to the students at William and mary college. The students were respectful they moved at a fast pace
the breaks were good and I worked at differents stations everyday so u never new which station you were gone be working.
Pros
great customer service
Cons
It was a big cafiteria
not a fun place to work
Chef Manager of the Market Place Dinning Hall (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 23, 2018
this is seasonal work. if you are not a manager then you don't work year round. working with the students is awesome. and the joy that they give you is really cool. but overall the job wasn't fun at all
Professional and flexible jobs for students
German Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 19, 2018
William & Mary offers unpaid teaching assistant positions in the language departments for students to hone their communication skills and offer assistance to professors.
Honors Research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 18, 2018
I was only an student working on independent research with an honors fellowship. My advisor was fantastic, and the I value my time at the College very highly.
Student job at Swem Library
Libraray Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work while in school. Job duties varied. Shelving books, maintenance tasks, etc. Work environment was educational and relaxed. Supportive supervisors.
Graduate student/ teaching assistant
Graduate Student/ Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 10, 2018
The position at Wm&M was a graduate student stipend. Hours were variable, training was spotty, but the tuition reduction was worth the effort. This was a learning experience!