Collegiate Entrepreneurs Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Carpenter/plumber/electrician/painter (Current Employee) –  MEDecember 31, 2017
Good freindly place to work very relaxing while being quick- paced the hours are good and reasonable I get overtime the pay is good I am friends with the manager and he is good
Unlike any other job out there
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  MaineNovember 30, 2017
Huge opportunity for any college student to gain experience in a real business environment. Highly recommend for any young person interested in acquiring and developing skills in marketing, sales, management, leadership, accounting, and really all aspects of business. Very tough job, but compensation is more than fair.
Pros
Learning experience, income, personal growth
Cons
Lots of hours, tough work
This was a seasonal internship
Painter (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 10, 2017
This was a seasonal internship and I worked for a friend who was managing the bisness for the summer. The work was pretty easy but I learned so basic skills I still use today when painting
Decent
sales and budget (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 12, 2017
Decent company, great people, solid career development opportunity and macro based company! Great co-workers! Business development based company within central NY.
Fun workplace with little structure
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, MAMarch 30, 2016
The company taught me a lot about business and how it's run but it offered little structure. Managers pressure workers to get more business but don't have any structured way of doing so. With that said, the company was very helpful when struggles were apparent and they do plan several days set aside for fun and leisure with the company. They also offer incentives for working hard and meeting goals.
Pros
easy access to upper management
Cons
organizational structure
Dynamic work environment
Painter (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 16, 2016
Traveling to various sites to complete jobs was an added benefit as opposed to a stagnant workplace. An average day provided fulfilling work, as we (my coworkers and myself) could see the improvement of the houses from start to finish.
Unfair, Frustrating, Poor Display of Business Ethics.
Sales Intern/Painter (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RINovember 27, 2015
Management was only in it for the money. Consistently attempted to pay employees for less than they worked, and exposed painters to dangerous lead paint environments and subjected them to dangerous ladder placement. I got paid minimum wage for dangerous work on rooftops and ladders in the middle of July, much of the money I did not even receive. If you're interested in falling off a ladder and working for poor management, Collegiate Entrepreneurs is the place for you.
Pros
You'll be able to paint your own house when you grow up.
Cons
Management, Safety
Difficult but rewarding experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHJune 10, 2015
This company gives you the tools to run your own painting business. It is a lot of work, and ideal for people who are looking to go into management. Someone who is good at sales, and delegating responsibilities to others would find this job desirable. The hardest part about this job was to balance all the aspects of running your own small business.
Pros
Experience in multiple management fields
Cons
A lot of work, and hours. No base salary either, all commission based
Its a Gimmick
Painter (Former Employee) –  Niantic, CTJanuary 14, 2015
To make it simple they make their money of exploiting college kids. These kids aren't really skilled in the field of painting either. Its a lose, lose for both employee and client
Educational, Inspiring
Regional Executive Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 3, 2014
I would report to my Executive or GM everyday.
Updated Branch Manager business plans.
Recruited Branch Managers.
Lots of time spent on the phone.
The job was never over.
Loved learning new management techniques.
Very low pay.
Pros
Inspiring
Cons
Low pay for a huge amount of work.
Good Experience
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 9, 2013
Good internship. Provide you with alot of tools and support. things may have changed from when I did it but the seminars were held in New Hampshire. Driving from CT to NH once a month was not the most beneficial part of my time there
Great temporary position with fun co-workers
Painter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 12, 2013
I went in semi-skilled as a house painter and came out a foreman overseeing my own crew. It was a valuable hands on learning experience and allowed opportunity for advancement and face to face customer service. Management allowed for independence on work sites that built trust and co-reliability among co-workers. The hardest part was when the weather did not cooperate with the dates of assignment because outdoor paint won't work in the rain or too much sun. At times it halted work for a few days. I really enjoyed that i was depended upon and always walked away from a job well done. I would look at my work and feel a sense of accomplishment that made the customer happy.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
At times unsteady work due to nature, temporary position
Amazing working culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAMay 24, 2013
-Woke up started crew, ran errands, attended meetings, spoke with customers/prospect customers, and marketed.
-Learned customer services, marketing, management, and accounting
- extremely motivated co-workers
-Hardest part of the job was staying motivated to endure the rigorous work day
-Most enjoyable part of the job was building my own brand/company from the ground up and seeing my progress as a business and a person.
Pros
Ability to create work schedule and build a company form the ground up
Cons
Long days
Great Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTMarch 23, 2013
This was a great company to work for. Collegiate Entrepreneurs set me up to be my own branch manager in my town and taught me how to run my own company. They help you out with your business by giving you a mentor but for the most part you are on your own running your own company that you personally built.
Great place to gain experience
Production Manager / Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 12, 2012
If you are a Branch Manager you are running your business essentially and this gives you a lot of good experience. It does teach you how much goes into it. Sometimes the work days were up to 16 hours. They do have a good structure and lots of support. Best part of the job is working outside durning the summer.
Pros
experience