Collegium Charter School

Collegium Charter School Management reviews

The job is ok and that is mostly because of the students, their improvement, growth and happy smiling faces on the daily. The management level is a bit overwhelmed with phenomenal ideas, yet a lack of personnel to carry out saidgoals.
Pros
holiday time off, 403b plan, health benefits
Cons
no room to advance
The work day is comparable to other schools. I have learned much about diversity of students, differentiation, special education, classroom management, leadership, and more. The workplace culture is very low in morale and motivation. More and more is piled upon the teachers and staff but nothing is taken away. Proper training is not offered for new curriculum and initiatives. The hardest part of the job is that there is no contract and reviews are subjective. What is considered a small mistake for one person is a termination-worthy offense for another. A union is much needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with children from a variety of backgrounds/cultures and learning from them. As CCS has grown in the last two decades, the children have become less and less of a focus. Now, the administration cannot see the children but now sees the dollar signs they represent. CCS has lost their focus.
Pros
PBIS System, flexible lesson planning
Cons
compensation versus workload
February 12, 2018
Collegium Charter School's first priority is ALWAYS our students! We are a tuition-free, independent K-12 public school offering families a choice for their child’s elementary and secondary education. And nearly 3,000 students' families make Collegium their choice! For a sampling of Collegium's heart and focus, check out our most recent Newsletter for families (https://spark.adobe.com/page/8x3eOnRfbNXpm/). In it, you'll also see an this week's Employee Spotlight, where we interview employees about what they do at Collegium and why they love working here!Find more Employee Spotlight videos on the Employment page of Collegium's website (http://www.collegiumcharter.com/employment/). Thank you!
February 12, 2018
Collegium is engaged in an ongoing Compensation Review project that compares its salaries and benefits to those for comparable positions in the marketplace. Many of our employees have received salary increases as a result. Collegium employees also enjoy a generous and thorough--but affordable--benefits plan that includes, but is not limited to, medical and dental insurance and a 403(b) Retirement Account with an employer match. If you have a minute, watch a few of our "Employee Spotlight" videos on the Employment page of Collegium's website (http://www.collegiumcharter.com/employment/). In the videos, one employee each week shares what they do at Collegium, and why they enjoy working at our school. Thank you!
February 12, 2018
After a recent Comprehensive Compensation Review initiative, Collegium increased salaries and is now comparable to neighboring public school districts. Collegium employees also enjoy a comprehensive and generous benefits package. To learn what employees say about working at Collegium, take a minute to watch a few of our "Employee Spotlight" videos on the Employment page of our website (http://www.collegiumcharter.com/employment/). Thank you!
A lot of the students at Collegium are brought in from Coatesville and have no accountability to staff and other students. There is a lot of aggressive behavior by certain minority students in this district. Teachers are blamed for failing to manage certain improprieties by students. They need more security in this school district. I wouldn't recommend sending your child to this school. Catholic schools are still the best and don't tolerate disrespect and coddling bad behavior. Moreover, this school system is a waste of tax payer dollars and should be shut down.
Pros
Hard working teachers
Cons
Thug students in uniforms
If you work in the administration part of this school expect to be unappreciated, overworked and underpaid. Coworkers are very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
No structure whatsoever.
February 12, 2018
Collegium's employees are motivated and positive professionals who make our students their primary focus!Take a minute to check out the Employee Spotlight videos on the Employment page of Collegium's website (http://www.collegiumcharter.com/employment/). There's a resounding theme: Employees love Collegium because of the "people"!The spotlights feature weekly interviews with employees who talk about what they do and why they do it at Collegium. You can view other Collegium videos and Employee Spotslights on our YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKhbmispXCp2mn3jXMLp04A).
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.