Collier County, FL Employee Reviews

Okay
Lawn Care (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 7, 2018
Wish it was ran properly. Some parts are ran better than others. Some bosses tolerate more than other but no one really enforced the rules and guidelines.
Fully agree with other One Star wastewater review
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 27, 2017
One Star rating given on Aug 7, 2017 has it completely correct. If there is something I could add to that review, it would be Collier County Human Recourses Dept. They are there only to protect Collier County from their employees, not for the employee's benefit, which they would have you to believe. Expect any legitimate concerns to be quickly swept under the rug by management and CCHR.
You will also plainly see an atmosphere of, "Do as I say, not as I do", and different degrees of following the rules for different people.
One last thing to consider... I have heard other managers, at different times, say to employees who have brought to light legitimate problems, "If you complain, you're considered the problem".
Good luck to you.
Pros
Cons
insecurity, low morale, low pay
A place which pays little and places all of the responsibility on its employees and absolves management of all accountability
Senior Wastewater Operator (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 7, 2017
I would not recommend Collier County to someone I do not like as a place to work unless you are facing eviction and starvation! Management is unresponsive! Employees are trained to under perform! While they show a pay range on jobs available they do not negotiate and there is no process in place for raises other than cost of living so the upper pay range is out of reach!
Pros
Cons
bad pay, low morale
flexable hours
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 9, 2017
Students have much better manners on the west coast of FL. I've lived in south florida for fifteen years now and one thing I have learned the huge difference between the east coast and the west coast. The west coast is much cleaner and nicer.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
Low pay
very fun
Planning Technician (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 14, 2016
Great place to work and it's very fun . Great people to work with and great managers. It's a great place to build your career within.