Colliers International Employee Reviews

Colliers
Commercial property manager (Former Employee) –  MoscowJuly 12, 2019
Poor management. Low level of employment benefits. Poor level of HR support. Very noisy open space office. Working hours on irregular basis. No internal trainings for the staff, no performance evaluation talks.
Good work environment.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2019
As an in-house graphic designer/marketer at Colliers International, I created marketing collateral for approximately 70 commercial real estate brokers. The staff is great and a joy to work with! The brokers are demanding, but fair and great to work with, as well. Overall, a high paced, demanding job in a friendly work environment.
Pros
The staff/co-workers
Cons
Little room for advancement, NO bonuses
Great Work Atmosphere
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2019
Great place to work, every week there are cultured activities that happens, team building workshops, promotion within, great benefits and vacation package.
Pros
Free Food, Lots of Company Events, Charitable Causes
Cons
Managment was a bit unorganized
A positive company culture contigious throughout
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 28, 2019
I knew I was interested in commercial real estate, but until I interned at Colliers, I didn't know exactly what the day-to-day operations of managing and leasing properties entailed. From familiarizing myself with industry software to simply chatting with members of the property management team, I am confident commercial real estate is where I want to be, and I am incredibly grateful for my experience at Colliers.
Great company
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2019
Leading company in real estate with many resources. Many options on location and type of career in commercial real estate. Workplace culture is on par with the competitor firms.
Great place to work!
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2019
Colliers International is a great place to work. The staff and brokers are friendly and knowledgable of the industry. Working with my team helped me grow and develop into more.
Good company
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 21, 2019
Good company in an established industry. Very nice brokers and support team. Very much a standard office vibe and teamwork initiatives were appreciated.
Brokerage
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 12, 2019
Living in the Silicon Valley comes with a wide spectrum of pros/cons depending on your industry. Within Commercial Real Estate, I was able to create a plethora of lifelong relationships, which I will cherish and utilize forever. However, in my opinion, the industry is saturated with experts who have been in the business for 20-35 years. This has made it exceptionally competitive and difficult to win business. In this environment, I have learned that my skills may be utilized better elsewhere. I am looking to make an impact on a company sooner rather than later. Although I found Real Estate intriguing and definitely fruitful, I feel I will excel somewhere with more structure, and with a more role I can fully embrace.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits, Fully commission
Awful Environment
Assistsnt (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2019
The DTC office is one of the worst I have seen. The management and staff are beyond words I can write here. No one is deeply happy working there. You can see things progressively getting worse. They play favorites and no one gets compensated fairly. I’d never work here again!
Pros
Cons
Too many
Wonderful Team
Investment Sales and Analytics (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 23, 2019
I loved my time at Colliers. Unfortunately in my market there weren't great opportunities to advance, it was difficult for me to leave the company due to the people I associated with every day.
Terrible Company
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2019
The management is terrible and everyone is out to get you from the moment you walk in. There is no privacy in the open office concept and you have to watch your back at every door. No one appreciates your hard work. They don’t allow you to move up or switch to any position and no one allows you to do your job. You have to push and pull teeth to get what you want. It’s always a fight with everyone (depending on team) and everything. So many cliques. Stay clear!!
Pros
Volunteer work
Cons
No managers, crazy employees
Fun
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2019
I would like to relocate to a different state where it's to expensive to live in NYC there for I'm willing to make a new start with a new company new faces I'm very good at what I do
A horrible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 5, 2019
Management is non-existent. Morale is awful. No training. Low salary. Very unprofessional and a hostile environment. Many people unhappy and leaving. I have never in my life worked in such a horrible environment.
Cons
Just a stop on your career path but not the destination
DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2019
I enjoy Colliers, the people, management, the work, it's all really good. Unfortunately the compensation is low and there are few opportunities to move up. It's hard to tell whether this problem is a reflection of the company or the industry. The real money is on the broker side - so if you're ambitious and don't care about real estate, then you probably won't stay long.

All in all, Colliers is a great place to work. The people are awesome! But (as I've come to learn) most quickly realize that Colliers International is a just a stop on your career path, not the final destination.
Pros
Great atmosphere, positive, creative, fun
Cons
No growth, low compensation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2019
Greeting customers, clients/visitors answered all incoming calls for the company and directing them to the appropriate department/individual. I assisted with any and administrative duties. I learned the ins and outs of commercial real estate. There was nothing hard about the job. I am a people person and love assisting people which made my job enjoyable.
Pros
Knowing what the company has to offer.
Production Design with a great break room
Graphic Designer/Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2019
They have 3 locations, which you can be at any time; however, you are primarily at one. Management really cares and will go out of their way to make you happy and valued. The only complaint I really have is their benefits that changed when the company was sold internationally. They are now high deductible which doesn't work for a diabetic with additional medical issues. I can't meet the deductible and pay 100% up front for my supplies that I needed in the first month. I had to have my providers "float" me prescriptions all year and couldn't meet the deductible until the fourth quarter.
Pros
management
benefits
fun place to work
Director, property Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2019
Great place to start a career . Staff and management are extremely helpful and forthcoming. Very helpful. property owners are very accessible and easy to work with.
Pros
friendly
Cons
lot of travel
Learning on the go
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJanuary 22, 2019
I've learned many things about the Property Management field. This job has provided many opportunities to expand on my customer service, computer, communication, and overall office skills. Additionally, working for many different property owners gives the chance to work under different expectations/rules simultaneously.
Hate it
Journeyman Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Human Resources is in Canada. If your manager is bad, good luck. There is nobody at this company that wants to help you. Be a manager or look elsewhere.
Not a good place to work as maintenance.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  FLJanuary 8, 2019
From the time I have spent with the company I have noticed that there is a double standard. Those in authority have a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. You are expected to be clairvoyant and there is a serious lack of communication from management. They will work you harder than they are willing themselves and lack empathy for you as an individual.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colliers International. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Colliers International.

Powered by Comparably