Collin College Employee Reviews

Director, Developmental Education (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 5, 2018
Nice work environment, good people and lots of growth. Good place for students in the North Texas Area. Due to family related issues I have to relocate to my home town of Saint Paul, MN or I would stay at Collin College.
A typical day
Student Ambassador/Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Collin County, TXJuly 1, 2018
I would start preparing for a orientation or a tour of a Collin Colleges campus. I would answer questions on the phone or help my supervisor during my shift.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
does not work with class schedule
Collin College - Student Assistant
STUDENT LIFE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 27, 2018
This was a work study job opportunity so the pay was as minimal as possible with no benefits. However, the environment was amazing and I loved working there.
Pros
management, training, custimer service
Cons
pay, breaks, hours
Very nice place to work. Students are great.
Associate Faculty, Mathematics, part time (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 24, 2018
Collin College is a very supportive and enjoyable environment to work in. The campus is rather spread out, but easily walked. One will find the faculty friendly and helpful. Administration is very supportive. The students are fun to teach. The Help Desk offers many quick training tools and videos if needed.
Pros
Great campus
Cons
limited number of courses allowed to teach
Continuing Education Department discrimates against foreign students. Management commits frraud daily and has students and insstructirs do it as
Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2018
Poor Management open discrimination on students..
If you throw names around you can pass without 90 percent attendance in classroom that is required. Manager picks and chooses who passes or doesn't based on who you know.
Pros
Cons
Discrimination
Collin College is a great place to work.
Associate Professor, Developmental Ed (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 13, 2018
The teaching environment was open and trusting. I enjoyed the freedom to create lessons that met the needs of students enrolled in my courses.All my supervisors have been excellent and very encouraging.
Pros
The compensation is fair.I am grateful for the opportunity to teach at Collin College.
Cons
It would be nice to have benefits for part-time faculty.
Great work environment
Hospital​ ​Lab​ ​Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 13, 2018
The best work environment I have ever had. I regret leaving and only left to grow professionally in my field of work. I would work there again if I could, just for the environment and the people I worked with. Everyone seems happy there.
Pros
Great people, very rewarding, recognition is always given
Cons
Hard to get overtime, try getting a salaried position
Fosters employee growth and development
Career Center Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 6, 2018
A typical day involved working with adult students seeking guidance in their career paths, professional resumes, or job search skills. Answered incoming calls. Acted as the first point of contact for recruiters. Helped students use computers to access services. Employer provides free Lynda.com service for employees to learn new skills if desired.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great training.
Adjunct Work
Adjunct Biology Faculty (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 21, 2018
Adjuncts work at Collin and make up a substantial part of their teaching pool, yet we are paid less than half that of a full-time faculty member with NO benefits.

The hardest part of the job is knowing you are not valued as much as a full-time faculty member , even though you teach the same subjects with as many students or more than a full-time faculty member.
Pros
it's a job, but doesn't pay the bills
Cons
not compensated as much as we should be
Great place to work, great students
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 15, 2018
Wonderful environment. Great management, students- very happy! Would recommend Collin College to future employees as well as students. It's just a great place!
stay away
Student (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 1, 2018
There's lots of drama and stabbing in the back among managers. There's a lack of accountability. If something goes wrong, the finger is pointed at the nearest person. NO shame!
I love it here!
Phone bank representative (Former Employee) –  mckinney, txApril 29, 2018
I have worked for Collin since 2013 seasonally and it is a blast! The manager is awesome, as well as the ladies I work with in the Phone Bank. I wish I could get on full time but this is a place where there is almost zero turnaround because people stay there for EVER. Otherwise, I would already be working there full time. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a college position.
Pros
awesome bosses, hour long lunch breaks, ability to ask questions when you need to
Cons
for smokers, this is a smoke free (and vape free) campus
was a nice start
Student Assistant- Student Life Dept (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 15, 2018
i liked it there, working with students is fun to me, people are careful and nice. I worked as a student assi for 4 semesters and was nice. But it is not my major
Pros
happy envio
Cons
new staff
Lots of training
Financial Aid/VA Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 14, 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time working at Collin College. Most of the employees were friendly. The work environment was laid back but you had to know your job very well because you were presented with different questions and scenarios on a daily bases. I felt that in order to advance there you had to rub elbows with your boss and not just be the best at your job. That was unfortunate, because for me it was about the students, parents, organization and giving great customer service.
Pros
Plenty of annual training
Cons
low pay, low chance for advancement, low work moral
Help Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 29, 2018
Good place to work, friendly staff. Plano is a great city to live in.
Collin County is a prosperous county in Texas. There are 4 campuses in different areas of Collin County.
N/A only a part time instructor
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 27, 2018
N/A only a part time instructor. Does not apply to these questions. Great place to work with great people. Recommend all of the sites and employees. Will teach again.
Good Place to Work
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 21, 2018
This is a great place for an educator to work. The individual departments generally get along and work collaboratively. It has been my experience that management responds positively when approached with concerns or ideas.

Once hired as a part-time staff or faculty member it is very hard to become full-time. Full-time staff/faculty is paid better, and has better access to benefits and assistance programs than part-time staff/faculty.

The culture is good, and the primary focus of all divisions is on student enrichment and success.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Difficult to advance
collin
Internship (Former Employee) –  frisco txMarch 10, 2018
i went to school at Collin College i never ever worked at the college. for a education it was a great place to go to get my degree and have thought of going back for another.
Great for students
New Student Orientations (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 8, 2018
I worked there as a student, in a computer lab and as a student ambassador. In addition to learning so much about the college and making incredible friends, it helped me learn what career course I wanted to take. The supervisors are SO helpful and happy to work around your school schedule, and understand that school takes priority. Loved it!
Excellent environment for those seeking to teach at the college level
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Collin College has excellent facilities and support, even for those of us who are part-time faculty. I do wish there was greater visibility on how to become full-time.