Collin County Government Employee Reviews

The Sheriff is running everyone out of office
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 7, 2019
Steer clear of working in the County Jail. You may be looking for a way to work your way up to a patrol position. But this is not the place to do it. Collin County is short staffed, and will make promises to hire you on board with no intention of actually fulfilling the promises. Overtime is mandatory, and if you elect to not work the extra hours, you will be written up and potentially fired. Due to the short staff, you will accrue an exorbitant amount of PTO, but rarely if ever will you be allowed to use the hours. If you are truly looking for a way into law enforcement, pursue a city who will sponsor you in the academy and never work for the current elected sheriff.
My review over all is that it's a great company!
Truck driver, heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 6, 2019
The most joyful time of my job is that I enjoy working with my co workers , there a great group of people! We all work good together and know what to expect from each otherto get the job a hand done and done right
Temporary Pool Employee
TEMPORARY POOL EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 13, 2019
I worked at Electives office during mid-term elections. We were trained and work mostly 8 hours days until we were needed for 10-14 hour days. We always got breaks and lunches. Understanding with family issues, health or death in family required time off to handle situations.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Great work environment
Accountant/Auditor (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 19, 2019
Love working here. Work could be completed remotely but is not offered. Flex time. Confusion on is you’re hourly or exempt. Treat you whichever easy is best for them
Good place to start off at
Juvenile Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 17, 2018
Collin County is ok to work for. the pay is good and the benefits are better. There is no room to growth with Collin county if your looking to grow in the 1st 5 years.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
long hrs