Play YouTube video button

Collins Aerospace Employee Reviews

United States2,110 reviews
Found 2,110 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Collins Aerospace selected this as a representative review
Make sure you ask the right person the question
If you have a question it is a good idea to know who to ask ahead and have a list of questions for this person. This way you will not be chased all over the floor and get the job done in time!
Senior FPGA/ASIC engineer
This location (Cedar Rapids, IA) is definitively in the middle of nowhere. Their main concern is just about to be sure they can have enough man ressources when they need it. They do not care about who you are and what can be your background. And they will handle your assignations on a month/budget basis only : by the end of every month, they decide to move you to an other task (whatever can be the status of your current task). You will have one talk at the start of a new assignation with that new "manager" and then you will be on your own .... till the end of the month when they will move you to the next task

Highly ridiculous, and at some time, they will just ask you to go back home (in the next minutes) and wait for your maybe next task ... in the next few days . Of course, you are not paid during this IDLE period.

no wonder why they are permanently looking for some new "piece of meat"

This kind of management is PATHETIC. But if your ambition is to get a living in the middle of nowhere .., this place is for you !
Training
The organization spends a great deal of time training and developing its employees. Senior management communicates often and attempts to keep its employees informed on current events that are currently impacting the organization.
Couldn’t wait to leave
Management gets shifted around too much. HR doesn’t care about employees it’s always salary vs hourly no in between. Morals are gut cringing just to save a dollar.
Several buyouts/mergers have changed the culture.
Collins Aerospace (formerly B/E Aerospace) is still a good company to work for. However, the current economic downturn has hurt commercial aircraft, and as a result Collins.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
A professional dead-end, unless you're a pandering brown-noser.
Just another bloated and grossly mismanaged company that cares more about the bottom line than its employees. Management clearly has an "us against them" mentality in regard to their employees. Bad corporate policies and decisions routinely result in the elimination of benefits, the reduction of pay, and the decimation of a fair work/life balance; people are expendable if it preserves the bottom line and lines the pockets of the executives and upper management.
The local union really limits the facility.
A company of this size has its pros and cons. There is room for advancement if you want to move around but at some point to someone you are still just a number.
An Industry Leading Company With Good Employees
I really enjoy working at Collins Aerospace. I feel that we are on the cutting edge of technology, and I really enjoy my coworkers and managers. I enjoy the challenges of creating new designs as well as solving design issues related to previously created designs. I would recommend Collins Aerospace as a good company to work for.
Good company going through rough times
The typical day-to-day in my role is just that, typical. Tough to advance into other roles as there are rarely any openings for new roles. The job is satisfying enough but sometimes wish for more.
Great People
you will meet good people and bad just like every other place but in general most are good people. The job is easy to learn and plenty of people to show you the ropes. The company will pay for tuition so take advantage of it.
Collins Aerospace: The best Company !!!!
Company culture oriented on the workers, excellent work environment, fun, productive & first class managers. Overall the best company I had been working in my entire life!!
It is like any place of employment.
You are asked to complete an assignment. The work is completed but there are numerous other orders coming in daily all day. If we could hire at least ten more people, I believe the work could be done more on time. To keep the stress and pressure off of us.
Only a number
This company does not appreciate dedicated long term loyal employees. You’re just a considered a number. It’s not what you know its who you know. A very interesting place to work otherwise.
Top people
The global sales people, their managers and directors travel the world picking up girls in bars and sleeping with them. Especially in Bangkok.
They use their company expense accounts for this purpose.
Pros
Lots expenses
Cons
Short marriages
Ambiente Responsable
Un lugar de trabajo muy responsable a la hora de realizar su producto ya que hay vidas en juego.
Great place for a "working" retirement
Pay is low but managers enjoy a working retirement here. Work hard and finesse past politics for young people and be successful in future. Overall easy job for me.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Low pay
Only work there 2month but the people treat me with respect. Will to help if I need. I can count on everyone in team to help me on issue. Look everyone is getting alone. They will train me and many products in the team.
Professional, Ethical, Caring
Collins was a great place to work and I totally enjoy the support and work environment. I would love to work for them again. They provide a stable and challenging work environment.
A great company to work for!
Managing accounts in SAP by helping customers via phone but mostly email, working in excel, reconciling accounts, and working on different project. I learn something new every day; always opportunity for growth. I love the environment because everyone is so friendly and helpful; when I have a question co-workers are always willing to help. If they are not available they will make sure someone else helps me. The most enjoyable part is that I am constantly learning; therefore the job never get old. Very refreshing and keeps me going.
Secure and culture organization.
Good pay and secure in the work area. Culture organization is very good for all the employment and very hard work for your product and high quality in your technical employment and product.
Pros
Secure in work area.
Cons
Short term contract.
Against hiring older personal
Have tried putting an application in several times. Doesn't matter I have references stating I'm a good worker, team player. They stated they dont discriminate against age,race ....
I just turned 62 and out work some of the younger generation. I have friends I have worked with at the union company that that would verify my good work ethic. Age does matter!!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Collins Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight