Collins Aerospace

Collins Aerospace Employee Reviews

United States2,502 reviews

Found 2,502 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,200 reviews
rockwellutcaerospacegoodrichengineerengineeringculturebenefit

Make sure you ask the right person the question

Featured review

Collins Aerospace selected this as a representative review
If you have a question it is a good idea to know who to ask ahead and have a list of questions for this person. This way you will not be chased all over the floor and get the job done in time!

One of the best places to work IMO.

There have been changes since I started there but the people who work there are all very kind and willing to help when needed. I can not speak for all the managers, but the two I had through the course of 8 years were excellent. The pay rates have changed since I first started, but I can say very few jobs out there come remotely close to what my yearly salary was. New hires are paid less than what they used to be, and the old incentive plan is long gone. To be quite honest, I would still be working there if my family had been closer. In the end time outweighed money. They have very talented people working there, and I enjoyed most days as I thrive on fast paced work and the ability to problem solve. They are all good people at a good job.

Collins Aerospace insights

Based on 1,237 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Very fun and relaxing interesting work

I loved working at Collins the hours fit my life perfectly the work was very interesting and the people they were always nice there was much room for advancement very helpful with childcare it was just a good place all around

Pros

Hours pay and benefits

Cons

my supervisor wasn't ever helpful

Can be like a meat market

Seems to be more of a fashion show than an aerospace and electronics facility. Management does a great job of making workers at odds with one another. Too many stand up meetimgs every day. I started way back when the company pharmacy was inside the c Ave complex and all prescriptions were free. They have really taken away all the quality benefits and gave back biometrics to their employees. Way back when biometrics was first introduced we were told we would never be forced to participate at anytime in the biometrics and we knew then that this would become mandatory and it has. If I could count on both hands how many times they lied to us no one.wojld trust them.

Nice place to work if they hadn't closed our site

Collins Aerospace was a great employer with many great coworkers. My plan was to retire from Collins but that was taken away when the corporate overlords made the decision to close our site. About 175 people lost their jobs with their work moved to the likes of Arizona, Kansas, South Carolina and India.I miss my Collins crew and I wish them all the best.

Drama, two faced and Favoritism by Managers

Drama, especially in the CFD string room. They never meet production, bc everyone in the room is always stiring up confusion. Team lead really don’t kno much, that place really needs strong professional management that kno how to run the job facility and keep it in order.

Pros

Snitching, unfriendly co workers

Cons

Long breaks

Experience

The Bad- #1 the money. Your raises are below inflation and the management is inexperienced and unqualified.The good- So many amazing people that I love and call friends.

Productive workplace that gives you a feeling of purpose

At orientation you are told about your benefits and things you earn. They also tell you about vacation time (added upon full employment) and how it is given to you at the beginning of the year. You ask for a day, supervisor has the say so if you get it or not. Then you get dock time and they inform you that vacation time is accrued in hours of 10. But they can dock you 71 hours that they say you don't have.

Lack of integrity

Managers don’t Follow Core ValuesToxic work cultureHigh turnover No good performance reviews Managers often treats a particular individuals better than everyone else,and received a raise and promotion that is unrelated to their performance.

Pros

Free birthday cakes

Cons

Health care is expensive

It is a normal working company

Normal working company, they have good intelligent people working, and they have good working conditions and good tools plus they provide excellent information for work instructions.

Pros

Normal working conditions

Overall a good place to work. Great Benefits

Overall a very good work place with opportunity for growth. The benefits are really good. The downside is like with any organization sometime people get promoted into positions where they don't know what they are doing.

Great work/life balance, poor compensation once hired

Great managers who strive for a strong work/life balance. No guilt in using PTO time or flex schedules. High deductible health plans only. Running joke is you need to quit and get rehired in order to get a decent pay jump.. or move positions often. Otherwise, no COL raises and standard 3% annual raises.

A scattered company

Hard to find footing here, lots of empty promises. They want you to come through on your side of an agreement because you excel at certain aspects of the job, but don’t want to promote. Very political as far as maneuvering the company .

Collins Aerospace

A day at work is pretty good. There are busier days when you have to work late to finish projects or meetings. I learned alot about myself working there. Having a good attitude about a work life balance and understanding that sometimes the team needs to come first. The management is more cooperate than it used to be. Culture is pretty good depending on the team that you work with. Others are more fun or rewarding to work with/for than others. The hardest part that I experienced was also the most fun which was travelling to new facilities to train throughout the United States. The most enjoyable part of the job was being busy that makes the day go by fast and often times you feel appreciated for doing extra work.

If you want drama this the place

Management sucks, the work is easy but they want you to be robots, limited brakes, management will be Ontop of you if they don’t like you to fire you. Even if you do nothing wrong

Opportunity for growth

I have always enjoyed working at Collins. They are always willing to help you advance. It never felt like it was a job. It has always brought me great enjoyment of bringing things up to make the processes easier and in an expeditious manner.

Hostile/Stuck in the past

The company don’t care about its people. On-site HR is eliminated and converted to a phone. Upper management cares only about there own pockets. Corporate cares only about numbers.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Billion dollar company but pays below minimum wage

Comfortable work areas

Liked my job as smt t/up operator fixed and helped with a lot of things that people couldn’t fix and in the switching of supervisors the last one only focused on my errors and not the good I did!

Pros

Clarity in where the company is going

Cons

Bad management

Could be toxic otherwise a good place to work.

I say it could be toxic because of who you work with. If you have a good group of people around its a pretty good place to work at. Also the benefits are really great here!

Job stability and a comfortable environment

Nothing bad to say. . Jus didn't rules every day. Comfortable environment, you can where what you would like. No steel.toes. no hair nets. Best of all you don't break a sweat.

Decent workplace

Hired for 2nd shift, 3 months later, still no 2nd shift. Hard to get good training. Good people...... .

Common questions about Collins Aerospace

Answered by current and former employees at Collins Aerospace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Collins Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

88%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Collins Aerospace with

• Collins Aerospace
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?