Colon & Rectal Surgery Employee Reviews

Great place to work and start your career.
Certified Medical Assistant Procedure Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 11, 2018
I worked at the St. Paul location for almost 3 years. Management there was awesome, and the staff I worked with were all friendly. regret leaving this place for "a better opportunity."
Poor management.
PROCEDURE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  St paulSeptember 20, 2018
Human resources and supervisors plays favorites. People who work hard are not recognized. Fast pace for those who work. High turnover. Poor management.
Cons
Great place to work but ...
N/A (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 15, 2018
Great place to work if you're a provider or work in administration. That’s why they have top 150 in the state of Minnesota yet ask the under dogs clinical staff it’s another story. Why work at a place where they are hiring every other month something wrong with the employees or management. Just think about it. Good luck to you and hope you are successful.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, management and short staffed.
Family Friendly
Procedure Coordinator/ PFC Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 12, 2017
Office was like going home away from home. There was a lack of training and a lot of down time. The doctors are very caring about their patients. That is all there is.
Physcians are wonderful but coworkers are a drag
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 19, 2016
As I started I was very excited to meet new people and start a new clinic environment but quickly fell under the nag of older coworkers who had been there 10+ years who were comfortable a little too much in their positions and were not open to change. Being the newest addition only made matters worse. It was like being in High school all over again..

Direct clinical manager was wonderful and I really enjoyed her presence and upbeat personality. She would go out of her way to help anyone who asked and really wanted her staff to succeed. Upper management that was another issue. I saw employees leave or get fired who went above and beyond while the others who did the minimum and took advantage of their status got away with almost everything that I seen others get fired for.

Overall, if they can weed out the mediocre employees and stick to the those who want to grow and work for this company, I would recommend those to apply but till that changes be weary.
Pros
Clinical hours, good pay and benefits, lots of staff lunches
Cons
Inability to suggest change, Older staff members, gossip
A very nice place to work at.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2016
Colon and Rectal Surgery is a very good place to work. They are very understanding and really care about their employees.
Pros
Free lunch, and great 401k plan
I hope I never have to leave!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 14, 2016
I have a broad work history and have worked for several companies both in health care and in other fields. If you are looking for a company that prioritizes employee engagement this is the place to be. If you work hard and apply yourself CRSAL will develop you and give you back everything you give them!

I remember when I put in my notice with my previous employer, who was a family practice physician, his response was, "Well, if you think we are difficult to work with, just wait until you work with surgeons. They're way worse than us!"

That could not be further than the truth in regards to our CRSAL surgeons! They are so down to Earth and friendly to work with!

And I think it speaks volumes about the company (which is privately owned by the practicing physicians), that they are willing to put an entire committee in place that focuses on the company culture.

They are committed to excellence. They have high standards for patient care but this does not translate into a stressful environment!

Obviously I cannot say enough great things about this company!
Pros
Culture, Stable Hours, No Weekends, Independent Practice
Cons
Healthcare benefits not great
Busy and fun place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 3, 2016
I have seen co-workers, friends, physicians and residents come and go for many years. Colon & rectal offered us all an opportunity to grow in our knowledge and experience and the opportunity to move on to bigger and better things for our careers.

Colon & Rectal is a super place to work and is an awesome place to land, learn and care for people.
A very exciting and rewarding place to work
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 13, 2014
I enjoyed the challenges and the way Colon and Rectal Surgery allowed you to grow within the company. Every day was always a new experience. I grew along with the company. Lots of growth and wonderful benefits.
Pros
401K, Retirement Plans, Dental and Health Insurance. Payment for recomending potential new employees.
Cons
small company with not as enough job culture. short breaks
Great place to work at.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 2, 2014
Enjoy working with everyone at CRSAL and it's a great place to be a part of a team. Everyone is understanding and you can learn a lot from everyone there.
Nice small environment with a good flowing team.
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2013
Nice small environment with a good flowing team. Lack of communication at times between upper management. Friendly people that are willing to help if needed. Small team, meaning less drama. Able to laugh and joke with others. Enjoyed my time there.
Management and High Overturn
Procedure Coordinator/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMarch 28, 2012
There is no job security and HR is not very friendly.
The doctors are all very nice people that are willing to help you learn new things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colon & Rectal Surgery. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about