Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company Employee Reviews

United States695 reviews

commissionagentincomesaleinsurancesupplementalprospectbusiness

Supportive team environment

Had really good training and mentoring programs. Great place to work! My manager was very helpful and invested in my success. I felt included and encouraged by my team.

Low pay

Low commissions and earning potential. You don’t close cases and enroll them then you don’t get paid. Typical just like other brands, AFLAC, etc. Made the money I needed to make, then hit the door running. Lack of support for newbies. When I joined, I had over 5years of experience.

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

Productive and Fun place to work

Great support teams and career building influences. They are more than family and friends here at colonial life And accident insurance. Prices and our competitive value added services help each and every client!

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Very competitive

Exciting and challenging

I like meeting and presenting to people. Management does reach out often to make sure if you need help or not. The job provides a sense of satisfaction and is equally educational.

Pros

Never a dull moment

Cons

Commission requires work

Great for meeting new people

Great for meeting new people, great products, difficult to sell to businesses especially when Covid started. Must be dedicated and motivated to get out there each day and be ready for lots of rejection.

Pros

Work your own schedule

Cons

Contract work

Excellent people to work with

Be ready to support yourself while building a client base. It takes time.Have some means of support in place or you will likely fail. Be prepared to put yourself out there in a face to face way.Become the boss and make the money.

Pros

Freedom and independence.

Cons

Slow to start up.

Getting to help people

It's new day everyday, with challenges and opportunities. Not everyone is equally considered, it depends on what you do for the company. Watch out for yourself, its a revolving door of sorts.

Pros

Unlimited Income

Cons

You're only as good as your last sale.

It was overall a great place to work at if you have a new baby the hours were 3am-2pm and I just wasn’t getting enough sleep

Good company but I felt like the hours could be more better because you really couldn’t get enough sleep and things like that but I liked the fact that I got the schedule I had

Do not work here

Unless you want to wait 6 weeks to possibly get paid. And that is a small chance based on where you live. The only thing that I took out of the company was going to random places and talking to random business people trying to sell insurance

Fun place to work

Remote location but when we were able to get together we had a great time. The managers were extremely helpful. There were not many out of cost expenses.

Great place to advance

They are always looking to promote within! They really care about your success. Your compensation totally depends on your production. If you work hard, the system works:

Pros

Cons

Comission

Awesome people to work with, not much money to be made.

I was surrounded by incredible leaders who cared for me and my success and wanted me to do well, however, the lack of money that I saw is what drove me to ultimately part ways. It is a commission only job and it is not immediately gratifying. You will be required to build your book of business by cold calling and walking into businesses. This is not a product that people actively seek, so you will be their first impression and will have to educate them on services. If you choose to enroll in this company, make sure you have structure or savings in order to pay your bills. This company is truly a good one and cares about the people they write products for, have good values and morals, but their flaw is no salary or employer contributed benefits.

95% of people won’t make a living working here

Only the managers tend to make any real money at Colonial Life. New agents are hired constantly to do all of the grunt work for the management. They’re the ones who cold call and walk into businesses. The managers sit back and watch, and help the newbies open accounts. The agents are paid peanut commissions. The managers are paid very high sales plan bonuses, and high bonuses and overrides. If you aren’t on a manager contract, which is an ADM or DGA, you can’t make a livable income.

Not for a beginner

Colonial Life is an excellent company and does great customer service for policyholders, but someone with limited sales experience will have an extreme learning curve and a long adjustment period to k on what is correct to do to achieve goals

Pros

Pay, products, company customer service

Cons

Lack of guidance for newcomers to the indistry

family-like work culture but a really hard hustle

Serving municipal workers was especially gratifying, however, the leads were not good and the pay left a lot to be desired. Managerial coaching and work culture were way above average. The bottom line is that you will not make a viable living unless you are a manager.

Pros

flexibility, great people

Cons

the pay is not good

Fast paced work environment

I enjoyed my time at this company. The company pays for the license. The online program is challenging and rewarding and the pass rate is very high.

It’s all commission

It’s on you to put in the work it can pay off eventually with residuals, you just have to make it a few months without making anything. Make sure you have some savings

Pros

If you hit a big account

Cons

No training pay, wasting time

Finally have ownership of my career

I’ve been in my role with Colonial for about 6 months. Yes, it’s commission and bonuses only, but I trusted my leaders, the process and the system (I WAS SCARED BY THE WAY). I don’t have a degree, I don’t have a ton of financial support BUT i do have work ethic and discipline. I hit my sales goals, I turn my phone off at 5:30pm and on the weekends, and all I do is talk to people all day. I left a 6 figure role, because I wanted to help people and not be stuck in an office all day and I want to do something impactful for generations to come. This isn’t for you if you’re still in the mindset of being at a job. This isn’t the place for you if you’re afraid of trusting yourself to do the work.This is for you if are disciplined, want work life balance and want to make a ton of money. Take advantage of the resources and be willing to learn.

Greta overall

I’m new, so far the experience has been awesome, have much to learn and hope to learn as much as I can. I want to work hard and see where it takes me.

Good opportunity to learn

The management only care about numbers and how much leads you can produce. You can grow and learn a lot if your manager actually cares about your advancement.

Very productive and fun. Training is outstanding!

Best support team I've ever experienced! I enjoyed my time at Colonial Life. The core team actually care about you, both professionally and personally. Great sales enviorment!

Pros

Support and work culture commission structure and work life balance

Cons

Straight commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company with

• Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?