Colonial Management Group Employee Reviews

One of the best jobs I have had, great work environment
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  DeSoto County, MSAugust 15, 2018
I have really enjoyed my time with CMG. Even though the hours are super early, I look forward to going to work each day. The PD is fair, understanding, and extremely helpful. The staff works well together to support each other and make the patient feel valued as a person and welcome each day. I would hate for one negative review discourage anyone from seeking employment with a great clinic. Haven’t had much interaction with the higher higher ups, but Regional Director has always been very gracious whenever she visits our clinic. A typical day is busy with seeing patients and when clinic is done dosing, you have ample amount of time to finish up any documentation from the day.
Pros
Fun, family environment
Former employee desoto
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Walls, MSAugust 8, 2018
I went to hr about my problems and the hostile environment, they sent me to the RD. Weeks before this, I filed a complaint to the internal ethics deptarment. My PD started retaliation within a week. Corporate turned ablind eye to it and this seems to be the culture at CMG from what I'm reading.
Benefits
Cons
Poor work environment
PD threatens us all the time
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 4, 2018
Our PD threatens us with losing our jobs several times a week constantly threatens to write us up is hardly ever there will speak to us most of the time until regional director is about to come then she walks around and try to talk to us. She has created division i'm on counselors and leader ship and talks about leadership people to counselors also talks to other counselors about each other in a mean way trying to pick people against each other. She tells us that we can break certain rules but then yells at us for breaking those rules and she won't communicate with us most of the time and has said in meetings she doesn't have to communicate with us
Pros
Patents
Cons
Pd, threats to write us up and fire us.
Terrible place to work...high turn over, poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Hanover County, NCJuly 13, 2018
Don’t work for this company. Hands down, it is unethical in many avenues and the upper management you have do not help you at all. You will be overstressed to an unhealthy max and underpaid. Lots of secrecy happens behind the scenes as well and they will make you look like a fool to half your patients when they tell you to do something with your patient and then take it back when the patient goes to them about it.
Cons
Very difficult management with harsh style
Clinician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 23, 2018
I was terminated for absolutely no reason by a manager that was off site and had no understanding of my work performance. Training was vague and not focused. Corporate management was not professional and top heavy , they made day to day operations very difficult with unneeded directions from a series of unqualified staff.
Awful place to work.
Pros
Cons
Management not informed and was punitive.
Do not waste your time, money, go else where that value their employees!
Case Worker-Intake (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2018
Hours are too early, managements only cares about the money, no leadership skills at all. TSC A F...MESS; The clients are great but that's about it! They do not care about the staff, work them until you can be replaced.
culture diversity
LCDC II Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 6, 2018
I started day with individual counseling sessions, assessment and treatment plans. The management was amazing. My boss was excellent and I enjoyed my co workers and customers.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
turn overs
Terrible work environment.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Hanover County, NCApril 30, 2018
the most horrible place ever, this company is insane
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 7, 2018
The people at the corporate office turn a blind eye to serious, dangerous problems. The last PD had a drug problem herself and fell out in the floor at work presumably due to drug overdose. The people in positions above the PD never wanted to hear the problems, despite several hundred complaints within 90 days they took no action. Not until the PD fell out in the floor did anyone even try to do anything. This company doesn't care at all about the employees. It is a dangerous place to work. There is no teamwork here due to the poor management practices, everyone is sneaking around tattle-telling on each other like kindergarten kids because this is the culture of this company. People here are not given training they need. There is no help to be found at this place for patients, only dysfunction and poor leadership.
Pros
no, there are none
Cons
daily abuse at work from management, lack of training, chaotic environment
Worst job experience of my life
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALApril 3, 2018
I don’t have anything nice to say about my experience here related to management and ethics. I have been working for a long time and can honestly say the lack of leadership and lack of commitment to the patients there is utterly sad. This is NOT a place I would return to or recommend to anyone for employment.
Pros
Get off work early
Cons
Management, Lack of ethics, Poor salary compensation
Awesome Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 24, 2018
Awesome organization to work for. Moving in the right direction. Must be able/willing to adapt to change. As with any agency you will have growing pains, but at my particular clinic we are well supported.
Pros
Supportive trainings, tuition reimbursement, benefits, advancement opportunity
Cons
Competitive salary
Great opportunity in the field
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Maine, MEFebruary 28, 2018
Opportunity for training, education benefits, support and role advancement within a nationwide company. Patient care is top priority. Collaborative team environment.
I currently do not have a review to give
Addictions Counselor, Case Manger (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2018
At the present, i do not have a review to give at this time. I have only been at the company a short while and cannot speak fully regarding the job or place of employment.
The workplace is never boring. There is always something new happening.
Addictions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Work is fast paced between documentation, problem solving, multi-tasking, counseling in different areas, based on individual patient needs and/or concerns. Many times, you learn how to deal with similar patient situations but in a way that suits the individual. Many times as a counselor, you have to diffuse potential negative incidents and altercations while maintaining a professional demeanor and be able to problem solve. As a professional counselor, you are expected to time manage your duties and responsibilities while also attending meetings, training sessions, conducting workshops and submitting reports on a timely basis. Workplace culture is diverse and one has to be culturally conscious. The hardest part of the job, though you get used to it, is that the hours are from 4:30am - 1:pm or 5:00am - -1:30pm. Nevertheless, at the end of the day, it is great to see patients making positive changes or at least starting to.
Pros
All staff trainings are free and the company accomodates time and meals.
Cons
Work hours are difficult to adjust to. It takes time and a toll on your body.
Begin with the end in mind.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Don't expect to stay longer than 2 years max. There are no defined expectations. Management is poorly trained and ill equipped to lead a team of employees. The saddest and most unacceptable part of Colonial Management Group, is the fact that the company is in the business of saving lives. People who are Opiate dependent rely on this company to assist them in recovery. Recovery of patients is the last thing this company does. This organization is completely money/profit focused without regard to an equal balance of the two.
Pros
Cons
None.
ok job
Dosing Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 18, 2018
ok job for begginner . I don't like the fact of dealing with money. Proud to help patients! No break is given but they take it out of your pay no happy about that at all.
A lot of changes in short period of time.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day consisted of individual counseling sessions with patients, writing DAP notes, treatment plans, and doing drug screens. All the counselors case load consisted of at least 65 patients which made it hard to complete all paperwork on time.
Worst Job Ever!!!
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 1, 2017
Horrible management. From corporate office down, to the in house management. Micro management meets ethics violations daily!! Do not risk your licensure for CMG!!!
Pros
There is bone. The worst job ever!
Cons
Ethics and Sanity!!!!!
Can be a difficult and stressful job field to work in
Director of Accreditation and Corporate Compliance (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2017
Handled accreditation and compliance for the company in addition to Regional Director responsibilities for 13 years, 4 months. Developed policies and procedures, accreditation documentation, provided training throughout the US. Traveled extensively and frequently. This particular job field has generally high turnover which necessitates the constant training, supervision and compliance reviews of the facilities, the personnel, and the work. Difficult job to do for someone who doesn't intimately understand the business.
Love Working here
Master's Level Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 28, 2017
Dream Job would stay if i wasnt moving. Staff is very friendly and the company cares about their employees. The company strives to make sure their employees are well taken of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colonial Management Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3