Colonial Employee Reviews

Work environment
Machine Operator ({Slitter) (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 12, 2019
Working with the company was a learning experience. Management has their favorites. Some of the senior employees did not welcome new employees as team players should.
Pros
15 minutes breaks
Cons
no diveristy in the working enviroment
Worst job ever!!!
Dock Worker/Utility Man (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 2, 2019
Supervisors talk to you any kind of way, they will keep you on Temp for YEAR'S and the pay suck $8.50 - $9.00/hr. Worst place I've ever worked. No room for advancement, No job Stability and ALWAYS Walking on egg shells don't know if you have a job from one day to another.
Pros
Don't have ANY
Cons
Poor Management and Rude Supervisors
not a profitable place to work
Sales consultant - B2B sales, licensed in Oregon (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 31, 2018
Commission work is very difficult to get started. The company was not doing as well as I was originally led to believe when interviewed. My supervisor was outstanding. He put a lot of time and effort in to training me in insurance sales
Drama!
Shipping/ Inspector (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 25, 2018
Fighting brothers everyday. One day you work their and the next one brother gets mad at the other and fires 10 people just to call them back 2 weeks later wanting you back. The cycle repeats over and over.
Supervisors is an amazing person.
Sewing Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 2, 2018
Colonial is a very flexible place depending on where you are working. They give you hours according to your life needs. The supervisors are friendly and understanding.
Pros
Schedule to your preferances
Cons
Low pay, lack of work
Exceptional training, management is very supportive
District General Agent (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 16, 2018
Colonial Life has an amazing culture, The territory manager is very supportive, and so is everyone else. The training is exceptional. I love working here!
Pros
unlimited income potentioal
Lack of support from the manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAMarch 21, 2018
Poor management, nice guy but not always available for help.
No leads we needed to find our own leads, always harder, no base pay, commission only, no money.
I enjoyed working there because i love to saw and be productive. time went by fast. and
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 20, 2018
Sawing is something that I enjoy. the machines worked well and i was able to get my job done. making my quote rs for the day was easy. sawing for serta and mattress firm displays was interesting.
I worked 2nd shift was the ideal hours for me.
Pros
sometime we got the chance to dumpster dive for fabric rimnents.
Cons
breaks was a little short.
Terrible workplace
Warehouse/Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 8, 2018
Colonial is not the type company that I would suggest if your are looking for fair treatment, job security or a fair salary. If you live with your parents and have very limited responsibilities that maybe it would be for you. The management staff do not appreciate their employees and are very disrespectful. Do NOT APPLY.
Pros
Cons
Poorly ran operation
driving far
Electrician Technician (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 14, 2017
Driving most of the to the shop to load the truck then to the job site
you will learn have to install generators, material and how to use
to finish the job
Fun place to work. Co-workers are the best. Felt like a part of a family
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 8, 2017
The Clinical Manager has a great attitude. Always willing to stand up fir what is right and the truth. Never felt like we were being micro managed. She always treated you like an adult.
Pros
Drug rep brought lunches. They always found ways to boost morale.
Cons
Always busy. Had to eat on the go.
Colonial Life January 1997-April 2011
Prem Tech II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 6, 2017
over the last 6 months I worked at Colonial, work load increased, longer hours required, frequent change in managers

We were required to complete 100 learning hours per year

I really enjoyed my job and would have stayed if not for the longer hours, stress and poor management.
Colonial
Installer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI 48083October 13, 2017
They are shutting down the company Nov. 6th 2017. This was a party rental company that rented out linen, tents, chairs, tables, and various decor items. It was a fun experience, and I will miss the people I worked with.
Horrible place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJOctober 3, 2017
I was terminated for bad sales numbers yet their system was wrong and did not calculate how well I was doing correctly...

The managers are a joke and do not help at all

The CEO will not remember your name and there is only 25 employees...
Cons
Need to look in the mirror
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 2, 2017
Colonial has been a great company since it was founded 75+ years ago. This biggest issue is the way the management is hired in each state to run those states. It doesn't matter if you have had any previous experience you will be hired if you had a decent year in sales the year before.

Most Veteran reps are left out in the cold for new reps that can't make it on their own even after the training period.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor Management, Kentucky State Manager has no experience and should not been in this role.
working BDC Sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAAugust 31, 2017
This the place where I got my start in sales and in the auto industry.

I had by far the best manager I have ever worked for in my life, I've worked varies jobs in my 26 years in the workforce. He is everything you want in manager and leader. When Laine left the company everything changed and unfortunately not in a good way. I saw an opportunity with a different dealership (KIA) with a similar product so I jumped while the iron was still hot.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Boys club - change in management
Fun place to work
Sales Interperator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 15, 2017
Colonial Williamsburg is a fun place to work, but being a tourist attraction, it is seasonal. It also has management problems. Interacting with visitors from all over the world is fun and exciting.
Productive work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 27, 2017
Work is good but there could be more advancement. I was a temp for two years and moved up in job but then got put back down and it happened all the time.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No advancement
lease driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 9, 2017
truck driver Skilled Laborer , yard, forklifts, loading unloading, driving transportation expert travel customer service people skills business management
Great company with growing niche markets
Assistant Underwriter (Former Employee) –  corner cubeAugust 3, 2016
Very good company, very friendly relaxed environment with heavy work load and lots of distractions. Minimal training on job expectations with poor structural formalized instruction.Lots of vague and ambiguous training. You must figure things out for yourself, questioning discouraged and penalized. Exclusionary culture ,but friendly on surface.
Strict management protocol, unforgiving of mistakes....
Overall Good company if you are willing to not ask questions and follow direction to the letter with no deviation. Recommended for smart, but shy, passive personalities that do not question or to any degree disagree with management decision making. So be willing to be mute and not offer input for work wenvirment challenges unless you haven immediarte solutions. Proceed with caution...
Overall Great company for the obedient quiet worker!!!
Pros
snacks
Cons
noisy environment