Colonial

Colonial Employee Reviews

Colonial insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging

The people were great

the people were great to work with and be around but the job didn't give any great benefits what so ever. and didn't really pay well. i never got a raise.

Pros

great people

Cons

no raise

From bad to worse

I worked for this company for 2 yrs. When I left, I felt like the only thing I gained while working there, was the experience I could add to my resume. The mgmt isn't consistent and if you have concerns, it was like pulling teeth to get someone to answer questions. The patient care was poor; some employees bent over backwards to help residents..but unfortunately, the majority of staff was terrible. Not only hard to find, but some would leave and only returned to clock out at end of shift. It was ridiculous. I mainly worked on weekends, we didn't even have a weekend supervisor. There was no accountability. I decided to cut my losses and move forward somewhere else.

Pros

Baylor pay weekends

Cons

Food served to residents was terrible, no incentives.

If you are not ready to work 24/7 and not have a life; this may not be for you.

It's a husband/wife company and the company is very focused in making money quickly and they have goals set. You will be the person that is needed to run their business with no error and use your analytical thinking and problem solving to achieve their success.

ok place to work

completed daily duties such as - invoiced vendors, cut checks,completed payrolls, posted checks for deposits alot of micro management it was a very tense

Pros

owners easy to work with

Cons

no 401 k

N/a

Clean dishes,help make food, and giving food help clean up help make shower all the guess are OK and happy and sometimes you have help make plates and drinks

Outside sales

Outside cold sales are the worst and was not the best sales job I have ever had they get you in by telling you that you will make six figures in six months but that’s a lie the average is about 50 to 70 k if your good at it

I did not make any money there and they refuse to work with me after 4-5 month

As I mention I did not recieve proper training from management. I was placed with a new manager who just leaning the business. He was not good in instructing others.

Contract state 4 days work $130/day. . Not true. They over hire. Standby drivers with no work

Hired. Excited. Go to area to start. Sign in sheet. Wait. 38 drivers. 15 get a truck. Everyone who signed in must go to warehouse and help load trucks. Pay-$25. So why are u here? Cuz the contract STATES that we will be scheduled days to work u have to appear or be fired. But the schudule doesn't mean they put u to work ( and it's NOT first come, first served.) They have fav drivers. If a fav drivers was out, then maybe out of the may out of the 23 spare drivers, u get work for just one day. Also, this job is rediculous. Everyone cud do a better job if they reduced the load, buy more trucks and get better service. But they'd rather have profits to owners.

Great people

The people at the office are wonderful and super helpful. If you have a passion for sales, you will be successful. You have the potential to make your own hours.

Easy going, great customers

I was just a hair dresser so majority of my customers lived in the community and were fun to work with. A lot of my work was alone and on my own terms.

Colonial great place to work

It was a a fun place where u work on your own pace the people their we're so friendly.. The manager was too. Really peaceful place to work i really liked working there

Work environment

Working with the company was a learning experience. Management has their favorites. Some of the senior employees did not welcome new employees as team players should.

Pros

15 minutes breaks

Cons

no diveristy in the working enviroment

Worst job ever!!!

Supervisors talk to you any kind of way, they will keep you on Temp for YEAR'S and the pay suck $8.50 - $9.00/hr. Worst place I've ever worked. No room for advancement, No job Stability and ALWAYS Walking on egg shells don't know if you have a job from one day to another.

Pros

Don't have ANY

Cons

Poor Management and Rude Supervisors

not a profitable place to work

Commission work is very difficult to get started. The company was not doing as well as I was originally led to believe when interviewed. My supervisor was outstanding. He put a lot of time and effort in to training me in insurance sales

Drama!

Fighting brothers everyday. One day you work their and the next one brother gets mad at the other and fires 10 people just to call them back 2 weeks later wanting you back. The cycle repeats over and over.

Supervisors is an amazing person.

Colonial is a very flexible place depending on where you are working. They give you hours according to your life needs. The supervisors are friendly and understanding.

Pros

Schedule to your preferances

Cons

Low pay, lack of work

Fairly relaxing environment

Great starter job. Pay is not the best at all, they don't like to actually hire employees but instead just abuse staffing agencies. Most notably I enjoyed the fact I was able to just work and not really be micromanaged. I learned more about my job and how to effectively fix various issues with their processes even if my findings were not implemented by others or really even recognized by the company. I really never was provided with a clear distinction of my job title or duties as an employee. This made working there rather difficult at times, especially when things slowed down. I learned some great skills pertaining to inventory and processing inbound and outbound product.

Pros

Relaxed environment, fast paced, mostly consistent work load

Cons

Short lunches, no pay increases or benefits of any kind, no 401k

Exceptional training, management is very supportive

Colonial Life has an amazing culture, The territory manager is very supportive, and so is everyone else. The training is exceptional. I love working here!

Pros

unlimited income potentioal

Lack of support from the manager

Poor management, nice guy but not always available for help.No leads we needed to find our own leads, always harder, no base pay, commission only, no money.

I enjoyed working there because i love to saw and be productive. time went by fast. and

Sawing is something that I enjoy. the machines worked well and i was able to get my job done. making my quote rs for the day was easy. sawing for serta and mattress firm displays was interesting. I worked 2nd shift was the ideal hours for me.

Pros

sometime we got the chance to dumpster dive for fabric rimnents.

Cons

breaks was a little short.

Terrible workplace

Colonial is not the type company that I would suggest if your are looking for fair treatment, job security or a fair salary. If you live with your parents and have very limited responsibilities that maybe it would be for you. The management staff do not appreciate their employees and are very disrespectful. Do NOT APPLY.

Pros

Cons

Poorly ran operation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colonial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Colonial