ColonialWebb Employee Reviews

Danger, Danger don't work here, read review
Ammonia tech (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 26, 2019
Lies, lies and liars....
Don't sign the "Sign on bonus" it's a rip. You must work 24 months to pay it off. If not they take you to court to get all the money back.
IT IS A BACK STABBING COMPANY. Everybody to Techs and management is working against you.
You use your vacation days for slow or no work days.
Full time hire but only work part time.
Jobs locations are two to six drives each day.
All the Chicken slaughter houses and Food distribution companies hate Colonial Webb and they preferred you would not come back, but you service them under contract.
As a tech I did every body elses job but mine.
Office does not communicate where to go on a day to day basis.
For the most you just to find work to survive.
I was told by one tech not to come back to a particular job site, so he could have more work through out the week.
Company vehicle kept breaking down and I had to take vacation time to pay my non work days.
You work by yourself on dangerous projects with no back up help.
Pros
Non
Cons
Lies, lies and more, lies, office is lazy to get information to you, like weeks
It was a good place to work with great employees.
Welder/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 8, 2019
The company was a good place to work that allowed for you to be able to make a good living and provide for your family as any man would want to do. The employees and coworkers is what made the company a great place to work.
Cut throat back stabbing
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 12, 2018
ColonialWebb Webb is famous for hiring when they get accounts then firing when they don’t have as many accounts they lie about a employees work so they have reason to fire
Pros
Non
Cons
A lit
Communication and Accountability is not practiced at Colonial Webb
Sheet Metal Mechanic/Foreman (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 16, 2018
Communication is a major issue and you must stay on top of management if you want to see any changes. Don't get your expectations to high unless you are close buddy to management. The good guys get the shaft.
Great pay poor management
Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 17, 2018
Been here for a few years ,when I started they promised all this work and made you comfortable working here, well after being here you are struggling to get 40 hours ,they expect you to also do estimates for jobs ,order material ,call the customer if your going to exceed the original estimate ,they put as much as they can on the guys in the field and expect you to be on call 24/7
Poor management style, not very efficient ,very stressful, put way too much on technicians, office dispatchers screw up all the time ,but never their fault
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Overworked, stressful, poor management and office staff
Happy here
current employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 16, 2018
Colonial is a good place to work. I have worked here for a while and really like where the company is heading and what I do. Days go by quickly and managers not only ask for my opinion but I feel like it makes a difference. No complaints, pay is good and so are benefits. My family is happy I work here.
Great existing management and good new internal staff
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2018
The workplace culture is all about integrity, empathy, safety, and treating people with fairness and respect. Staff are friendly and helpful. There are opportunities for advancement in the trades (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, pipefitting, and even in safety roles, and project engineering, etc.)

Overall good place to work and competitive wages.
Pros
The work environment, emphasis on safety, job growth opportunities
WorkPlace Culture
Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 7, 2018
The company ingrains safety into you so much that so that you take it home and start treating as a part of your life instead of something needed to keep your job.
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Amelia Court House, VAJune 6, 2018
Fast paced and energetic company. Chance to grow with company. Enjoyed working with this company and fellow co-workers. Company maintained a good work environment.
Busy and Productive Work Enviornment
Industrial Refrigeration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 8, 2018
Excellent place to work with a strong enviornment for growth and productivity.

Plenty of opportunities to advance inside your own career path or even switch to another career path and develp within the company.
A family atmosphere
Business Improvement and Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 28, 2018
I loved coming in and seeing the people I worked with every day. I learned so much while I worked there, I always had a new project to challenge me. The management collaborated with the team and made you feel like you made a difference. ColonialWebb is definitely a family culture, they take care of their own, I would recommend them for anyone looking for a career that they want to be at for a long time.
Pros
Company Events, Supportive, Family Atmosphere, Chance for growth/challenges
Cons
Too many cooks in the kitchen at times, otherwise, not too much.
Coordinate service technicians for the Charlottesville Region
Coordinator / Dispatcher Charlottesville Region (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 21, 2018
This was an action packed high volume customer service driven environment. enjoyed working with some of the best in the business. truly a professional place to work
Relaxed yet productive
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 27, 2018
Worked here for several months. Staff was very welcoming and supportive. Senior technicians are very passionate about their work and happy to share their knowledge.
Pros
Freedom
average
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 10, 2018
pay is ok ...too many favorites in management...not much room to advance...stressful work place...opinion didn't mean much to management..you are just a number there not a name.
Good Company to Work for Overall
Industrial Refrigeration Drafter (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 14, 2017
A typical day of work is consulting with the engineer to develop the a drawing set, which is good, I have learned better ways in working with people, different ways to utilize AutoCAD, and working to different standards set by clients.

The management is relaxed, but making deadlines

the hardest part is the set of the drawing, because we work with 2d and 3D drawings.

I enjoy the teamwork, being able to talk with coworkers, and build friendships
ColonialWebb walks the talk
Health and Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 30, 2017
I love being a part of the ColonialWebb family! Being a Comfort Systems, USA Company, I also get the opportunity to network with like-minded professionals across the country. Throughout my (10+ year) career I have advanced from the field into management and can say that the organization has facilitated my success - the same way it has for many other friends that I work alongside.
Great company.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 20, 2017
This is a very family friendly company. They care about your work-life balance and also care about making sure you get as many learning opportunities as you want.
fun and productive place
Journeyman Plumber (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 16, 2017
The would start with project that were not completed the day before and a regular work day. We would take break at 0900. and lunch at 1200. By 1500 the day is over.
claim to be your work family ! but watch your back!
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 25, 2017
existing Management very poor !
cannot manage!
only about profits!
HVAC service dept.
you are a plumber . a refrig tech . a control tech. and any thing that they tell the customer you can do.
aslong as you can bill a customer you will have a job. but once they need to increase your pay you are gone.
Pros
Cons
many
Okay if you get in with the job you want
HVAC Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2017
Some of the people there are genuinely good people the work they do is good.

The problem arises in the management at least the ones I dealt with. They are a part of the good old boy system where you don't have to worry about your job if your friends with the boss. So even if you have a complaint about a fellow employee not doing his job your just going to have to pick up his slack because "I've known **** 30 years and he would never do something like that"

If management doesn't change ColonialWebb deserves to lose more contracts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ColonialWebb. Our community is ready to answer.