Colony Brands, Inc.
77Above average

Colony Brands, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States224 reviews
Poor
I worked there for 18 years!!! Worked my way up to Sr. Supervisor!! My boss was very supportive and understanding but as a whole the company has gone down hill very badly since I started back in 2001!! I would not recommend working there!!
Good Pay and Benefits bearable work
Great pay. Workload is difficult getting used to right away. You don’t get told everything in the bakery so you have to figure some stuff out or ask for help. Full time benefits are great.
Very flexible. Good training.
This is a high-pressure job. Calls come in continuously. I wish the pay were higher and benefits were offered for part-time home agents. Other than that, it's a great place to work if you need to be remote.
Quality place to work
These guys really care about the employees between the many many incentive programs and the friendly upper management this is a delightful place to work
Best Job Hands Down
If you can handle customer service, work a computer properly, and answer a phone pleasantly, then you will do well. But working here is so much more than that. You grow to become a part of a family. From training all the way up to management. These guys do whatever it takes to be there for all of their people. They drive you to succeed and share in the excitement when you achieve goals. You will never find that anywhere else.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I like this job one of the best i had so far
Colony is a good job to grow in they will teach you what you need to no also the work is really easy plus you get alot of overtime as long as you wanna work
Aweful
Has flexible schedule. You are required to sell no matter if customer says no. They say ignore them more or less and push to the point of making customers angry. Supervisor (2nd shift) is terrible, remembers nothing and changes what was said even though you have proof otherwise. Maybe the others are better. One is not and better pray you don’t get them. They try to run you off! Required to work outside of availability & schedule.
Amazing Work Life Balance
Colony Brands cares about their employees and are rated as one of the nicest companiess to work for in America. They will treat you as family and have many career employees.
Money is the bottom line
I started working for Colony Brands as a CSR3 taking incoming orders for recent peak. The hours were plentiful until around January they dried up and just recently picked back up again in March for one reason: The Epidemic that is sweeping that nation. Being HQ'ed in the State of Wisconsin would make you wonder why a Phone Catalog Brand selling gift items, fancy clothes, and housewares via multiple call centers and logistical departments would be able to operate under Governors Safe at Home order deeming all non-essential businesses to close its doors for 30 days. Technically knickknacks, dress shoes, bunt cake pans and $50 easter baskets would be viewed by the general publics standpoint to NOT be essential but instead of following common sense, they decide to vaguely use the letter of the law as "food" (Although extremely overpriced with minimal nutritional value food) technically exempts them from closing up. I work from home so I am in the clear but this shows how they value all of the multiple physical call centers where workers share equipment (i.e Phones, Computers, Chairs) barely partitioned from each other and continue on slamming down forced extra sales over the phone ("Sir, is there is this great Easter Wreath on Sale for $29.99, would you like to add that to your order?"), all while the unfortunate logistical team making sure working together to push out all those non-essential orders out ASAP.

Frankly Colony Brands isn't the exception in this sad tale but instead of selling a positive example they rather show the downright greed and disregard for the health
 - more...
Flexibility and perks
I liked working for Colony Brands because the people were great to work with and the perks were wonderful. The shift flex is nice for someone with a family or just to make a bit of extra money for the holidays.
Giid comapny
Great company to work for. Flexible hours great starting pay. Great job for anyone who is okay with part time hours of 10-15 a week. Great employee discounts and friendly staff.
Working conditions
My manager made it hard for me to learn all that I was suppose to learn. She yelled a lot and was disrespectful. I really had a bad experience but I stuck it out. She gave made me nervous. Colony Brands itself has good benefits.
Lots of employee benefits that come with the job. Good people to work with. Free food. Easy enough job to learn. Management was good to the workers. Fun place to work.
The job is good because of the flexability of the hours
I enjoy working there because I get to talk to a lot of people from different areas of the country and I get a chance to help them solve issues with their orders or their bills.
It was a decent part time job, but my school schedule interfered with my work schedule
It was a great temporary job the customer’s were very tolerable & my co workers always helped brighten my day, the starting pay was great for a young student like myself & I would definitely recommend the job to a friend
Not a permanent fit
I began working for colony brands during peak season and was really hoping to continue working for them all year. The work itself is fine and the management team is very attentive and helpful. However after peak season I was only averaging maybe 6 hours per week. One week I was scheduled 2 hours on 2 days only.
It’s not a bad place to work and if you live in the right state you can work from home. However you can’t count on consistently being scheduled enough work time and if that’s your only source of income it won’t cut it.
Extremely fast paced. If making batches, have to be good with measurements and being able to keep up with production.
I enjoyed working there, and the people I worked with. Very fast pace environment and strenuous area that I worked in. Computer work was involved in every step of my job on top of making batches. Can be very strenuous. Job is very high demanding. But the pay was good.
Great, SUPER EASY Job, I love it!
It's Part-Time but fun, no managers harassing you. In my position the customers are pretty nice. Customers pretty much know to have their catalog Item Numbers ready so it's easy. The company hounds you about up-selling; which is a pain. If you have any sales in your background; you can tell by conversation if a person is willing to buy more so no need to harass them and also mess up your phone time. There phone system sucks! Always blaming the employees for inadequate equipment when there phone is always going out. If you like and shop with them you get EXCELLENT Employee discounts that compensates for the low pay. Overall I love my job. The managers always seem to have nice stuff to say to you and pretty much don't bother you. Get in do your job, chill and shop!
The job is boring.
The job is for more of an individual that has their minds and goals set for the day. There should not be many distractions for the Them to perform excellence at their job
One on one training by your Manager if needed.
I liked the close team building .
Nice training by Management.

Learned about most of their product and processes quickly.

Low pay for job performed. Did not look at over 20 years of Management in my resume.

Expected to move into middle or upper management. This did not happen.
Love the people n company
Very fair and flexible had to take medical leave it was not a problem The paperwork great they have an in-house store you can buy with employee discounts and you can buy online employee discounts they have a little stretching program before work I love the security of the facility they work with you they find things that you can do that's a great place to work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colony Brands, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.