Colony Brands, Inc. Employee Reviews

fun
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WINovember 7, 2018
great company, fun environment, great incentives, seasonal positions, fast paced, busy christmas season, great pay, raises and incentives increase every season
Pros
incentives
Cons
seasonal
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIApril 16, 2018
A fast paced place to work. Good benefits, comfortable working environment, better than average insurance, competitive salary. While the company has grown a LOT, it still has a bit of a 'family' feel. I have been given endless opportunities to advance and grown. I am grateful for all the time I have spent with this company. Colony Brands is very involved in the community.
Work at home good start
Home Agent III (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WISeptember 21, 2018
Great work home balance. Flexible schedule every week, management is easy to work with. Monthly communication meetings.
Great discounts with our business partners and we can increase or decrease our availability within a specific time frame
Pros
discount incentives
Cons
hrs based on call volume
N/a
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Peosta, IADecember 21, 2018
It’s alright to work at this place and management is alright but there are decent people to work with and the job is pretty easy learn... they’re training is pretty good
Good second job
Embroidery Prep/Picker (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WINovember 7, 2018
Great job for a second income. Very flexible on hours. Multiple positions available for various interests. Advancement opportunities are also possible.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
mostly seasonal
good place to work and advance
factory (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WISeptember 5, 2018
good place to work willing to train and have advancement good team environment. equal opportunity company. good training and safety possible temp to hire
Good community and environment
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJune 3, 2018
I was a part-time worker, and only worked 8-hour shifts on Saturdays, but my time there was a blessing. We were compensated well for our work, (with food and gifts during the holiday season) and the people who trained us were genuinely happy to help. Management was a little iffy because we were there for such a short period. Would work there again.
Pros
Free food now and then
Cons
Only two 15-minute breaks for an 8-hour shift
Cool place to work.
Home Agent III (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIJuly 22, 2018
I began working with Colony Brands, Inc almost 2 years ago. I have the ability to work from the comfort of my home. A typical day at work consists of answering inbound calls from customers and placing their catalog orders, recording monthly payments, or answering any questions and inquiries regarding the products we offer or concerns about their personal account history. We have monthly Communication Meetings that are facilitated by our Training and Administrative teams which address new information pertaining to our job description. We are also briefed daily with emails which target specific information about our Business partners, new procedures and new incentives. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking with our customers and knowing they are completely satisfied with my customer service skills and our selective products. Management has been supportive from the onset of my employment and we have incredible resources online and several support Departments that are always available to assist when needed. The hardest part of my job is not being able to complete my tour/shift due to Staff reduction because of very low call volume, which occurs intermittently. Our busy season begins in August through December and we have several opportunities to add or exchange hours as often as business allows.
Pros
Cash incentives for Upsell, A generous Employee discount for all our Business partners, an Employee Store, A dedicated employee line for purchasing items for all our business partners, the option of adding, exchanging, hours with co-workers, the autonomy of managing your own personal career, limited stress. New opportunities are available.
Cons
Staff reduced hours after the schedule has been published.
Decent work, unpredictable hours
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WINovember 9, 2018
This is a seasonal job only and will end around Christmas. I took this job only as a temporary position while looking for a full-time position. Often sent home early or told not to come in the next day due to low work, yet they keep on hiring more forklift drivers in anticipation of lots of work between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Pros
Decent work environment, day goes by quickly
Cons
Low hours, no permanent employment option
Good discounts and merchandise bonuses
Seasonal Home (Call Center) Agent (Current Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 10, 2018
Call center hourly rate is average or less. However, employee discounts are significant, and merchandise bonus coupons are given generously. Breaks are pre-scheduled as well as unpaid meal breaks, and you take them on time or immediately after the call you are on. Timekeeping is closely monitored even for home agents; do not expect to take extra breaks except for extremely brief bathroom breaks if absolutely necessary (and don't expect you could keep a cigarette going for between calls if a home agent - calls come fast and furious with barely a chance for a sip of water in between and missed calls are tracked). Additional hours, even overtime, are usually available but were not mandatory. Upselling attempts from a designated list of additional products is mandatory at the end of each call. You do receive a small commission from the sales. Training is adequate.
Pros
Discounts and merchandise bonuses, additional hours including overtime available
Cons
Hourly rate and mandatory upselling
Assistant Fulfillment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIFebruary 12, 2018
Hours can be long but overall a quality place to be employed. Peak season can be very stressful and will force you to work long hours. Management positions are overstaffed, not a lot of room for advancement.
It's a great place to work but no benefits that is why I want a new job I need a change of jobs
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIJune 19, 2018
It's a great place to work and they treat you good but I need benefits and one thing that I love about the place is how helpful and considerat the people can be they only want you to enjoy working there like they do
Pros
Treat employees great
Cons
No benefits
An exciting place to work
Advanced Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MODecember 4, 2017
Colony Brands can be a great place to work if you use it to your advantage. You are only allowed to work up to roughly 29 hours per week unless it's their peak season, which is during the Christmas season. You receive great discounts on their merchandise in addition to "company money" as an extra incentive. You also earn a percentage on "upsells'. It's fairly easy to advance for go-getters, but once you reach a certain point, the company tends to dangle opportunities that bring a heavier work load, with no pay increase, which ultimately leads to resentment and burnout. Overall, a good company.
Pros
Overtime during peak months, discounts, "company money", flexibility
Cons
Pay, advancement, no benefits
Nice to work from home
CSR Rep III (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIJanuary 29, 2018
* it's nice to be able to work from home!
* Lots of customer interactions
* monthly meetings and coachings
* Great management
* yearly raises
* work in your PJs!
Good pay, good job
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMarch 23, 2018
This job is worthwhile. As long as you can do what needs to be done, you'll do just fine. The management are very nice people and arer very helpful. Overall, I'd say it was a good job.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Hard work, have to be as safe as possible
very active place to work
Picker (Seasonal) and embroderiey (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIDecember 31, 2018
It was only seasonal. I was busy thru the day. Day to day activity was different.The company utilized me where ever they could. Could get called to work next year.
Pros
Everythig
Cons
Not a full time job
Warm Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IANovember 6, 2018
This was a fun and warm place to work a part time job while going to school, enjoyed the people I work. It was fast paced but so to challenging which allowed to actually enjoy what you were doing and help meet the needs of the customers.
Colony is awesome
Bakery Production Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIDecember 10, 2018
Colony Brands is a great place to work. just wish they hired in full time. i left there for a job with health insurance, i could not afford the tax penalty
Productive and fun games where you won gifts.
Home Agent (Former Employee) –  1112 Seventh Avenue Monroe, Wisconsin 53566August 13, 2018
Productive and fun games where you won gifts. If you loved to talk on the phone this was a great place to work. Since you are able to work from home and don't have to worry about running or being late to work. Also that you'll be on time to work and if you have small kids you don't have to pay someone to see over your kids.
Pros
you dont have to drive to work.
Cons
sick of the phone.
One of the best experiences of my career
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIJuly 10, 2018
The company is still undergoing a lot of changes. As scary as that may sound; it still shows that they recognize room for improvement and that there is growth(internal and external)
Pros
Paid Holiday’s; company discounts; insurance
Cons
For me, it was the location. I prefer to be in a city setting. It’s not really a Con, rather it’s more of personal preference.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colony Brands, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss