Coloplast Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2018
During my internship I got the chance to work in a company where its well diverse and the people are very friendly. I also experience how a company works in each departments and its cool to travel around as well like going to denmark or cali.
Problem solving skills machine operators will need why machines are not at their Peak Performance how to increase output and how to fix errors
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North Mankato, MNApril 1, 2018
Work with very heavy machine operator setting up to operation. I work with computer-controlled equipment. And more mechanically base machines to make sure they are set up properly working well giving quality product
Pros
There were nice bonuses around Christmas time
Cons
Lunch breaks were short
Urology Care is exhausting
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 30, 2018
They tout how great their leadership is publicly to themselves and how they strive for it. If striving for great leadership is measured by firing your executive leaders and replacing them in annual intervals, then according to their constant preaching to us they are great.

Other companies I have worked for define leadership not by the king in charge, but by making quick good decisions, defining company direction, supporting employees, mutual respect, giving praise, motivating the teams and developing managers vs. canning them.

Here's the reality of doing the opposite of what I list and have experienced above; new direction, new quotas, new plans, new compensation, and all from new leaders that arrive annually with little or no experience in the company and the business.

It's an exhausting place to work, a treadmill that no one can stay on, with little quality of life, nor career growth potential.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too many too list - thow in no new products in 5 years
Great company with a great culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 8, 2018
This company is a great place to work. The culture is very laid back but also very caring at the same time. Everyone cares about the job they are doing and the products that Coloplast produces.
Awful Management
Consumer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 5, 2018
Coloplast has poor management and will say whatever you want to hear to have you accept their job offer. I have never been so micromanaged in my professional career. In the 6 months I had worked there I went to human resources 3 times to talk about management but nothing was ever resolved. I have never felt so bullied by a supervisor in my professional career - I would not recommend working in the sales division.
Urology surgery is not a good place
Worker bee (Current Employee) –  MNFebruary 23, 2018
Revolving door of management makes working here very hard. New bosses every 1-2 years means new styles, new goals, new teams, and a state of uneasiness. This is the worst place I've worked in 15 years with MN device companies, and alumni that have left (many) all agree.
Pros
No teams, little boss involvement, no direction
Cons
Just a really odd place with virtually no culture or interpersonal and professional relationships
Open environment and great team work.
Sales Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2017
A typical work day would involve working with external distributors regarding their sales data and rebates requested and also providing scheduled and adhoc reports and data for internal customers. Coloplast was a team oriented workplace but also allowed for individual work pace. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that all data was completed prior to month end. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of completing all processes in the required timeframe and also resolving external customer issues.
Pros
Year end bonuses and employee appreciation events throughout the year.
Cons
workload was often very heavy.
Very competitive.
Territory Manager - Surgical Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 15, 2017
Market place in gynecology and urology was very competitive. Several products in the market place to choose from. Several hospitals chose products based on large buying groups and contracts. Improving patients lives through surgical procedures was very self-rewarding.
Pros
Product made a difference in peoples lives.
Cons
Competitive products low quality hurt market.
Excellent work environment
Country Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Middle EastSeptember 14, 2017
Amazing experience
Awesome trainings
Cultural environment
Safe feeling and secure about job
Cooperative colleagues
Wonderful people
Multinational cosmopolitan environment
it was fun working place
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 14, 2017
i was doing medical assembling there which is start to end very important medical equipment for most people out there so i was so happy working there saving people life
Pros
free tea & coffe
Cons
the break was fair
Productive and great place to work!
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 18, 2016
Productive and great place to work! It is easy to access top management if you have great ideas to solve current challenges and drive business goals. There is an opportunity to work with people in other countries.
Engagement Representive/Sr.Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 20, 2016
They really care about the employees and consumers alike. The company is responsible for making great products such as continence, ostomy and skin care products.
Exceptional Company with Amazing Sales Team
Territory Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2016
Working for Coloplast as a Territory Manager for the Continence Care Division has been extremely rewarding. I had the pleasure of working on a team where, encouragement, positivity, and competitiveness surrounded me throughout my tenure. The upper management staff challenged and pushed us to always give 150% and to not take "NO" for an answer. I learned that clinical selling and challenging my customers goes much further with sales success and developing a trustworthy relationship among my call points and in turn helped me achieve the success I had within my territory. The relationships I have built with my co-workers at Coloplast are some of the most genuine relationships I have had within a company atmosphere and I look up to many of the reps I worked with on the Continence Care team.
The most challenging part of this role as Territory Manager was attempting to change the behaviors of certain call points we had to call on. I have such a passion in teaching and educating clinicians on ways to improve patient outcomes however, not all of the office staff involved in referring patients for our products had the same passion which resulted in more challenging roadblocks. The most enjoyable part of the job was changing lives!! Experiencing the life improvements that were made when a clinician and their staff decided to start prescribing our products to their patients. Hearing the stories directly from the end users themselves. Hosting lunch and dinner presentations to educate nurses, physicians, therapists, etc... on how my products could impact their patients lives and overall
  more... bladder health was one of the most rewarding parts of my role as a TM.  less
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 17, 2016
Wonderful company to work for. Great work life balance, friendly coworkers, good environment to work in. Location is great.
great place to wrok
Materials Clerk (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 5, 2016
I love working here fun place to work and great people. Shipping and receiving, shipment of orders, cycle counts day end printouts.
Increase business by cultivating relationship and clinically selling differences between products
Medical Device Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2016
While working at Coloplast you are given the freedom to run your business as if it were your own. The goal is to focus on growth of the business and increasing revenue by cultivating relationships and selling product. The hours this job required are more than most would think. There are a lot of early mornings and nights away in hotels, but this is how you build your business.
No work/life balance and underpaid for medical sales
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 18, 2016
A lot of micromanaging starting to happen at this place. Less sales and more customer service handling.Way too much on employee plates these days with unrealistic goals.
Pros
Free Lunches and Nice office
Cons
No work life balance
Great Company
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 7, 2016
Coloplast is a wonderful company that has provides a lot of opportunity and experience. I have learned a lot from working at Coloplast and am excited to build even more knowledge and experience on top of that.
Very good corporate culture.
Consumer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2016
Coloplast knows how to treat its customers and its people. The benefits and compensation are fair and the work is fulfilling in that you know you are genuinely helping people and exceeding their needs.
Pros
Forward thinking management and room for advancement.
extreemly good
Microbiology Engineer, Quality Department (Former Employee) –  珠海市March 11, 2016
Friend environment. You alway welcome to give your oppion. The office is so beautiful and you never feel boring here. Free lunch provide and food is good. Administration office alway try to give a better service to the employee.
Pros
Life and work balance
Cons
Salary is not high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coloplast. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight